Discussion - The DGM Hiatus Thread -Hiatus Ends July 17th- | Page 54 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The DGM Hiatus Thread -Hiatus Ends July 17th-

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgirl

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
^ We'll try our best. :) If one of us does get the mag....

Can you keep me updated if you learn something new? I might actually be in the area in NYC in the 18th, so if they will have it stocked I would like to stop by and pick up a copy.
Sure thing. They haven't called me yet. If no one calls by next Monday, I'm going to give them another call. SQ.Crown has to pop up on Kinokuniya's system some time next week. It just has to.

If you're in NYC on the 18th, you might have a better chance than me since they do get more mags than my Kinokuniya (as NYC's Kino is the flagship). However, before you do go into that store, you should give them a call to see if SQ.Crown is in. Otherwise, you'll be in the basement's magazine section looking very frantically. ^__^

---------- Post added July 09, 2015 at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was July 08, 2015 at 08:51 PM ----------

Amazon's SQ.Crown page has recently updated their page a little bit. We now have a code number.

Publisher: 集英社* (July 17, 2015)
Language: 日本語
ASIN: B0112S3ROE
Release Date: July 17, 2015
*集英社 (Shueisha)

No page numbers yet.

I also read on 2ch that the posters over there were able to pre-order SQ.Crown since the 7th, but they won't be able to get SQ.Crown until the 18th. Strange, huh....?

Edit: Wow. I love MH's "Post Added" feature! Woah.... :D

fuff

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
when will spoilers be out?! and the chapter?! im confused on the timing...so the sq crown is out on the 17th?! so means we wont get the chapter til the week aftrER?

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
when will spoilers be out?! and the chapter?! im confused on the timing...so the sq crown is out on the 17th?! so means we wont get the chapter til the week aftrER?
Usually, 3-4 days prior the official release for both spoilers and raw/chinese scan.

MonkeyW

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Can Jump release 2-3 chapters in one issue? Or we will get 30-50 page in chapter?

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Can Jump release 2-3 chapters in one issue? Or we will get 30-50 page in chapter?
Last 2 Jump SQ had 4 short chapters of Shin Prince of Tennis. It only had 1 chapter per month once in the last 2 years, it's usually 2-3 short chapter with a total of 25-30 pages.

WSJ has a manga called Isobee Isobee something that releases 2 chapters every week.

So, yes, Hoshino can release 2-3 chapters if she wants to. But the amount of pages won't change. Don't expect 100 pages. :XD
When she came back from the first big hiatus to Akamaru magazine, she did a big chapter, 50p for ch187.

Last edited:

MonkeyW

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Last 2 Jump SQ had 4 short chapters of Shin Prince of Tennis. It only had 1 chapter per month once in the last 2 years, it's usually 2-3 short chapter with a total of 25-30 pages.

WSJ has a manga called Isobee Isobee something that releases 2 chapters every week.

So, yes, Hoshino can release 2-3 chapters if she wants to. But the amount of pages won't change. Don't expect 100 pages. :XD
When she came back from the first big hiatus to Akamaru magazine, she did a big chapter, 50p for ch187.
Thanks. I believe that next the 25 volume will be out in 2016 >.>

leiatte

Reaction score
Country
United States
THANK YOU!! It feels like forever man, and I'm expecting about 20 pages a chapter like it used to be. But man, Lavi has been kidnapped for what feels like forever.

tgirl

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kinokuniya update ☆

I got a missed call and message from them, since I wasn't sure about that number. I thought I saved the right number, but this was another number.

The guy told me that I won't be able to subscribe to SQ.Crown, because it's a special issue. However, I can still order it from Japan.

So, I tried calling him back, but the other clerk told me he's with another customer so he'll have to call me back.

I do have to go soon, so, I hope the Japanese clerk won't call me while I'm driving. ^___^ Haha.... Eh... Phone tag with Kinokuniya. Game begins.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Update ***

So, the guy called me back. I was driving, but I managed to pull over to a side street to call him back. Placed the pre-order, but it won't come in until the following week. I won't be able to cancel this either, but I know this should be worth it. The only challenge for that day is that I'll be leaving for a trip on the 24th. X__X They will send me a confirmation e-mail.

Most likely, by that point in time, some 2ch/blog spoilers will be out. (Don't know about the Chinese Edited Manga people.) For anything Japanese HQ from me, you guys will have to wait another week. Sorry. ^__^;

:x3 It's happening~~~!!

MSofAofCOCA

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kinokuniya update ☆

I got a missed call and message from them, since I wasn't sure about that number. I thought I saved the right number, but this was another number.

The guy told me that I won't be able to subscribe to SQ.Crown, because it's a special issue. However, I can still order it from Japan.

So, I tried calling him back, but the other clerk told me he's with another customer so he'll have to call me back.

I do have to go soon, so, I hope the Japanese clerk won't call me while I'm driving. ^___^ Haha.... Eh... Phone tag with Kinokuniya. Game begins.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Update ***

So, the guy called me back. I was driving, but I managed to pull over to a side street to call him back. Placed the pre-order, but it won't come in until the following week. I won't be able to cancel this either, but I know this should be worth it. The only challenge for that day is that I'll be leaving for a trip on the 24th. X__X They will send me a confirmation e-mail.

Most likely, by that point in time, some 2ch/blog spoilers will be out. (Don't know about the Chinese Edited Manga people.) For anything Japanese HQ from me, you guys will have to wait another week. Sorry. ^__^;

:x3 It's happening~~~!!
Thanks for the update!

I'm not really sure what he means by SQ Crown being a special issue (since it's a quarterly magazine...) so it's a bit unfortunate they won't be carrying it in stores. I'll see if I can order it from Japan directly even if it's a bit more pricey. If that doesn't work either I guess I'll settle for online releases. I just really wanted the poster anyway, haha.

Last edited:

tgirl

Reaction score
Country
United States
^ You're welcome. :).

Not quite sure either, because yeah, this is a quarterly magazine. However, I can understand its existence as something different from a monthly or bimonthly magazine release. So, it's hard to subscribe to it? Maybe? Or, because it's brand new?

Anyways, I wish you good luck on your end on trying to order SQ.Crown, if you can. ^__^ Let us know as well.

Sharikaaria

Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally! This is one of those series with such an intriguing plot that it has to be completed! Can't wait :D

Aracely

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
That cover art of Allen and the Earl is lovely! Nice detail on the Earl's hat, too. And I don't recognise it so it must be new art, thank goodness. Tim's there too, so I can't help but think that Tim's going to be okay eventually. It'd be too cruel of Hoshino to put him on the first cover back otherwise.

This is so exciting. I really had been resigned to not seeing any more new DGM this year or even longer. But no! It's really happening. :wtf

Last edited:

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
That cover is just gorgeous. Love the colors

:luv welcome back Allen

Bloomerwedgies

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm over the moon! This is so wonderful.
I know I'm going to be haunting this forum for spoilers. :3

sparviero-92

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
omgomgomg i cant believe theres a new chapter coming out! im so happy! wow whaen i opened the forum yesterday after months it was such a wonderful surprise!
and i have a question: i am in japan right now, does anyone know where i can buy this magazine? i would love to have it!

tgirl

Reaction score
Country
United States
^ You can't buy it now in Japan until this Friday. You can pre-order it, at least. :)

So, if you're still in Japan this coming Friday, then by all means, go for it. Depending on where you are may also factor into which bookstore you stop by. The bigger the chain, the better chances that you'll find SQ.Crown.

If you've never been in a Japanese bookstore before, just go for the magazine section. The manga mags are all grouped together. They also pair up the mangazines by genres. The shoujo and josei will stick together. The shounen and seinens will generally be together. Then, you have everything else that's either for kids or that doesn't exactly fit the shoujo -> seinen groupings. But, Jump SQ.Crown should be easy to spot for you since those are English words. You only have to look for that. Plus, Allen is on the cover. Can't miss him. :D

Then again, it seems you have some decent grasp of the Japanese language, telling by your sig. and all your past doings, so, I don't think you'll have any problems. ^__^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.