Archived - The Hang Out Thread v. 3 | Page 29 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Archived The Hang Out Thread v. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I agree with Epul. If one of my paper of test got an 89. I'd hold a feast for everyone. :D
May the force be with you then, worm34! :D

~Lilium~

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Epul said:
Is 89 your marks each subject? I am not sure about your country, but from where i came from getting 89 is very good already.
yeah, i agree with him .. what school do you go to for your parents to be expecting such good grades.

I get A's as well. but that's just because my schools so easy and my parents don't really get mad at an 89.

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States
LadyHatake said:
We already have enough crazy UchihaCest and Sasunaru lovers running around here >.> No need to attract more xD

we do?

*shudders* no! i refuse uchihacest! its unnatural! sasukes brother just looks way too damn kreepy! the hyuuga clan would be fine! same with kiba's family! assuming that kankuro doesnt bust out the manakins with tenticles, or gaara's tail, i could definatly go with the sand siblings, as well! but not itachi! i refuse to accept him in any romantic fanfic! unless it was rape, cus thats actaully kinda beleivible... but no shojo fanfics for him! [/rant]

dude, 89s are great. i used to just slip by with lik 66s. XD then id get that speach once a week about being smart than that, and not appling myself, and all that fun stuff.

worm34

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I'm in a special program the engineering magnet and she wants me to get a scholarship and it has to be higher than that : / which kinda sucks, she's always like you wanted to be in it, but I'll probably get out of it when I'm softmore.

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
That is tough. :s My parents don't pressurized me. They never had to make me study, don't put me into tuition or make me do so many assessments book like most Singaporean parents. They are pretty laid back on my studies and let me do wadeva I want. I think it's better that way but I don't take my freedom for granted. Studied well and got a scholarship. Hopefully I can get a scholarship for my uni studies too. :amuse

~Lilium~

Reaction score
Country
Azurel are you from Singapore? That's cool :gigglebunny

My parents don't really force me to study either, they just get mad if i get low grades and stuff well its usually my stepdad that pushes the topic. then i get into trouble.... :mad he does that alot.

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
yay70 said:
Azurel are you from Singapore? That's cool :gigglebunny

My parents don't really force me to study either, they just get mad if i get low grades and stuff well its usually my stepdad that pushes the topic. then i get into trouble.... :mad he does that alot.
yeah, I'm from Singapore. :)
Well, when parents nag, its usually becoz they care or so I've been told :XD

~Lilium~

Reaction score
Country
well it's different with him. he's not my parent and i think he does it just to get me into trouble. One time he made such a big deal about me getting a 75 on a homework grade that consisted 10 questions so i techically only got three/ two wrong. After that i got grounded for the night. :mad

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States
my stepdad was the same way... always pushing me to do my best... i used to think he must hate me beacuase of the way i was treated, but now, looking back, i can see that he was just trying to drill the respect and disapline that nowadays i really need into, the way his father did into him. but if i keep going on that thread im gunna get depressed, and when i do depresseed, no one posts again until i remove my posts (im a thread killer XD) so.... um... ya.... how 'bout them yankees? wait! what did i just say? ahh! death to the yankees! red sox forever! >_> and i dont even like baseball.

oh... i have to go feed the terrorists (cats) and go to bed. but its 8 in the morning in europe... and a lot of yoiu seem to be from the south pacific as welll... by now its prolly noon.... well good morning, good afternoon, and good night.

juUnior

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Azurel said:
yeah, I'm from Singapore. :)
wow Azurel, you know, I thought that Your from USA xD ;p

yay70 so you have basically situation, when you "must" have at least above 80 to be acceptable by any means in family? If I would comment this, it would be: your "parents" are trying to make you a doctor <joke> :D

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti
Hey Juunior, your avatar reminds of SHrek 2. Did you see it before.If yes, are you going to watch the 3rd one?

iThePirate

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Man, I'm tired, sushi-makin' is hard on the body after 12hours. Apprenticeship sucks.

So whats up?

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti
what's up Corrupt? Why don't you give a visit to the Harry Potter thread

iThePirate

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
oh? maybe I'll do that...

~Lilium~

Reaction score
Country
juUnior said:
yay70 so you have basically situation, when you "must" have at least above 80 to be acceptable by any means in family? If I would comment this, it would be: your "parents" are trying to make you a doctor <joke> :D
probably :p
rabb said:
oh... i have to go feed the terrorists (cats) and go to bed. but its 8 in the morning in europe... and a lot of yoiu seem to be from the south pacific as welll... by now its prolly noon.... well good morning, good afternoon, and good night.
actually i'm from the new england area in the US. Brrr it's cold here right now... :darn

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States
yay70 said:
actually i'm from the new england area in the US. Brrr it's cold here right now... :darn
lmao! ahh, so ur from that new england state, huh? XD i was born in western mass, and i live in ny now. and its amazes me how many people in the west thought new england was a state.

yesterday thrusday (it was yesterday 2 hours ago) i started a hunt for a new job, and earlier today i had my first interveiw XD gotta love it.
but *holds up a map* i live on the western side of this foothill/small mountin called "bignose". the town were the interview was is on the east side. my grand parents live on the northside which is surrounded by more hills and open plains/farmland. the south is the river. so to go there, we took the highway next to the river below bignose, with no problem. on the way back, however, we had to stop at my grandparents x.x i really wish we didnt. i was driving (which i rarly do in winter) and once we got out of town the roads were horrible. the open farmland gave nothing to stop the wind except snow banks, so acroos the road was just all this snow blowing off of the top of the banks. it was whiteout conditions x.x i could barly control the car, as well. at one point i almost ran into a bunch of amish kids when the road was about one car width wide. then when we left (several hours later, as my grandfather can keep going on his stories forever) the roads on the state route back into town were just as bad, and we got stuck behind two plows going between 2 and 3 mph (~3-5 kph) x.x now this is a road no one ever uses, but it took us almost a half hour to go a half mile. fortinatly we were more familar with the back roads, and turn off into one of the roads with tree cover, and thus no snow blowing across the road. my mom tried counting how many cars behind us were still following the plows. she was at 11 and still going when we couldnt see the corner anymore. @.@ the moral of the story: i hate winter.

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
yay70 said:
well it's different with him. he's not my parent and i think he does it just to get me into trouble.
well, maybe he wants to try to be a parent :XD does he have any other children?
juUnior said:
wow Azurel, you know, I thought that Your from USA xD ;p
:blink wad did i say to make you think that..
Corrupt said:
Man, I'm tired, sushi-makin' is hard on the body after 12hours. Apprenticeship sucks.
Makin sushi seems fun.. well it's fun to eat them aniwaz :p

@rabb you always have such long stories to tell.. and I don't know why I always read them :XD

juUnior

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Poland
kadodo said:
Hey Juunior, your avatar reminds of SHrek 2. Did you see it before.If yes, are you going to watch the 3rd one?
Probably yes ^^ I didn;t even think about it, but thos two were good, so I will go :D

Azurel said:
:blink wad did i say to make you think that..
You know, nothing :p It's just me :x

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
there's a part 3 of shrek? when would that air?

juUnior

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Poland
baboysai I don;t know when it will be aired or anything, but I only know, that studio Dreamworks if I reacall properly is doing right now Shrek 3 ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.