Archived The Hang Out Thread v. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
yay70 said:
i'm quoting myself... haha. i just realized now when i saw it that i used "the person above me...." :sweat
That's called the Fun Forum Syndrome. Go to Dr. Nami for help. :D

yay70 said:
that's why i want a job too. to buy stuff that i want and so on... my parents won't buy me any... :crying
Isn't there any part time job that you could do? I've been giving English lesson to elementary school students since high school.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
I just want to say getting a job is one thing, keeping a job and keeping at it every month is a totally different story. I've seen some of my friends who got a job, work for two three months, got tired of the job and then they quit.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Epul said:
I just want to say getting a job is one thing, keeping a job and keeping at it every month is a totally different story. I've seen some of my friends who got a job, work for two three months, got tired of the job and then they quit.
Well, that would look bad on the resume. Sometimes work can be boring, well, most of the time. But if you could a good job, try not to mess it up, especially if the pay is good. :D
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
kadodo said:
At leat you have work. I applied for two jobs so far and none of these people have called me back. I need some money to buy naruto games (Naruto Accel) and a new laptop.
Haha good decision it will be a awesome game :D Good luck finding a job =)
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Are you guys talking about jobs? 'Cause I should be looking for one. I just graduated from college/uni last month, and my mom has expressed her plan to retire this year (she's a widow) so I'm getting the pressure of finding one. However, I told her that I wish to go on a vacation before I embark on a full-time job because I know I won't be able to have enough free time to relax thoroughly for a year or two once I get hired.
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ayah said:
Are you guys talking about jobs? 'Cause I should be looking for one. I just graduated from college/uni last month, and my mom has expressed her plan to retire this year (she's a widow) so I'm getting the pressure of finding one. However, I told her that I wish to go on a vacation before I embark on a full-time job because I know I won't be able to have enough free time to relax thoroughly for a year or two once I get hired.
So where do you want to go on vaction? But yeah a job will limit your time a lot <.<
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Ayah said:
Are you guys talking about jobs? 'Cause I should be looking for one. I just graduated from college/uni last month, and my mom has expressed her plan to retire this year (she's a widow) so I'm getting the pressure of finding one. However, I told her that I wish to go on a vacation before I embark on a full-time job because I know I won't be able to have enough free time to relax thoroughly for a year or two once I get hired.
Good luck on finding a job, Ayah! I hope you wont be having any trouble finding a job. :D
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
des said:
So where do you want to go on vaction? But yeah a job will limit your time a lot <.<
I hope to go before June.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic said:
Good luck on finding a job, Ayah! I hope you wont be having any trouble finding a job. :D
Thanks ichi :hug I actually started looking last month, going to a job fair and submitting my resume to several companies. Got dizzy at the number I've submitted; I can't keep track of which companies I applied for. Only one called back so far, but I wasn't too interested in working for that company so I turned down the offer. My sister tells me to try searching online, which is how she landed hers but I plan to do that at a later time.
 

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
3,053
Reaction score
55
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Definatley good luck. I am sure you are going to land one. No one can keep our beautiful Ayah off of a great job :p

i just hope you get to love it!!!
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Ichimaru Gin n Tonic said:
That's called the Fun Forum Syndrome. Go to Dr. Nami for help. :D
Isn't there any part time job that you could do? I've been giving English lesson to elementary school students since high school.
I haven't graduated from highschool yet so.... I don't really have a wide range of options. And I can't work on summer cause i'm usually in the philippines and working there is just weird cause the only place i can work for is my dad.... :oh (i tried it for 3 days and got bored) :sweat
Ayah said:
Are you guys talking about jobs? 'Cause I should be looking for one. I just graduated from college/uni last month, and my mom has expressed her plan to retire this year (she's a widow) so I'm getting the pressure of finding one. However, I told her that I wish to go on a vacation before I embark on a full-time job because I know I won't be able to have enough free time to relax thoroughly for a year or two once I get hired.
I think its a good idea to have a vacation before you work full-time. You won't know when your next vacation will be once your busy... Good luck by the way.
 

cogknack

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 5, 2007
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Tamiflu side effect concerns grow after Japan deaths

George Nishiyama
Reuters
Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Concerns that the influenza drug Tamiflu -- seen as effective against a possible pandemic triggered by bird flu -- may induce fatal side effects are growing in Japan after two people who took it fell to their deaths last month.

The deaths, the latest cases of abnormal behavior by those who took Tamiflu, prompted the Health Ministry to issue a warning last week that influenza patients could show psychiatric problems, although it has denied the drug was responsible for them.

But the move was too little too late, said a group whose members say they are victims of Tamiflu side effects, which came to light in Japan in 2005 after 12 children died and 32 experienced abnormal behavior after taking the drug.

"Had they issued a warning earlier, then the number of deaths could have been halved," said Haruhiko Nokiba, whose 17-year-old son walked onto an expressway shortly after taking Tamiflu and was hit and killed by a truck in 2004.

The incident was seen as a suicide, but Nokiba, who heads the victims and families group, said his son had no reason to kill himself and circumstances showed that it was a result of abnormal behavior.

"He ran out into the snow barefoot in his pajamas, climbed over a 3-meter fence to cross train tracks and then ran into a truck," Nokiba told Reuters in an interview this week.

According to the Health Ministry, 54 people have died so far after taking Tamiflu, and in February, a 14-year-old girl and a boy fell to their deaths from their apartment homes in separate incidents after taking the drug. Neither had left a suicide note.

NO LINK PROVEN

Swiss drug maker Roche Holding AG, which produces Tamiflu, also known generically as oseltamivir, has denied a link between the medication and the deaths, adding that influenza itself could cause psychiatric problems.

"These events are extremely rare in relation to the number of patients treated," Roche spokeswoman Martina Rupp said last week.

"It's very important to state that none of these events were linked to Tamiflu."

Tamiflu has been used to treat 50 million people since it was approved in 1999, and in 2005, there were only 103 reports of neuropsychiatric problems, Rupp added.

Countries around the world are stockpiling the antiviral drug in case of a human influenza pandemic that experts fear could be sparked by the H5N1 bird flu virus.

Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., which sells the drug in Japan, added a reference to abnormal behavior as a possible side effect inside Tamiflu's package in 2004, but victims' groups want a stronger warning.

In November, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration decided to require Roche to put a caution on Tamiflu labels urging close monitoring for abnormal behavior, such as delirium, although it said it was unknown if the drug contributed to the psychiatric problems.

A survey of some 2,800 children conducted by a Health Ministry team last year found that there was no evidence of a relationship between Tamiflu and abnormal behavior.

Of those who took the drug, 11.9 percent showed such behavior, while 10.6 percent of patients who did not use the medication also exhibited abnormal behavior, the poll showed.

But Rokuro Hama, a medical doctor who heads a watchdog group on the side effects of drugs, said the ratio of those showing abnormal behavior is four times higher among those who took Tamiflu if limited to the period immediately after taking the drug.

The ministry is carrying out a more thorough survey aiming to poll 10,000 influenza patients and come up with the results later in the year, a ministry official said.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Ayah said:
My sister tells me to try searching online, which is how she landed hers but I plan to do that at a later time.
you should try jobstreet. That's where my boyfriend posted and landed with a caller for a job he really liked.
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
kadodo said:
cuz I don't like to be asking mommy and daddy for money when I'm 19 years old.
Same here ^^ I just save up some of my lunch money to buy my own stuff but it's nice to go shopping with parents too :p
yay70 said:
@azurel: at least you get money... :D
It's more of an internship rather than a job really. Even a guy who flips burger and get paid 6 bucks per hour earns twice more than me. My pay is just enough to cover for transportation and my lunch money. :noworry talk abt cheap labor :darn
Epul said:
I just want to say getting a job is one thing, keeping a job and keeping at it every month is a totally different story. I've seen some of my friends who got a job, work for two three months, got tired of the job and then they quit.
:o it's not easy to get jobs in the first place around here.. both my brothers took months to get their current job :XD
Ayah said:
Are you guys talking about jobs? 'Cause I should be looking for one.
Good luck job hunting :amuse
Lemonade said:
Concerns that the influenza drug Tamiflu -- seen as effective against a possible pandemic triggered by bird flu -- may induce fatal side effects are growing in Japan after two people who took it fell to their deaths last month.
Ah, with the impending bird flu pandemic, this will definitely generate chaos in the government, after all, they started stocking up on tamiflu and it turns out that it might have fatal side effects. talk abt backfiring. :s
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
kadodo said:
yeah thanks. I seriously need to find a job, cuz I don't like to be asking mommy and daddy for money when I'm 19 years old.
heyyyy... I'm turning 20 this month and I'm still hoping to get money from them the following year. >_< I'm a student!!! still a student!! I have an excuse, right? hehe
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
baboysai said:
heyyyy... I'm turning 20 this month and I'm still hoping to get money from them the following year. >_< I'm a student!!! still a student!! I have an excuse, right? hehe
That's an excuse :thumbs

Azurel said:
My pay is just enough to cover for transportation and my lunch money. :noworry talk abt cheap labor :darn :o it's not easy to get jobs in the first place around here.. both my brothers took months to get their current job :XD Ah, with the impending bird flu pandemic, this will definitely generate chaos in the government, after all, they started stocking up on tamiflu and it turns out that it might have fatal side effects. talk abt backfiring. :s
Welll.... ummm. It's for experience then...! :sweat
Tamiflu... I haven't really heard that being mention in our place. (probably just because i live in somewhere rural...) :oh
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
im back! you know what that means! enough of a post to make your eyes bleed! well, i guess i'll keep it (relativly) light, as im half asleep. oh, and make sure to read the last part. its funny :p

yay70 said:
rabb your at europe already? I didn't know that... that's cool! I thought you were still applying for the army... (is that the right term... :blink)
Ichimaru Gin n Tonic said:
I think rabb is not in europe yet. He must've met those girls in his town. Did you get their number, rabb? :D
nope, still in new york. basic is going to be in texas, in the middle of summer (god help me, allah be merciful, and all those other prayers of help to the assorted deities (for those who dont get this, texas is a virtual waste land of a desert, with temps over 100 during summer on a daily basis)) i met the girls online. and while i'd like to get some numbers, 2 of them i consider to young for me, 4 of them the law considers to young for me, and all 5 of them would make for a huge long distance phone bill.
around town? *lmao* nope, i only know one person in this town that wasn't born in america (her father was an airman stationed in germany, and she was born off base)
Azurel said:
Ichimaru Gin n Tonic said:
Az, you really wants rabb to shoot me? :scry
:kukuku
:kukuku :p :laser


Ichimaru Gin n Tonic said:
That's called the Fun Forum Syndrome. Go to Dr. Nami for help. :D
:s im not sure Nami has been in there long enough to help. this might require a great trip to doctors yFANTgirl or Ryka.... either way, its a hell of a trip to find them :p good luck with that.
</rant>
well i guess im not the only one looking for a new job. good luck to every one!

speaking of work, when i got in tonight, i was like 3 mins late, so instead of doing my usual thing of ninja-ing by unnoticed (seriously, no one EVER sees me) i waved to my manager, apologized for being late, then rushed back to the time clock. about half way back, she called me back up and asked me what i was doing there. i said "uhh... my shift started three minutes ago..." at which point informed me that my shift was covered. i gave her a funny look. usually it's five minutes before they call, and, given no response, fifteen before they replace you. i was only three minutes late. sensing my confusion, she explained "you called in tonight." while im sure my shock was visible, she had turned around and grabbed the shift sheet, to point out that my name was crossed out, and had been replaced by Nicole (who ironically didn't know grill, which is where i work). after assuring my manager several times that i had not called in, we eventually figured out that one of the other grill workers had called in, and been replaced, and his replacement, whose name is not all that dissimilar to mine, had also called in and been replaced, but in the bustle of replacing him, my name had been brought up, and the manager taking care of it had thought i had also called in. in the end i worked the shift all the way threw (albeit, i ended up punching on six minutes late) the girl that "replaced me" gave the front people an extra hand in drive threw for three hours, then went home, while i gave an extra hand in grill, for two hours, then did dishes for three hours.


sorry its a bit long, but for stuff like this, i go into "story-teller mode" :p and i guess i lied about this post being short :XD
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
rabb said:
sorry its a bit long, but for stuff like this, i go into "story-teller mode" :p and i guess i lied about this post being short :XD
You damn right it is long! But no problem here :p . I actually like your story.... I find it hilarious :rofl
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
@rabb once again u have grace the thread with ur presence. ph34r rabb!! :p


hi there emptysoul ^^ how are you doin?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top