Hangout - The Gamer by Sung Sang-Young | Page 38 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout The Gamer by Sung Sang-Young

yellowblue

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Re: [Webtoon] The Gamer by Sung San-Young & Sang-Ah

Is it possible that Jee-Han is using his mana rope to string a net along the top of the spikes? Maybe like a trampoline and bounce the attack back? I can't really think that the spikes would be much help in defending against that fireball.
It might be his plan since he is defending himself with his own firewall and making another escape tunnel. It will be easier to slingshot the tree though than bounce off the 2500C giant fireball which is a lot bigger than the tree itself. Can he just add earth element with his mana shield and cast it 10x to the tree?

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada

It might be his plan since he is defending himself with his own firewall and making another escape tunnel. It will be easier to slingshot the tree though than bounce off the 2500C giant fireball which is a lot bigger than the tree itself. Can he just add earth element with his mana shield and cast it 10x to the tree?
I'm not sure what you mean here... You mean, rip up the tree and move it? I imagine that would interrupt what the Druid is trying to do. Also, the fireball maybe larger than the tree, but I'm fairly confident that the tree weighs a lot more.

How about an alternative possibility... the escape tunnel is under the tree so it gets lowered into the hole and then is covered up by the firewall. Looks like the tree has been destroyed but is just hidden? Only problem with this is, does Gnome have enough time to do the job? And would the druid be interrupted with any movement?

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas

The more I think about it, the more I'm impressed with Gnome. In just a few seconds, she was able to shield Jee-Han, make an escape tunnel, and create relatively large earthen spears. I guess he's allowed her to increase her level quite a bit, at this rate she's going to be pretty monstrous. I'm curious to see if he pursues any other elementals; the return on investment seems pretty spectacular, even more than usual for his already broken ability.

As for the use of the earth spears, I'm kind of hoping for something more mystical, or new, in conjunction with Gnome's ability. The more obvious alternatives seem a bit too time-consuming or insufficient.

0Xellos

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia

I'm trying to figure out whether Aholting sacrificed himself by turning into the Grand Tree, or if he can turn back into a man afterward. Assuming that he survives the attack, I wonder if he felt that Jee-Han was strong enough to be the Witch's partner, so he sacrificed himself to keep the Witch alive.
Considering the bad guys know about the magic, I doubt it's sacrificial.

Using something sacrificial against basically fodder would suck.

yellowblue

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I'm not sure what you mean here... You mean, rip up the tree and move it? I imagine that would interrupt what the Druid is trying to do. Also, the fireball maybe larger than the tree, but I'm fairly confident that the tree weighs a lot more.
He has gnome so the roots can be taken care of easily and replanted someplace else. Was imagining this video where Christmas trees are easily transported by a small helicopter.

Your alternative possibility is much better :)

How many levels would he get after defeating the main golem? They might be the same level as his classmate after the battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

THAT was an Awesome Pilot! No doubt about it!
Somehow though, I doubt that the tree will be moving at all, even taking into account my alternative possibility.

Option 3: The firewall is actually going to be put on top of the earth spears to act as a roof. Jee-Han quickly jumps down the escape hole after doing it.

As for the use of the earth spears, I'm kind of hoping for something more mystical, or new, in conjunction with Gnome's ability. The more obvious alternatives seem a bit too time-consuming or insufficient.
Ok, option 4: The spears are being turned into a force field generating Stone circle looking like Stonehenge? Would fit with Druid motif, but maybe not with Gamer motif :XD

Last edited:

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas

Ok, option 4: The spears are being turned into a force field generating Stone circle looking like Stonehenge? Would fit with Druid motif, but maybe not with Gamer motif :XD
I'd definitely go for that one. It would open all sorts of doors with combined magical attacks with Gnome and other elementals in the future. Although, yes.....it's probably quite a bit of wishful thinking. Maybe he just uses her spears to strengthen for his magical shield, or something along those lines.

yosemite

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

maybe he puts those ten staffs into the earth spikes and casts a huge mana shield. he mostly is concerned with his own safety and then the tree i'd think. cause as long as majority of the tree survives it'll probably just heal.

i'm mad he's just now seeing the usefulness of the craft skill. i would have been grinded that skill instead of buying stat boosting items that he never wears.....

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas

Obviously, the moment of the chapter was Loli stealing a kiss. Be very afraid. We did get some clarification on the ranks among mages; Loli's a pretty big deal. Dylan's OK, guess there weren't any risks to the use of the magic...he just grows back. I was hoping we saw more of Jee-Han's and the actual end of Black Rock, although their continued existence gives Jee-Han something to worry about. I imagine they aren't going to forget his role in their defeat.

yosemite

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

well he needed a magic tutor and who better to learn from (for free might i add) than one of the top 100 magic users in the world. perhaps he'll finally grind his life drain skill

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Did they really just translate Sage as Ranker to make a bad ToG joke?

I also don't like the fact that Aholting can even allow the Witch to drain life from him and still be fine. It seems like a broken ability.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas

I also don't like the fact that Aholting can even allow the Witch to drain life from him and still be fine. It seems like a broken ability.
I think it probably seems that way at the moment because these two are just on entirely different levels from most of those we've seen in combat. I imagine that as we move on to the higher levels, it's going to seem less impressive. Our protagonist's first real battle against other ability users involved gigantic golems that dwarf buildings, with that as the starting point I think things might get a bit ridiculous.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

I think it probably seems that way at the moment because these two are just on entirely different levels from most of those we've seen in combat. I imagine that as we move on to the higher levels, it's going to seem less impressive. Our protagonist's first real battle against other ability users involved gigantic golems that dwarf buildings, with that as the starting point I think things might get a bit ridiculous.
Well, yes, logically we should see plenty of powers and craziness which dwarf what we've just seen.

Jee-Han needs to get better attacks than simple blue magic arrows.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

That was fun!

Now time to get an education in magic.... that and stun Sun-Il with what just happened to him. I wonder if Chunbumoon will take action against Black Rock because of this.

Actually, we still don't know anything about that pillar of fire that we saw right at the beginning of this fight. Was it the Redhead from Yun Hon Moon? I guess we are meant to assume that it was the Witch or maybe Black Rock that did it. Oh well...

One more thing... MARKED?

Was it simple affection... or did she actually do something to him?

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas

One more thing... MARKED?

Was it simple affection... or did she actually do something to him?
I don't think she actually did something, she probably just put him on notice that he belongs to her. As I said, he should be very afraid. She doesn't seem like the type to share her treats.

yellowblue

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

They ran away, too bad no experience gain and loot :) Jee Han and Shin Sun should be around on the same level now (lvl 32 and 33).
Wished he will learn at least one more elemental affinity and will be able to merge it with his current attack and defensive skills. The giant fireball and the witch spirit bomb should be a wake-up call for him to further develop his spiral energy bolt and enhance his defensive skills.
Looking forward on his grinding of crafting skills. Will he ran out of inventory space? :)

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

They ran away, too bad no experience gain and loot :)
That reminds me, what happened to the guys Jee Han defeated and burried with only their heads stuck out... Did the 'spirit bomb' kill them too? Or do they get out when the ID finally ends? Or did they auto-exit when their teammates did?

Looking forward on his grinding of crafting skills. Will he ran out of inventory space? :)
Oh, yeah. He will. I wonder if he will have to buy extra inventory space from Gaia? :XD

Last edited:

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas

Oh, yeah. He will. I wonder if he will have to buy extra inventory space from Gaia? :XD
He might decide to get involved in the sales part of the Auction. He does have a lot of inventory that he seems to have little intention of making any use of. And there's quite a bit up for sale. I think it's about time he purchase a few new things, maybe get some upgrades.