Archived The Hang Out Thread v 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

avalon26

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2007
Messages
201
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

This semester I'm doing fine... a lot of work though... I'm getting 90 - 94, which i think is translated to A- or something like that, right?...
but the las year was hell, I had a teacher who always putted 40 out of 100, but not only to me... to many other persons too... I was lucky to not fail that subject (I really don't know how i did it...), but 3 classmates were not that lucky and they had to repeat the year...
What pisses me more about that teacher is that, the other group of the generation had another one for the same subject and none of them failed...
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

That's not fair at all. I had some teachers who hated me too, but I just kind of get over it.

I'm doing okay in my classes, I suppose.
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

hah! i was lucky if my grades hit 80. usually i was skimming by with mid 60s. the only class i got a high grade in was science. that was the only one i liked doing the work for. i always made up for not doing homework with test grades. nice little kick the butt to the people that kept calling me an idiot when i got high 90s on the Regents XD

@lil, yeah, i had ap classes too. hated them. it wasnt that they were hard, it was that they were tedius as all hell. read, study, read, study, all the time. i hated them.

and i had two teachers i hated... mr. jarabek kept accusing me cheating cus i scored high on tests >_> and my english... well all the smarter kids hated her. she was dumb as hell. and she gave grades for things like backrubs and good singing voices.
 

Velvet_Rain_Dropz

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
2,042
Reaction score
68
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

fanx for da support velvet.
and to show my gratitude heres some more :o stupid animations that ive made their under the first 2 spoilers .......pls enjoy:amuse

heres another 1 instead

Cool!! You're awesome radical! :amuse Your animation is so cool! :thumbs They looks great. :XD
:scry i know!!! :p i used to always finish my homework at school or before seven o'clock. but if you see the subjects i'm taking you'll see why... :amuse most of them are AP classes too. *i'm sure you know what AP is rabb...(super hard!!!)*
:XD I used to finished some of my hw at school too. :p

yeah sure! and radi will animate it! :XD i just don't know what to draw...
Yeah, i'm sure he'll animate it. :amuse I'll be waiting for your next picture lil. :XD
thanx evry one ......i guess the second ones rubbish :paperbag
Don't worry radical, they're good, it just the first one is better. :amuse
 

macherie

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
415
Reaction score
16
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

@radical: Lmao your animation skills are unmatched, haha awesome work XD
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

hmm, grades.... I always did well in high school, except in chemistry. That was the only class that ever really gave me trouble. And it was the only class I failed in college, which made me realize going pre-med probably wasn't a good idea for me :XD

anyway, I've been busy lately so I haven't been able to post here much, but now I'm baaaaaack!!!!! So you all better watch out :noworry :p
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

Just wanted to pass along the good word that my area did finally get some rain yesterday. Not much though, but it was a nice three-hour rainfall. Hopefully we'll get some more of that stuff.

And I know it's been a while since rabb brought up New Orleans, but I agree. It's pretty pointless as the area will just be flooded again eventually. I wouldn't live there right now - and the second time it's flooded (whenever that may be) I don't think people will try anymore. It's like a village nestled on the base of a live volcano.

I think the only reason they're trying right now is because it took so long for New Orleans to finally succumb to a hurricane's after-effects, and that was mostly due to a dam that wasn't properly reinforced. I think they're hoping that it'll be another 100 years at least until it happens again. They're all pretty big gamblers down there, I guess.
 
Last edited:

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

Hell yeah! From Nov. 1 Im the souschef!! :turtle

thats one helluva promotion!

:confetti
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

What is a souschef?

Congrats though for the promotion :thumbs
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

wow, Pirate, that's awesome!!! congrats!!! :beer

GK, the sous chef is the second in command, next to the head chef. 'sous' means 'under' in french :amuse
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

What is a souschef?

Congrats though for the promotion :thumbs
thank you :D
wow, Pirate, that's awesome!!! congrats!!! :beer

GK, the sous chef is the second in command, next to the head chef. 'sous' means 'under' in french :amuse
thank you,
hell yeah in ONE year ive gone from apprentice to souschef, now that what i call advancement :D
now its time to celebrate with whats left in my bottle o'rum :XD
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

Ahh, thanks PY, and awesome, Pirate. :)
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

O0 Congragulaitons chef. Pirate what is your favorite dish to cook?
@paperYomiko is chemistry hard? I have the honors class next semester so id like to know
 

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

Gratz chief Pirate! :amuse

Man, one year of hard work probably.

@gdupninja: Well I took Ap Chem and well if you like the subject it will be a breeze, your gonna have to learn alot of forumlas, but some of the labs are fun. For my final I had to cultivate a colony of bacteria,then with the help of some anti-biotic, cant remember the name,but I broke down the cell wall of th bacteria to inject some DNA that would make them glow in the dark. It was pretty cool I still have my dish and its really full of bacteria, I put some in the corner of my garden, so at night when I look out the window I see my garden glowing...its so cool.
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

gdup ~ I think it depends a lot on whether or not you pay attention in class, which I definitely did not :XD

And it was always tough for me because I'm a very visual learner, so life sciences like biology were always easier for me, but I could never really grasp the concepts in chemistry because I couldn't visualize them. Which is strange, because I did well in math, even in calculus.

Anyway, good luck with your class!! Just don't do what I did...playing tetris on your graphing calculator in class everyday doesn't prepare you well for the AP exam... :p
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

Thanks one more question. Does it have alot of math and if so what level?
I hate math
 

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

Well the math would be in the Algebra 2 level for the hardest work, I dont know if you have Algebra 2,but its the course in between Algebra and Pre-Calc...

The work isnt hard its just long...some conversions took almost hours...It was tough,but you feel great when you finally get the right answer.
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

If you're just taking general chemistry, it's pretty basic algebra. Actually, part of the trouble for me was, from what I remember, that my professors always seemed to have a weird way of doing the algebra, which bothered me. But you should be fine, it's more about understanding the concepts than dealing with the numbers.

My greatest regret in taking two and a half years worth of chemistry is that never, in all the labs I had to do, did anything exciting (i.e. explosive) happen. Maybe I just watch too many movies, but I'm pretty sure something like that is always supposed to happen, to make up for how ridiculously boring the rest of chemistry class is :p
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

Thanks to the both of yall. right now I have algebra 2 but its the class i have a D in. Our teacher isnt the best. The students always argue with him and hes been known to call us fools and say we suck as students. He already knows ill get loud with him if he tries me with something stupid like stop disrupting my class but meanwhile everyone else is talking.

I actually signed up for Physics on my course selection sheet but i looked online and i have chemistry instead. Well no matter what im gonna kick ass in class and tell yall about it.)O0
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Hang Out Thread v. 7

giddy up ninja... i just spent like 5 mins staring at ur ava... its hypnotic.... *shakes it off*

yomiko, you just had a sucky professor then. in the one year that i had chem, we had two contained explosions, and one uncontained. that was due to an idiot playing with magnessiam... sulfate, was it...? well, something with magnessium in it. anyways the kid burned off a good portion of the hair on the left side of his head, and had burns on his right hand and arm (which were also largly hairless)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top