Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenryuken

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
449
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Barça made another festival this Week-End.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Fabio looks class, shame he got injured. Damn Man Utd hit with the injury curse.
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Messi fucking ROCKS!!!
He will for sure win next year.

P.S. I dodn't want Ronaldo to go to Real, they turn good players into shit.
I think Messi will probably win it next year, but i think as of right now Eto deserve it more(just my imo). The guy is playing really great right now.


Barça made another festival this Week-End.
I hate to say it but Barca are the best team in the world right now, they look fucking unbeatable.
 
Last edited:

Dokuro no Kishi

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 16, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
I wish Messi played liked that for Argentina... but I guess that the only color that motivates players nowadays is green... or whatever color euros are.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
You think so?
Last time I checked (last Copa America) Argentina, Messi was playing godlike. Its also true that Argentina is nowhere near Barça in offensive football (lets face it, no other team/nation is) so its normal that he's got less playmaking time there.
But who am I to talk when C.Ronaldo is totally giving a crap about Portugal... its getting more and more obvious with time.

Btw Porto's defensive midfielder Pélé is reinforcing Portsmouth on loan. I hope he can play more regularly there, since its a player I have high hopes for (he was playing regularly on Inter during their injury crisis)
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I hate to say it but Barca are the best team in the world right now, they look fucking unbeatable.
i agree with you there, and so does the league table!! it's amazing how good they've been this season...they've got the best offensive and defensive record in the league, i would be extremely surprised if they didn't win the league
 
Last edited:

Dokuro no Kishi

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 16, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
You think so?
Last time I checked (last Copa America) Argentina, Messi was playing godlike. Its also true that Argentina is nowhere near Barça in offensive football (lets face it, no other team/nation is) so its normal that he's got less playmaking time there.
He played some really good matches in that Copa America but I wouldn't call them godlike. Now he dribbles through 3 o 4 players like it's nothing, and does it several times in a match. And he scores. And he assists. THAT is godlike.

i agree with you there, and so does the league table!! it's amazing how good they've been this season...they've got the best offensive and defensive record in the league, i would be extremely surprised if they didn't win the league
Well, if they keep this level they've already won the league, but it's extremely unlikely that they actually manage to do that. Mainly because of the Champions decisive matches that will probably take its toll on the players' physical and mental state, thus affecting the general level of teamplay. This is, of course, assuming that they don't get knocked out in the 2nd round or so.
 
Last edited:

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
*thsv sighs

It was 2001. I paid £55 for my damn ticket to that game. I had to sneak out of work to get to White Hart Lane on time. Trust me when I say it happens on a regular basis with Tottenham, especially at home.
wow u wer at that game. Sucks to be u. Ur a Totts fan right.


But thats in November, so its quite far off.

I dont really watch tottenham matches (unless to have a good laugh *cough*Burnely*cough*..but then again who am i to talk -_-), but i get the need for a winger and central defender but whats wrong with zokora as a def mid?

And yea, zenit are onwned by some oil giants who have more money than they know what to do with. (i.e. buying danny for a crazy fee...).


I actually remember that game. Since it was the same day i went to my first away match (pride park), it was all those headers right?

Edit: Villa signed heskey.....
yup, the first 4 goals Man U made were headers and then Beckham nailed the 5th one in himself at the top of the box


Fabio looks class, shame he got injured. Damn Man Utd hit with the injury curse.
It's okay though. He's still very young and we have a hell of a bench. I think we'll be okay
 
Last edited:

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
The German league is surely the most competitive. When you look at the table and the pleasant surprises in that league you know what I mean.
In the other big leagues, both Man U and (specially) Barça seem to be heading to the title comfortably. Inter may have the opposition of Milan, who is definitely the strongest team in the league right now. Inter wasting points and chances like this matchday and Milan will catch up in no time. Juve isnt being a serious contender unfortunately...

Today Torres screwed up Chelsea. Scolari's time is over! Choose the next coach, Abramovic :P
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
just watched the Chelsea vs Liverpool match and wow. Bull***t refereeing is all I have to say. His name is like Makaleli or something like that. First Gerrard kicks a ball into the Bosingwa's balls and doesnt even get carded. Then Lampard slides for the ball at midfield and the opponent kicks Lampard in the shin and Lampard gets a red card around the 60th min. That was really bull***t. Then towards the end Bosingwa literally kicks a Liverpool player out of bounds and nothing was called. I dont know what the Ref was thinking and I cant really say he was paid cuz he had bad calls for both sides. That whole game was messed up from the begining when Gerrard kicked the ball at the opponents balls in like the 3rd or 4th min.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
In Portugal refereeing is so damn bad that I considered Chelsea vs Liverpool referee's performance quite reasonable. Please dont watch the portuguese league unless you wanna get sad
edit: just noticed... 1000th post! xD
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Congrats Mendes xD

Scolari better do a good job on the champions, otherwise I guess he won't stay in Chelsea for a long time. But with the football they're playing I think that's kinda hard :XD
Barcelona and Manchester U. are certainly the favorites :P
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Congrats Mendes xD

Scolari better do a good job on the champions, otherwise I guess he won't stay in Chelsea for a long time. But with the football they're playing I think that's kinda hard :XD
Barcelona and Manchester U. are certainly the favorites :P
Agreed! But I think Liverpool has a word to say in the CL. Perhaps a full sentence :P and of course, FCPorto! (lmao)
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Barcelona (Ultimate Attack) vs Man Utd (Ultimate Defense + Awesome attack) :tem
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Quaresma has gone to chelsea and will probably answer the question a lot of people were wondering (Can he cut it in the premier league?). As for the arshavin soap opera, its finally over (thank god), my heart beat was in ovverdrive throughout deadline day.Helped in full by those smug-faced bastards on sky sports news "Arshavin will not sign", "Actually he will", "He's left the country to never come back and will not sign", "Only kidding" :cussing

And in other news, united have made a new record for consecutive clean sheets. Though most of it has to do with the beast that is vidic, the man is just unreal. >.>;

Edit: Btw, i was sent this gem, look familiar? :rofl
 
Last edited:

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Vidic and Carrick have been Man Utd's best players so far this season. Carrick deserves to be in the England team. :mad
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top