Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenryuken

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
449
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Berlusconi said so in a TV show just half an hour ago.
Did you know that he was discuting about a truce in Palestina?
He left Palestina in a hury just for Kaka.
Seems that Kaka has more importance to the Caiman than the Palestinians Civilians.
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Did you know that he was discuting about a truce in Palestina?
He left Palestina in a hury just for Kaka.
Seems that Kaka has more importance to the Caiman than the Palestinians Civilians.
Wth? That's new to me :s
Kaka and City certainly could wait a little longer, even more cause Kaka has been saying he didin't really think of going.
Couldn't Berlusconi ask his vice to tell this to City? It's certainly not more important than the truce negociation
 

Dokuro no Kishi

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 16, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Money laundering shouldn't be made so obvious.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
De jong has joined the middle eastlands, which is only their third signing of the season! (And there was me thinking they would be in double figures by now :p) But anyway its a good signing for them since it would mean kompany can finally drop into defence and maybe stop them leaking in so many goals.

And palacios has also signed for spurs, which is annoying since we could have gotten him when he was on trial with us. So much for thinking ahead....And in other news, zenit are playing hardball with arshavin (How many clubs have they done that too, so far?)
 

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
De jong has joined the middle eastlands, which is only their third signing of the season! (And there was me thinking they would be in double figures by now :p) But anyway its a good signing for them since it would mean kompany can finally drop into defence and maybe stop them leaking in so many goals.

And palacios has also signed for spurs, which is annoying since we could have gotten him when he was on trial with us. So much for thinking ahead....And in other news, zenit are playing hardball with arshavin (How many clubs have they done that too, so far?)
Am I the only one who thinks what Tottenham needs are a proper defensive midfielder, a central defender and a left sided midfielder? Interesting to see what the club do between now and the start of next season now that they've frozen season ticket prices (I'll bet one off tickets will rocket up)

Zenit are holding out for £24 million. They must be in a pretty good position financially because they haven't budged since the summer.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I heard yesterday that Arshavin's agent saying that his client is thinking about buying out his contract or something...now that would be a kick in the nuts for zenit; after all their efforts, the player walks away for free lol
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
I just watched a Manchester United game back in like 98 or 99 and they were playing Tottenham and Totts were up 3-0 in the first half and ManU scored 5 goals to win the game in the 2nd half. It was crazy. Ive never seen anything like that. Actually Turkey did some crazy things back in the EuroCup
 

Tenryuken

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
449
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
They did it even twice.
 

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I just watched a Manchester United game back in like 98 or 99 and they were playing Tottenham and Totts were up 3-0 in the first half and ManU scored 5 goals to win the game in the 2nd half. It was crazy. Ive never seen anything like that. Actually Turkey did some crazy things back in the EuroCup
*thsv sighs

It was 2001. I paid £55 for my damn ticket to that game. I had to sneak out of work to get to White Hart Lane on time. Trust me when I say it happens on a regular basis with Tottenham, especially at home.
 

Tenryuken

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
449
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Is Tottenham your favorite team?
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Man I want to see Tosic in action soon! His free kicks are deadly!
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
goldb said:
I heard yesterday that Arshavin's agent saying that his client is thinking about buying out his contract or something...now that would be a kick in the nuts for zenit; after all their efforts, the player walks away for free lol
But thats in November, so its quite far off.

thsv said:
Am I the only one who thinks what Tottenham needs are a proper defensive midfielder, a central defender and a left sided midfielder? Interesting to see what the club do between now and the start of next season now that they've frozen season ticket prices (I'll bet one off tickets will rocket up)

Zenit are holding out for £24 million. They must be in a pretty good position financially because they haven't budged since the summer.
I dont really watch tottenham matches (unless to have a good laugh *cough*Burnely*cough*..but then again who am i to talk -_-), but i get the need for a winger and central defender but whats wrong with zokora as a def mid?

And yea, zenit are onwned by some oil giants who have more money than they know what to do with. (i.e. buying danny for a crazy fee...).

*thsv sighs

It was 2001. I paid £55 for my damn ticket to that game. I had to sneak out of work to get to White Hart Lane on time. Trust me when I say it happens on a regular basis with Tottenham, especially at home.
I actually remember that game. Since it was the same day i went to my first away match (pride park), it was all those headers right?

Edit: Villa signed heskey.....
 
Last edited:

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
WOW wigan selling too many of their good players, good for Villa though, they are doing great.
 

Tenryuken

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
449
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
lots of Hammers, it seems.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
WOW wigan selling too many of their good players, good for Villa though, they are doing great.
They got mido and the mexican guy who are both strikers. It makes more sense to sell heskey now instead of having to let heskey go for free in the summer. And besides im sure together mido and rodallega can beat heskeys goal to game ratio (is it 1:859 now? xD). But more of an issue is going to be can they keep valencia who is probably their best player....I hope they do since i quite like steve bruce. :p
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
hmm changing subject... I dont think it was discussed here, but as you know C.Ronaldo was named by the fifa as the World Best Soccer of the year. Nice for him, coz if he couldnt win this year, he'd never Ever win it. I say this coz I've seen too many of Messi since this season began. He's on freakin fire! Not even Ronaldinho had this much influence on the team's game style. Even if Ronaldo eventually went to Real Madrid, he'd be totally shadowed by their rival's own Messi. Although it'd make a very good winger double Ronaldo/Robben. The dutchman is playing like he always does, but now the difference is... he's Playing. Took a change of coach to make their best player play in the starting 11. I hope with Juande Ramos Real Madrid can match Barcelona next year (if he doesnt get fired in the meanwhile)
 

Tenryuken

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
449
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Messi fucking ROCKS!!!
He will for sure win next year.

P.S. I dodn't want Ronaldo to go to Real, they turn good players into shit.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I agree. And Berbatov screwed his former club with another amazing goal. I'm so impressed with what I've seen of Berbatov since he got to Man U. He and Torres are imo the best and most complete strikers in the world right now
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top