Year Round The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
It's not bullshit Hardy, it's showing how many players playing top flight football in Europe each team produces. With Barcelona, it's very competitive. While they produce talented players, those players don't always leave to play in other teams in Spain or other countries. Whereas Ajax has been known to be doing that for years; especially with Italy in the 90s.
 

Nast.J

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
401
Reaction score
183
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
PSG vs Barcelona tommorow as well as Juventus vs Bayern. Two great matches, who are you rooting for guys?

Personally, since I'm from Paris and I've always liked PSG even though they haven't been top notch for many years since Ronaldhino has been gone but this year everything seems to be going fine for them so i hope they'll create the surprise.

Juventus vs Bayern, Bayern just had a great match vs Hamburger SV and they won 9-2 what a good way to start this game pumped up, so i think Bayern is gonna win tommorow as well.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Forza Juventus!!! :arf

So excited!! Finally have a reason to wear my new Juve jersey :dancin I hope we don't try to play too much counter attacking football and take control of that midfield. Shut down their wing men and Sweinstagher :mono Should be an excellent match.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I despise Barca, so I'm rooting for PSG, even though I know that the chances of PSG winning are rather slim.

I'd like to see Bayern win the CL so that when Pep makes it there and fails to win the CL, we can all point and laugh. Truthfully, I'd like to see Dortmund win the CL, but I doubt it's happening.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I Wanted Porto to win do I need to say anything else? :crying
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I Wanted Porto to win do I need to say anything else? :crying
I was rooting for Malaga, sorry.

---------- Post added April 02, 2013 at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was April 01, 2013 at 11:59 PM ----------

Alaba has certainly ignited this tie.

Alaba launches one and it's in within 30 seconds. 1-0 Bayern.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Kroos comes off with the groin injury and now it's Arjen Robben time.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Surprised to see them leading so early on. I'm watching the other game. PSG aren't fairing too badly.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Robben, wtf? I believed in you and now you've missed three easy chances.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Barca goal- no need to guess who. I hear Bayern are having a lot of chances and could've buried the game already?
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Bob, Bayern should be leading 4-0 or 5-0. Robben could've easily had a hat trick, but no goals at all.

On some of Robben's misses, all he had to do was hit the target. There was one where Buffon dove the wrong way and all Robben had to do was slot it into like a three yard area on the right side of the net, but he couldn't get his shot inside the post.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Messi's injury forced him off at halftime, only to be replaced by Cesc.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I will laugh if Bayern come to rue these chances.

Yes, I've just tuned back to see that Messi came off. I saw him talking to Villanova, so I kinda figured. Thiago Silva and Lucas Moira have been the outstanding players for PSG tonight so far. Ibra has been okay and if he gets a clear chance( besides the freekick), I think he'll score.

Beckham has just faded into the background...
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Bayern get the precious second goal.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Ibra had a clear chance in the first half, Bob, but dragged it wide.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Ibra gets the deserved equalizer for PSG!
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Goal, Ibra scored. Lucky goal but whatever, it counts.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
That can't be a penalty. The keeper went for the ball and then the Barca player jumped at him. Alexis Sanchez was not doing anything. It was even a less meritorious call than the one for Ba against City.

Xavi converts the penalty though.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
That second goal for Bayern was offside though... and Ribbery should have been sent off. What a dreadful game Juve are having...Pirlo isn't playing well at all. Hope it's better back in Italy
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Even supporting Barca I have to agree that this wasnt a penalty. Alexis made the most of that...but again, all that matters is the goal in the end. If the game ends as it is now, PSG have no chance in my books of winning at Camp Nou.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Valdes fucks up! 2-2!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top