Year Round The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
F**K YEAH! Chelsea LOST AGAIN! :shakefist

Did anyone watch that Portugal x Spain game last week? :zomg
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Nah, was to busy watching the shitfest. But i did see the highlights. The ronaldo fail goal was the best thing to happen to me this whole season.

I missed Nasri's goal, so when I saw the score as I walked in I thought 'Here we go again.' Now I'm gutted that I'm not at work on Monday. The mikey taking will be legendary. wenger's hissy fit with the bottle made me lol.
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
 

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
You can't deny that they have good managers and coaches. I'll admit they are overrated though. Like they have 9/10 when they deserve 8 in actuality. Just a little overrated in my view.
Plus they get a LOT of luck. I reckon between Scholes and Gary Neville Man U are missing 10 red cards. And who can forget Pedro Mendes from the halfway line?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Thank you horrible, horrible Arsenal for making me loose €40.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I have no idea what you are talking about, bugzee.

Today some CL. The only group imo worth watching is going to be A. The top spot is till to be decided (i think..?) so i should be very interesting. Im going to ignore the "battle of britain" as that stuff always ends up incredibly bad. >.>

Edit OT: Blai, sweden uses the euro!? It seems i have to restart my research. >:
 
Last edited:

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
We don't use Euro but I had to transcribe the value of what I lost to make it understandable to the rest of the world as 300SEK doesn't tell you much.

On a different note I'm definitely going to watch Barca's first half and then Valencia - Bursaspor.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I forgot to mention about the Alonso & Ramos red cards. It is being said it was intentional so that they miss the next dead rubber group game and could come back into the knockout stages with a clean disciplinary record. Apparently Mourinho gave the instructions as they were winning the match and it was close to the end. Cheating? Or just being very clever?
 

Hystzen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
2,318
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Mourinho never cheats he just sly .

i miss the old mourinho winding up sir alex ferguseon ...loved watching the the old fart annoyed by the sly italian


God damn UTD ...again last 5 mins and a penalty....geez i hate the refs seeming to let utd win ...
 
Last edited:

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
@Imp; I'd not say cheating, it's not fair play, it shows of low sportsmanship but it's not cheating.

If anything it's very tactical.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
It's not uncommon to do that actually... It's very strategic. Although I did find it very funny :rofl
That was the first highlight I saw when I reached in the bar. Sadly I didn't get to watch any games at all because of training.

Group H seems to be the most interesting now, with Arsenal and Braga both on 9 points and in second place.
 

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I forgot to mention about the Alonso & Ramos red cards. It is being said it was intentional so that they miss the next dead rubber group game and could come back into the knockout stages with a clean disciplinary record. Apparently Mourinho gave the instructions as they were winning the match and it was close to the end. Cheating? Or just being very clever?
A bit of both.

It's a sad day for german football when one of their top teams gets done over by England's perpetual under-achievers.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I have no idea what you are talking about, bugzee.
kk, Impy. :eyeroll

Braga are awesome.

Thank you horrible, horrible Arsenal for making me loose €40.
Fabregas got injured in like the 70th minute, you should've changed your bet or was it too late? :O

It's not uncommon to do that actually... It's very strategic. Although I did find it very funny :rofl
Me too. I wouldn't classify it as cheating. Smart Jose is smart.

Barca x Madrid on Monday. El Clasico. Messi vs. Ronaldo so they say...

Thoughts? Predictions? :D
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Barca will win. It's gonna be close, but I think barca has the more balanced team.


Wow... Arsenal scared me today giving away those two goals.... Thank god the same thing didn't happen again :notrust
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Full time score; Barcelona 5 - 0 Real Madrid!

Seriously, this is probably one of the best games I've watched this season. Utd x Blackburn was great but this game was pure class. Barcelona ripped Madrid apart! This is how you play as a team! Perfect passing, amazing control and beautiful finishing. Joga bonito at it's finest. :clap
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,333
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
OMFG barca raped real madrid.... suck it ronaldo(messi is the best in the world)! Barca is the best team in the world!
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I would fap about barcelona, but it seems you're all doing that for me. :oh There isnt much left to say. They were amazing.

In other news, the Fifa votes for the hosts of the 2018 and 2022 world cups will go down on Thursday (dont know why they are both going down at the same time). England has a "free" and slightly bonkers press/media so we maybe have shot ourselves in the foot (but seriously good on them). The countries bidding:

2018
Belgium & Netherlands
England
Russia
Portugal & Spain

Its is a "European" bid.

2022
Australia
Japan
Qatar
South Korea
United States

In my opinion, 2018 should be between England and Spain. Both haven't had a major cup in some years, have Major international club leages . Both have enough stadiums that need minor renovation, something russia is missing, it still has to build 8 i think it was and renovate the others. Belgium and the dutch had euro 2000, they still dont have a large enough stadium for a final. Those are the only criticisms for them, they have a strong big as well.

The 2022, Qatar is a joke, i shall not go into it. Japan and Korea had 2002 it would be ridiculous to have it again so quickly ( 4 WCs later is too little of time). The US bid is solid the only rival in my view is Australia who have never hosted a world cup, and should have this in the bag. They have the facilities and Oceania as a continent has never had one either, and Fifa does have a penchant for continental "firsts".
 
Last edited:

Hystzen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
2,318
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
bring it to UK.
the hooligans on home turf then save them money for flights
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Hahaha now I can laugh in the faces of all those Christiana fans :kukuku
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Russia has the money, baltic countries has the manpower, win-win. Bring the 2018 to Russia, and 2022 to Aussie.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top