Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

patedecarne

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
4,863
Reaction score
2,841
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well, to tell the truth, I think Scolari is one of the most prepared persons to be Brazil's coach;

Not even with Brazil, but he always did an excellent job in other teams here;

But currently, I cannot say for sure if he's doing well just now, though...
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Actually I dont like Scolari. The country is kinda split in half when it comes to support the coach. I dont like some of his stubborn choices and he usually needs to loose important matches to realize mistakes (1st match he played in Euro 2004 was so proof of that). But I never complainted as long as he had that winning star around him. I was just terrified with his attitude towards Dragutinovic. A coach of his level could never do something like that. It reveals a horrible character and I was really surprised when he was supported by the FA instead of being fired that time
 

sk.nite

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
I guess this thread could create a We Hate Our Nation's Coach crew. Is there anyone satisfied with their manager?

sk.nite, what club do you cheer for?
Independiente de Avellaneda, one of the biggst teams of Argentina. We are called "los diablos rojos" which means "red devils", because of the color of the jersey, which is obviously red. The club had its biggest moment of glory during the 70's and 80's, when we won 7 times the Libertadores cup (AKA the south american champions league). Our last title won was the Apertura 2002 (Argentinian league). If you want to know more about the club go HERE. It's better than the official site.
 
Last edited:

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Brazil 0 x 0 Argentina...the game was far better than the last one versus Paraguay, but Brazil still lacks Kaka something...

It was fun to see Dunga being called dumb (and many other things i can't really write here) all night long by the entire stadium. Everytime the stupid narrator would shut his mouth, we got to hear the roar. xD
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Brazil need to step their game up. It be the crazy thing ever if they don't qualify for the world cup, i know this is not going to happen but they really need to stay playing like Brazil again.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Brazil didn't a good match but Argentina has managed to be worse.
Unbelievable.
 

sk.nite

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
My prediction for the match against Brazil: It will be either a boring 0-0 or Brazil will miracolously recover their form and beat us 3-0(or worse). Pretty pesimistic, huh? Well, check the last results between Brazil and Argentina and you'll see.
I'm da man :smile-big

Mascherano :worship2 best number 5 in the world
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
they didny go into OT in the Brasil game
 

sk.nite

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
One more comment about the match: It was nice to see both coaches going all out at the end of the match and showing off the great south american football style to the world with these substitutions: Battaglia x Riquelme and Dani Alves x Diego

For the dense bunch: That was sarcasm.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
I'll join the we hate our coach club. I wouldn't worry too much about Argentina and Brazil though, worse case scenario they can just call back some old players to come back and help out before the Mundial
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
^ Brasil will call up Romario, LOL
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Well, its Germany vs Turkey in the semi-finals.
I'm terrified by our defensive mistakes against Germany. I cant help but to feel like we would have won that match with a different goal keeper... In the end, Germany outplayed us and they're in huge position to reach the final. Unless Turkey does something like that again xD
Can you believe it? After turning a 2-1 defeat against Czech into a 3-2 win at the last minutes, the Turkish do the same thing with Croatia! It was tied 0-0 till extra time-29', where Croatia scores. At 31' Turkey tied in the last second and then they just tossed Croatia out of the Euro in the penalties!

As for the market:
It seems like Ronaldo wants to go to Real Madrid as much as Real Madrid wants Ronaldo. I smell blood in this transfer speculation...
It seems like Adebayor is going to Barça for 27M€, replacing Eto'o who's destiny is still unknown.
(I had to say this xD) Porto just hired Cristian Rodríguez, the attacking midfielder who played on Benfica by loan last season and established as one of the best players of our rivals. Benfica didnt cover the wages he was asking for, while Porto did. The blue will suit him fine! Mwahahaha
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
I hope he goes to RM, they haven't had a really good European season for a while. It's good for historic teams like RM to get players like that.

I agree that your keeper is pretty bad, but our old man was worse =)

Sounds good, Romario, Rivaldo and Ronaldo will take Brazil back to the top.
ps. almost forgot Zico! Pele can be the coach.
 
Last edited:

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
why can't great soccer players stay on the same team, I hate it when they go where the money is. It would really suck if Ronanldo leaves Man U, we are the best and if he leaves that fucks evrytuing up
 

Amilevi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 6, 2007
Messages
17
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
(I had to say this xD) Porto just hired Cristian Rodríguez, the attacking midfielder who played on Benfica by loan last season and established as one of the best players of our rivals. Benfica didnt cover the wages he was asking for, while Porto did. The blue will suit him fine! Mwahahaha
Now Rodríguez is in the champions league, LOL
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
why can't great soccer players stay on the same team, I hate it when they go where the money is. It would really suck if Ronanldo leaves Man U, we are the best and if he leaves that fucks evrytuing up
i known, what better place for him to show his talent than at the greatest and best club(Man U) ever and at the best and most follow league right now(EPL). I don't really see him during too well in La Liga. He should just go ask Theiry Henry.
 

sk.nite

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
I'm so happy with Racing playing "la promocion" I changed my sig. What is that you wonder? Well, it's basically a relegation play-off. Imagine you support a big team and that your biggest rivals are playing that. I just can't stop laughing.

Pd: Racing used to be a football club. Now it's just a private enterprise.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
lol racing was a nice team. I used to shop there in CM some amazing players. How did they got so bad? Corinthians had a similar problem in the Brasileirão, but they were a super rich club when they were relegated, which is even more unbelievable. In Portugal, that's completely impossible. The 3 most important teams -Porto, Benfica, Sporting - never fell onto the lower leagues and they won every league title except for 2 times in history

EDIT: btw, Arsenal just secured Nasri for 16.5M€. A nice purchase from the North London club. I havent seen him playing much, but he's supposed to be a hot prospect for France
 
Last edited:

sk.nite

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
lol racing was a nice team. I used to shop there in CM some amazing players. How did they got so bad? Corinthians had a similar problem in the Brasileirão, but they were a super rich club when they were relegated, which is even more unbelievable. In Portugal, that's completely impossible. The 3 most important teams -Porto, Benfica, Sporting - never fell onto the lower leagues and they won every league title except for 2 times in history

EDIT: btw, Arsenal just secured Nasri for 16.5M€. A nice purchase from the North London club. I havent seen him playing much, but he's supposed to be a hot prospect for France
Yeah, here in Argentina too it's very rare that one of the most important teams (called "grandes": Boca, River, Independiente, Racing and San Lorenzo) to be relegated. In fact, it only happened to Racing and San Lorenzo once in the eighties.

In what position does Nasri play? I'd say he's a center-forward, considering that Adebayor was already sold. Btw, 16.5 million it's pretty steep considering he's relatively unknown.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Yeah, here in Argentina too it's very rare that one of the most important teams (called "grandes": Boca, River, Independiente, Racing and San Lorenzo) to be relegated. In fact, it only happened to Racing and San Lorenzo once in the eighties.
we call the biggest teams the 'grandes' as well, but the only possibility of one of them to drop from the 1st league is trough a corruption scandal like Juve in calcio-caos. Although, trough our justice system that seems very unlikely...

sk.nite said:
In what position does Nasri play? I'd say he's a center-forward, considering that Adebayor was already sold. Btw, 16.5 million it's pretty steep considering he's relatively unknown.
Nasri is attacking midfielder. He doesnt seem to be an option to fill in Adebayor's gap. It seems to me like its an alternative to Rosicky, who's having several problems with injuries. His price was very high, but I've heard he was already a huge player, and he may still benefit by Wenger's characteristic of improving youngsters. Arsenal has money, so they must be still be looking for a center midfielder with the characteristics of Flamini and a center forward.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top