Archived The Hang Out Thread v. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasskatana

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
81
Gender
Male
Country
United States
yeste said:
Ummm...sorry but what is PotC??? Plzz :p
Pirates of the Carribean.

Now I have something really fun for you guys. Here's a little quiz. DO NOT CHEAT! NO LOOKING ANSWERS UP OR ASKING OTHER PEOPLE! THE PENALTY FOR SUCH A CRIME IS DEATH A FEELING OF DISSATISFACTION AND GUILT.



1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?
2) Which country makes Panama hats?
3) From which animal do we get catgut?
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?
6) The Canary Islands in the Atlantic are named after what animal?
7) What was King George VI's first name?
8) What color is a purple finch?
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?

1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?
*116 years
2) Which country makes Panama hats?
*Ecuador
3) From which animal do we get cat gut?
*Sheep and Horses
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
*November
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?
*Squirrel fur
6) The Canary Islands in the Atlantic are named after what animal?
*Dogs
7) What was King George VI's first name?
*Albert
8) What color is a purple finch?
*Crimson
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
*New Zealand
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?
*Orange, of course!

How'd you do?
 

yeste

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
551
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Vatican City State
Damn it, that's what it stands for!?????

He, I passed on it today, chose Supermen instead!!!
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
glasskatana said:
Pirates of the Carribean.

Now I have something really fun for you guys. Here's a little quiz. DO NOT CHEAT! NO LOOKING ANSWERS UP OR ASKING OTHER PEOPLE! THE PENALTY FOR SUCH A CRIME IS DEATH A FEELING OF DISSATISFACTION AND GUILT.


1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?
2) Which country makes Panama hats?
3) From which animal do we get catgut?
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?
6) The Canary Islands in the Atlantic are named after what animal?
7) What was King George VI's first name?
8) What color is a purple finch?
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?

1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?
*116 years
2) Which country makes Panama hats?
*Ecuador
3) From which animal do we get cat gut?
*Sheep and Horses
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
*November
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?
*Squirrel fur
6) The Canary Islands in the Atlantic are named after what animal?
*Dogs
7) What was King George VI's first name?
*Albert
8) What color is a purple finch?
*Crimson
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
*New Zealand
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?
*Orange, of course!

How'd you do?

I only got two right...#1 and #4.
 

Siedhr

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
38
Age
47
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
LadyHatake, thank you.

glasskatana, i think i must have done that test like three times and I still can't remember the answers.

How y'all doin'? I'm beat, I worked all day on the release. And now my sleepiness is gone and I'm just hammered, like the cartoons.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Siedhr said:
LadyHatake, thank you.

How y'all doin'? I'm beat, I worked all day on the release. And now my sleepiness is gone and I'm just hammered, like the cartoons.
NP.
You're such a hard worker ;) i wish I had your work ethic.
All I did today was be lazy. Yay for summer vacation. I honestly wish I was back in school. I miss the busy and hectic days of having projects and papers and yearbook deadlines and sports and all of that stuff. Only about a month untill school starts back up! On the flip side, I'll hate it once it starts, and I'll be longing for vacation again. *sigh*
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Watched PotC finally!!! It was alittle bit disappointing... I mean the first one was just unbelievable. Still, Johnny Depp is amazing!!! Ol' Jack Sparrow is too funny!!!
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
rykarreolacr said:
Watched PotC finally!!! It was alittle bit disappointing... I mean the first one was just unbelievable. Still, Johnny Depp is amazing!!! Ol' Jack Sparrow is too funny!!!
yay! you saw it! I agree, it was a bit disappointing. It wasn't as smooth as the first one, I suppose. Johnny played the roll of Jack Sparrow fantastically, though. Again. It was a good movie, though.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
LadyHatake said:
Ichimaru_gin_n_tonic: Had to move our convo...again... :)Having a friend that close is alot of fun. They're always there for you and they'e alot of fun. :)
Sorry about your mom and dad. Yeah, it is hard to lose family, but it gets easier as time passes.
What's Eyeshield 21 about?
Eyeshield 21 is about football and more. You could learn alot from reading Eyeshield like discipline, blackmailing others and most of all friendship. And it's how I managed to find this awesome community.

LadyHatake said:
Lol, I used to love Backstreet boys.
Me too! Basically, I like rock but I dont mind listening to other genre. As for Backstreet Boys, they were my only company when i was back in college during all those nights I'm writing my papers or just writing stuffs. I got alot of mp3s on my pc back then, but a friend of mine made a mistake by deleting it and somehow BsB was the only mp3 left. I got a good feeling he's the one that put BsB on my iPod. That's what friends are for, playing harmless pranks on each other. I just hope he wont be missing his spare tire (yes, i removed them from his car last Sunday when I went to his place).

LadyHatake said:
Hm...I've got: 12 Summers Old, 16th Avenue, A Beautiful Silence, The Academy Is, AFI, Amber pacific, Anberlin, Armor for Sleep, Black Eyed Peas, Boa, Boys Night Out, The Click five, Copeland, Daphne Loves Derby, Dayinthelife, Emery, The Fall of Troy, Fallout Boy, Goldfrapp, Gwen Stefani, Hard-fi, Hawthorne heights, Head Automatica, Hellogoodbye, Jack Johnson, Jack's Mannequin, Mae, Matchbook Romance, Motion City Soundtrack, My Chemical Romance, Naruto OSTs, N*E*R*D, Panic! at the Disco, Plain White Tee's, Saosin, The Spill Canvas, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Utada Hikaru

I'm mostly a rock fan, but not hardrock or metal. More...emo, I guess. But you like Jack Johnson too, which is awesome. ;)
Wow, great eccletic mix! Jack Johnson is one of my favorite, glad to know u like his music too![br]Posted on: July 31, 2006, 10:42:28 AM_________________________________________________
LadyHatake said:
yay! you saw it! I agree, it was a bit disappointing. It wasn't as smooth as the first one, I suppose. Johnny played the roll of Jack Sparrow fantastically, though. Again. It was a good movie, though.
Yup, it's a good movie. I hope we wont have to wait long for the sequel.

@Siedhr: Sorry to hear about your not being able to watch Dead Man's Chest. I hope u can finish all ur study and the weather will be perfect to go out.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Eyeshield 21 is about football and more. You could learn alot from reading Eyeshield like discipline, blackmailing others and most of all friendship. And it's how I managed to find this awesome community.
I always wanted to know the proper way to blackmail a person ;)
I just hope he wont be missing his spare tire (yes, i removed them from his car last Sunday when I went to his place).
You took his spare?? :rofl Yeah, it'd suck if he ended up needing it.

Yup, it's a good movie. I hope we wont have to wait long for the sequel.
The third is slated for a May 25, 2007 release. It's called PotC: At World's End. :) I'm super excited.
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
LadyHatake said:
The third is slated for a May 25, 2007 release. It's called PotC: At World's End. :) I'm super excited.
Hmmm... It isn't such a long wait. I hope it's a good one.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
rykarreolacr said:
Hmmm... It isn't such a long wait. I hope it's a good one.
Me too. There's a rumor that the man Johnny molded Jack Sparrow after (Keith Richards) will make an appearance as Jack's father in PotC:AWE.
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Damn!! Keith Richards is Jack Sparrows dad!!!!'That's gonna be totally AWEsome!!!! :grin
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
rykarreolacr said:
Damn!! Keith Richards is Jack Sparrows dad!!!!'That's gonna be totally AWEsome!!!! :grin
I know! I'm so excited! Only a 10 month wait! lol.
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Yeah, almost like a baby.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
rykarreolacr said:
Yeah, almost like a baby.
:rofl Yeah, pretty much. I wonder who else will make an appearance in the movie...Maybe Bono? Perhaps Jon Bon Jovi? lol.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Let's just hope Keith Richards will be in the third movie. I thought he had an accident in Fiji and got his head injured. I guess he forgot that coconut tree is not something a man of his age should climb.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Let's just hope Keith Richards will be in the third movie. I thought he had an accident in Fiji and got his head injured. I guess he forgot that coconut tree is not something a man of his age should climb.
Oh yeah...I'd forgotten about that, lol. Poor Keith Richards. I suppose he's an egg short of a dozen. :)
 

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
3,303
Reaction score
29
Gender
Hidden
Country
Isle of Man
Well ... all that fuss with Kieth Richards is not even a rumor. It's more like a "publicity duck". The system is a bit old already, but works fine - they manage to "accidentally" say something too much and that keeps the attention if not even draw more attention.

Why am I making such a statement? Well ... I work in marketing agency for one ... and I noticed that all the interviews throughout the campaign of PotC:DMC involved that fact ... :p
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yes, well, then that's fine with me because I'd love to see Keith Richards in PotC:AWE. ^^ He's so awesome. Paired with Johnny Depp he'll be even awesomer.
 

glasskatana

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
81
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just bought V for Vendetta and watched it again, loved it again, and came onto the forums to post about it again. See that movie.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top