Archived The Hang Out Thread v.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
nyahahahahaha :kukuku

well, I have a friend who went to UCLA, so I should be nice :amuse and besides, I just love John Wooden, he's so cute how he and his wife still go to all the games :love

and, yes, it's possible that it may be all part of my evil new englander plot :plot
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
:notrust :noworry :p

So who all will be watching the Oscars tonight? Anyone have a favorite movie they're cheering for, actor, actress, director? I wonder what the foreign films up for the Oscar are ... I usually like to d/l torrents of these since they have subtitles >.>

Last year I watched The Lives of Others, soooo good. <3
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I might, if I can get these projects done :/
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yes, I'm from the Smoky Mountains of Eastern Tennessee, my alma mater is also University of Tennessee as well. And well, now I know who to trash talk if the Vols and Bruins do meet then :XD

But right now Vanderbilt is squarely in our sights... gotta win the SEC first before anything else.
ahh, it's nice to know there will be March Madness spirit around here...I remember you said you're not as much of a basketball fan as with football, but I assure you, you won't be disappointed...unless of course, when Tenessee loses to the Bruins..


PaperYomiko said:
Don't tell GK, but I'm all for UCLA to win it this year (seeing as there is no hope for my Buffaloes ) and to think "Go Bruins" is natural enough for me as a Boston fan, so it works out quite well
I think it's because us Boston and Los Angeles sports fans are so used to greatness..we've been spoiled.
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
you guys can root for whomever you like whether it's tennessee or ucla. i'm going to root for my blue devils :p
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Nyaaa~

Would be funny if UCLA, Duke, and Tennessee all ended up in the Final Four. I'm sure we'll all have such a grand time of it >.>
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
if that occurred, i don't think we could be friends that weekend...

jk though i'm sure duke would still dominate :p
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
nobody saw the oscars? you didn't watch, snu-chan? I was supposed to watch but then I considered I haven't watched any movies lately and I couldn't relate to the show if I didn't know the movies. -_-
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nyaaa~

Would be funny if UCLA, Duke, and Tennessee all ended up in the Final Four. I'm sure we'll all have such a grand time of it >.>
Are you guys talking about the men? If so, dont count Memphis out just cuz they lost.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I don't have a feeling they are going to make it, I felt that way before we beat them and I would still feel that way even if we had lost. Dunno, just don't think they'll make it that far. But we'll see.

snoogie, let's not talk to each other that week, if we play, and you can imagine that I'm a Duke fan and I'll imagine that you're a Vols fan. That way everything should be peachy once we start talking again. :p
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
nobody saw the oscars? you didn't watch, snu-chan? I was supposed to watch but then I considered I haven't watched any movies lately and I couldn't relate to the show if I didn't know the movies. -_-
oh i watched the oscars, don't worry. i love the fashion and the films that were featured. i haven't seen any of the movies yet but i plan to especially since i have heard positive things about them.

i'm glad that "falling slowly" (i think that's the title) won best song. it is so beautiful and the singers who sing this duet are so cute together :luv

Are you guys talking about the men? If so, dont count Memphis out just cuz they lost.
i think unc has a better chance. however, i am biased towards acc which might be due to the fact that they usually do well in the tournament.

snoogie, let's not talk to each other that week, if we play, and you can imagine that I'm a Duke fan and I'll imagine that you're a Vols fan. That way everything should be peachy once we start talking again. :p
i guess that's a good way to deal with it. we'll try it then if it happens :p

btw, congrats on tennessee getting the overall #1.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
bah, basketball :/ I've never been very interested in it. I don't mind going to live games, but that's about the only way I'll watch. Too boring otherwise.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
i'm glad that "falling slowly" (i think that's the title) won best song. it is so beautiful and the singers who sing this duet are so cute together :luv
yes! i love that song, too :) my friends and i (i was at an oscar party) felt so bad for the girl of this couple when they totally cut off her acceptance speech. it was so nice when they brought her back out after the commercial break to speak. i mean, when is she ever going to have a chance like that again? i know some of the speeches get a little long, but come on, let these people enjoy their moment!


I moved out about a year ago to live on my own ... there is no greater truth than this...
i'm partial to free beer, myself. it always tastes just a little better :amuse
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
i guess that's a good way to deal with it. we'll try it then if it happens :p

btw, congrats on tennessee getting the overall #1.
Thanks '^.^' First time in our basketball history ever, so it's cool.

Whether we can hold on to the No. 1 spot or not is another matter entirely though. I'm worried about Vanderbilt actually.
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
yeah it's really hard for teams to remain at the top for long especially in basketball since they are so many games teams have to play (at least twice a week). still it's great to be ranked #1 ^^

my professor let us out early because she was feeling dizzy. it was one of the most oddest things i have ever witnessed in my life. she just sat down and began rambling. she was about to let us out early but decided that she could teach for thirty more minutes. after fifteen minutes she just let us out because she realized that she was losing her train in thoughts. it was so weird...
 
Last edited:

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
o.O

Weird.

I had no classes today =) But Im working on a paper >.> Not funnnnnnn =(
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Hope nothing is wrong with your professor, snoogie.

Katy, I keep thinking you're Nami because of your current avatar >_>;
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
lol xD I felt it was time to change my current Ava/Sig combo =)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top