Hangout - The Games Hangout Thread | Page 56 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout The Games Hangout Thread

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
We now have an official Far Cry 5 Reveal coming in the next two days. It's America's turn this time.

Source

TrienDarkform

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Has anyone seen the trailer for Netflix's Castlevania series?

Interest piqued.

But... the question that first pops into my mind is:

"Is it going to have music befitting a Castlevania?"

:xp

Reactions: z.5

Freid

Reaction score
Country
United States
So Tekken 7 just came out and with this I bid farewell to civilization. Will probably only see friends and family on Christmas cause I got more important things to do like destroying noobs on Tekken.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Since it's upon us I thought we could have a thread to discuss the latest reveals and/or IP's coming this year.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I'll be looking forward to tomorrow's Nintendo event.
That's all for now I guess. :XD
Skyrim getting an Amiibo support was cool though, especially considering the irony of bringing Link's equipment in the Elder Scrolls series. LOL

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I like the look and feel of the new Assasins Creed game. And Anthem looks like it got the effort that Andromeda didn't.

Bethesda VR is meh. VR doesn't really interest me anyway.

I like the look of some of Xbox's Release Exclusives. The full exclusives are as boring as ever.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Same, looking forward to Nintendo. I'm a fan of Bethesda however. Also I watched the new KH3 trailer.... whew, dicks out.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Ubisoft's press conference is about to begin. Sort of curious what they'll have on offer other than the new AC and Far Cry games.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The new Dragon Ball game looks awesome. I hope the rooster is big and there will be 1v1 and 2v2 modes. 3v3 makes it a necessity that you need to master 3 different characters and is kind of off putting for me.
Need For Speed Payback looks like NFS Rivals. Guess i'll buy it the same way i did Rivals, 1.5 years later with all DLC for less than 10€.
Metro Exodus came out of nowhere and blew me away. Artyom's final chapter will be a good one.
Trademarkings about Monster Hunter World and a renew of the Shadow of the Colossus license by Sony sound like there are some big news on the way.
The new XBOX (XBox One X lol) isn't for me. $499 for a console with barely any exclusive games.
Sony better shows some Spider-Man gameplay this time. And maybe the new (old) Kratos killing something bigger.

Currently watching the Ubisoft conference and I don't get the colaboration between Ubisoft's Rabbids (hate these things, poor Rayman) and Mario.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Now i get it, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is actually Mario + Rabbids + XCOM. I wonder if it will have the same frustrating "you are only 1m away from your enemy and have a 98% chance to hit but still miss 2 times in a row and one of your best soldiers dies" moments. Many Switches would learn to fly because of this.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah, it's basically a reskinned XCOM. Pretty unexpected though.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Being able to control an eagle in the new AC is dope, I already know what kind of recon missions I'd do with it.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
It's nothing new, it was featured in a bunch of Ubisoft games already. There was a bird in Far Cry Primal and drones in Wildlands.

Discarab

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey y'all it's me Discarab. Some of you may have seen me... some not so much. Anyway let's cut to the chase.

What is your most anticipated game and why?

Mine is bloodborne 2. A souls fan needs his souls fix. I'm hoping bloodborne 2 will fill that gap. The second is code vein. Like dark souls but with anime, my dream game.

So what's yours?

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Ah, an E3 thread! Awesome!

So, what do you guys think so far? Good E3, or not? I think it was decent if only because of the PS4 title announcements but it did feel a little flat for the consoles.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I'm mainly a PC gamer, I haven't owned a console in quite some time, so make of that what you want. I also have nearly zero interest in VR. My personal rankings are this -

1. Bethesda/Microsoft - Dishonored, Metro, and Wolfenstein were hightlights. As close to a confirmed pre-order as you're going to get with me. Also curious about Cuphead, Anthem, new Ori, and Shadow of War.

2. Ubisoft - Nothing wowed me me here, but Skull & Bones, new South Park, Beyond Good and Evil 2 all piqued my interest (even though we only have a cinematic). Plus, XCOM Mario & Rabbids is just too goofy to not be interesting,

3. Sony - Shadow of the Colossus Remaster REMASTER seems nice but not sure it'll get me to buy a PS4. Same with Monster Hunter World and Destiny 2, especially since neither are exclusive. Though I think Anthem might have stole Destiny 2's thunder a bit.

4. EA - Aside from A Way Out, nothing terribly interesting to me. Battlefront 2 could be great, but why bet on it? Everything else was rather embarrassing.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Have you no interest in games like Horizon: Zero Dawn or Days Gone though?

And like you, I have no interest whatsoever in VR. I find it to be an annoying gimmick that is distracting the world from making something great and not just flashy with "eh" quality.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Have you no interest in games like Horizon: Zero Dawn or Days Gone though?

And like you, I have no interest whatsoever in VR. I find it to be an annoying gimmick that is distracting the world from making something great and not just flashy with "eh" quality.
Oh there is interest, but not really enough to spend money on a console, I guess. :p That and I already have enough of a backlog of stuff to play.

Days Gone seems interesting on paper, but that preview they presented was super weird and flat to me. Seems like it's trying to bite off The Last of Us' style and the open-world meme might be starting to wear out it's welcome with me. Doesn't mean it doesn't make sense for this type of game or that it can't be a good title, but from what I saw it I'm not that sold on it.

The main problem is they haven't solved how to handle movement in VR games. That and the graphics are crap compared to non-VR titles. My setup could definitely handle it, but the peripherals are expensive as hell, and nothing I've seen so far has convinced me to make that kind of investment. Especially when something better and twice the price comes out in a year or two.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The only thing that stands out to me about AC: Origins so far is the graphics quality. Other than that it's still up in the air. Anthem is what I'm most curious about, and Wolfenstein/ Metro Exodus are games I am likely to pick up

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The only thing that stands out to me about AC: Origins so far is the graphics quality. Other than that it's still up in the air. Anthem is what I'm most curious about, and Wolfenstein/ Metro Exodus are games I am likely to pick up
No Dishonored? You were curious about Prey but never played the Dishonored series? :notlikethis