- Joined
- Nov 11, 2006
- Messages
- 13,956
- Reaction score
- 2,293
- Gender
- Female
- Country
-
I've always wanted to read the bible in a literature kind of approach, not the prayer style. But I end up sleeping. But surely one day....
Well the best part is when god created the seventh dayI've always wanted to read the bible in a literature kind of approach, not the prayer style. But I end up sleeping. But surely one day....




epul!!!!!Hello guys!! Just dropping by to make sure you all know that I'm still alive and kicking
Been really busy with college work......
Don't you all sometime wish there is more hours in a day?![]()

You're right about that, so many things to do in so little time..... but some people really have a knack on how to balance their time..... one of my friend is really good with time.... he managed to finish all his work early and still has time to hangout with friends, read manga and watch anime... I really admire this kind of people, they really looked like they have all their priorities sorted out.....epul!!!!!
long time no see. college indeed sucks. there is just so much homework and studying to be done in such a little amount of time.

Godd point. I think most of us would probably spend the extra hour to read manga or watch anime.......i second your opinion; there should be more hours in a day though i don't know if i would use the extra time as wisely as i should.

just dropping by
. How's things here going? I've been really busy ;___; and it seems like I'll be busy 'til june *sigh*
any tips to make the test easier to cope w/?
good luck with that. greek prefixes aren't hard; it just takes a lot of memorization but you'll be fine.Immmmmmm bacckkkkkkk! And im really busy. I have to do a project and my homework. Sadly I left the paper with the greek prefixes and roots that I needed for my homework at home so Ill have to write out my homework that I was supposed to type.
~lil~!!!!!!!!!!!!hey guys!!!![]()
just dropping by
. How's things here going? I've been really busy ;___; and it seems like I'll be busy 'til june *sigh*
I'm taking the dreaded SAT this saturday..any tips to make the test easier to cope w/?


Kyaaaa I'll be late for class in about... now.
bye! *chu*
Read lots of books in your free time for the verbal portion. Helps especially with long passages.hey guys!!!![]()
just dropping by
. How's things here going? I've been really busy ;___; and it seems like I'll be busy 'til june *sigh*
I'm taking the dreaded SAT this saturday..any tips to make the test easier to cope w/?
Yea I believe in evolution too, probably cuz im an aerospace engineer and gots a scientific like mindcourses can be boring but i would never dare to read a newspaper or anything for another course during class. my professor would get mad and probably point me out to the rest of class.
really? i was born roman catholic but believe in evolution. i think it depends on opinions. my friends in the course told me that it's really entertaining to hear him rant. it's not like he's forcing his opinion on the class; he just voices it. it probably didn't help that the creationist museum is located an hour away from campus.
funny that you mention it because i just got invited to a beer pong tournament this friday. i doubt that i'll attend though since i need my brain cells for the coming week. haha


yeah there is nothing worse than someone forcing his or her views on you. i think he is more upset that there are some people who are taking his class just to argue with him about creationism than to learn more about evolution.Yea I believe in evolution too, probably cuz im an aerospace engineer and gots a scientific like mind
Thats good thats good that the professor wasnt forcing his view, guess i misread your post![]()
my point of view: I believe in evolution but on the other hand I ask myself if nature, human, kosmos, etc are all part of that. Let me state it on a different way: as we know science proves a lot but the proofs should be their next question: the expansion of science is mainly because it always questions itself, science places itself before a mirror and again and again BUT I am also a sceptical person, I am the type that wants to doubt on everything to know more or to give it a chance
so as I said: I am not a creationist, but on the other hand I'll try to be transcedent - transcendence so my question to science is: what's the start of evolution? Big Bang? Was there something before it? And suppose there's a start? Why can't it be a deity who created all this but maybe that deity created evolution too?
sorry, but I am really philosophical
For the reading part study greek and latin prefixes and roots so that those big words wont seem so complex. Our English teacher has been making us learn them.hey guys!!!![]()
just dropping by
. How's things here going? I've been really busy ;___; and it seems like I'll be busy 'til june *sigh*
I'm taking the dreaded SAT this saturday..any tips to make the test easier to cope w/?
Good luck Lil!I'm taking the dreaded SAT this saturday..any tips to make the test easier to cope w/?
Just make sure you eat a good breakfast ^^ I didn't, and by the end of the test I was ready to eat the table 
And I'm going to have to take the GRE soon 
What's a SAT exactly?For the reading part study greek and latin prefixes and roots so that those big words wont seem so complex. Our English teacher has been making us learn them.
Speaking of SAT I definitly think that I can score way higher than my PSAT try when I got an 1110.
So it's national test that's pretty much the same in all america?The Standardized test we have to pass in America to graduate from high school.
Yeah I understand, over here we have one national test too and it's when we're leaving primary school, in High school such things - sadly - don't exist. Though there's some math test in belgium for highschoolers but it's not obligated and it hasn't any meaning to school - since it's more like a 4 round test to see who's the best in belgium and it has no effect to ratings, it's just good for the nameYeah it's a national test and it covers 3 subjects. There is the math section, the reading section, and the writing section. The math section is straight forward. The reading section requires you to read passages and poems and answer questions about them. In the writing section you just have to correct sentences and paragraphs and stuff like that.
thnx! i'll remember that %-tage tipgood luck with that. greek prefixes aren't hard; it just takes a lot of memorization but you'll be fine.
~lil~!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was wondering how you were. i'm sure that you'll do great on your sat. just get plenty of rest the night before and try to relax before taking the test. i don't talk to anyone before the test or during the breaks. don't talk about the test after you finish it though you probably shouldn't listen to me on that part because i obsess over that kind of thing.
go with your gut feeling and mark all the answers you know are not correct. also, only guess if you have a good chance of getting it right (33% or more) since you lose points for every one you get wrong.
i hope this helps! good luck!

Read lots of books in your free time for the verbal portion. Helps especially with long passages.
I used to teach for Kaplan, SAT's and GRE's, best thing I could say is get lots of sleep the day b4, even if you have to tire yourself out with exercise and stuff, DONT try to give yourself a sugar rush, you'll only burn yourself out, especially now since the test has so many sections. And focus on all of the little math tricks so you can do the questions faster. Worst thing you can really do is run out of time.
You'll probably do great since it seems like you're really devoting a lot of time to studying. GL!
where do I find these books... I'll just bring huckleburry finn with me...
though the grammar in that book is awful... Thnx for the tips 
Thx PY! Yosh! breakfast!Good luck Lil!Just make sure you eat a good breakfast ^^ I didn't, and by the end of the test I was ready to eat the table
Ugh.....I hated taking those testsAnd I'm going to have to take the GRE soon
![]()
I fell asleep 
after this it's ACTs in April
then AP and AICE exams in may and june... <--- (reasons why I won't be active again til june...
)