Hangout The Games Hangout Thread

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,994
Reaction score
18,566
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Rampage and TMNT are absolute classics!
And I'm not sure that Paperboy, Marble Madness or Bucky O'Hare are so obscure either (though I reckon that the glasses would have to be rose-tinted to the point of complete opacity, in Paperboy's case)
 

arrowofsky

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,534
Reaction score
3,675
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
I have loved all types of TMNTs! (maybe a bit disliked TMNT 1 a bit only).
There were some weird things in TMNT 4 tournament: If you play the game too much continuously, some special moves became bugged, like Leonardo's revolving kick would finish 2 laps in the entire ground instead of just like 1/3 of it. Donatello would be able to beat Raphael's flying while ascending, but not while descending or swifting in his special move. Raphael himself was objectively too stronger compared to other turtles, like a simple flying kick from him would crack the walls in the first hit, and rarely one character might go completely invisible.

TMNT 3 was my favourite, but I could not pass the spiked turtle shield boss on a skyscraper, I still sort of remember it xD

and omg GTA Vice City! Drone task was awful for beginners, and there were all kinds of myths about collecting all 100 secret packages, and 80 % of the time we were just cheating and bazookaing tanks rather than playing the game :D While there were some weird boring parts and looked worse than GTA 3 Liberty City, there were weird details, like honking horn to a girl and he would restore your health in your car. There were also some mods that you could swim in water.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Man there were a lot of NES games. I've never even heard of Mendel Palace, A Boy and His Blob, Bucky o' Hare, and Kickle Cubicle.
 

arrowofsky

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,534
Reaction score
3,675
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
I also loved Legend of Kage, some Road Fighter like but with guns and stuff, a bottom up game. I still remember some cheat codes of them till today. Some games gave me bad feeling, like never able to collect enough money for Adam's Family to pass the next stage, Adventure Island or such and such.

Anyway, just let me remind you one of the most loved soundtracks for a NES game (with a gameplay). Me and my older sister were recording soundtracks to tape even, we liked these that much.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Rampage and TMNT are absolute classics!
And I'm not sure that Paperboy, Marble Madness or Bucky O'Hare are so obscure either (though I reckon that the glasses would have to be rose-tinted to the point of complete opacity, in Paperboy's case)
They aren't in the grand scheme of things probably, neither Rampage. Most were popular in the arcades at least. I'd maybe argue that Bucky O"hare was probably more obscure than something like Battletoads of Double Dragon, but I digress.

For TMNT I picked that game because it was so notoriously difficult and definitely lesser known than the arcade beat 'em ups.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Man there were a lot of NES games. I've never even heard of Mendel Palace, A Boy and His Blob, Bucky o' Hare, and Kickle Cubicle.
Yeah the library is absurd, just go back through emulation to see and it becomes even more crazy if you include Japanese games as well. Someone could come in and try to do the same thing as I did and there would be many games I've never heard of either lol.

Mendel Palace and Kickle Cubicle were grid-based puzzle games not unlike Bomberman or Adventures of Lolo. Basically about trapping enemies etc.

Bucky O'Hare was a platformer shoot'em up similar to Megaman in that you could tackle stages in whatever order you wanted and you got different crew members to play the game with after clearing each stage, like you have different suits to use with Megaman. There was also a side-scrolling beat'em up that Konami made but I only remember seeing it in arcades.

A Boy and His Blob is definitely the weirdest titles of this group. Basically it was a Metroidvania-style game where a kid feeds different candies to a blob to change it's powers and solve puzzles.
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,168
Reaction score
4,686
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
For TMNT I picked that game because it was so notoriously difficult and definitely lesser known than the arcade beat 'em ups.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Speaking of NES games anyone remember Skate or Die.

That was a classic.


🛹


I remember the art on the NES TMNT cartridge but I don't remember ever playing the game.

The SNES version of TMNT I remember, for being good.
 
Top