Archived The Hang Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
LoL, I just wikipedia'ed squat toilets. Whoa. Never had to do that, thankfully.

But to answer Brede's question, yes. I did a lot of squats - IN football workouts ;)
 

Brede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
620
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
@ ryka & GK: welcome to the world of squatting toilets :kukuku sorry, i should have explained what they were. forgot that its not commonly found in the west. its still fairly common in asia. ryka, if you think squatting toilets are hard, in some parts of rural China, the toilet is essentially 1 long drain with a low wall partition. No cubicles, no doors. The flushing is done...periodically... GK, your squatting exercises will come in handy when you visit this part of the world :grin

Macan said:
Wtf? I can't believe it. Maybe they will take off their high heels first and then squat on the sitting toilet. :grin2
no...don't think so. there are shoe prints on the toilet rim! the whole point of squatting on the sitting toilet is to 'avoid' having to sit on the 'dirty' toilet rim...i think...go figure...
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Gold Knight said:
LoL, I just wikipedia'ed squat toilets. Whoa. Never had to do that, thankfully.

But to answer Brede's question, yes. I did a lot of squats - IN football workouts ;)
Well, maybe you can try squatting toilets, it'll do wonders on your football skills. :D
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
rykarreolacr said:
I finally understood what a squat toilet is!!!
I had to google it!
WTF??!! You asians are insane!!!!
Taking a dump is about relaxing!!! How can you poop like that? Seems so hard to me!!! :grin

* If one is not balanced properly, or the floor of the toilet is moist, one can easily slip and fall;
* The toilet and the floor around it can be soiled by diarrhea or simply bad aim;
* Problematic for people with osteoarthritis of the knee;
* Splatter on legs and feet;
* Inconvenient when wearing pants that don't slip off over shoes;
* One could get leg cramps;
* If toilet paper is used where there is no flushing system installed, it is easy for the inexperienced user to clog the
toilet. Those unfamiliar with the squat toilet should be sure to ask the location of the flushing bucket before
attempting use. These buckets flush the toilets manually like a tank would.
You said it Ryk! One time there was this big emergency with me and my friend to do our "Mother Nature" stuff. This squat toilet was our only option. Realizing that pooping in that position is very awkward, there are two sidebars for you to rest your arms upon when you umm.. poop. Well, very uncomfortable, since you're breaking a lot of sweat trying to do it! Hmm... new exercise regimen.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Incidentally, in the West, if we have to go at, say, a gas station bathroom, some of us might cover the rim with toilet paper before sitting on it. So I guess that's our way of avoiding direct contact with it.
 

Tanuki-dono

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
566
Reaction score
23
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hehe. I'm a girl, so if you find it a bit odd for me to be participating in this conversation, so be it. :D When we were little and my parents were building our house, my dad set concrete blocks in the woods for us to go in. >.>
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Brede's a girl too! I think =O

Concrete blocks, hehe. Hopefully you had real toilet paper and didn't have to use leaves, at least...
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Gold Knight said:
Brede's a girl too! I think =O

Concrete blocks, hehe. Hopefully you had real toilet paper and didn't have to use leaves, at least...
Leaves?? I hope they don't use the wrong leaves (poison Ivy, etc). By the way, the public toilets in H.K. are uber digusting. Not only are they dirty and stinky but there is no toilet paper so some people use "newspapers". Umm... I leave that imagination to you!
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Well, that puts Hong Kong off my list of places I want to visit =/
 

Brede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
620
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Gold Knight said:
Brede's a girl too! I think =O
yes i am GK...and I'm proud of it :whoo go Tanuki! :occa

real toilet paper and didn't have to use leaves
what's wrong with leaves? very environmentally friendly you know :grin
 

Macan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 19, 2006
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Brede said:
no...don't think so. there are shoe prints on the toilet rim! the whole point of squatting on the sitting toilet is to 'avoid' having to sit on the 'dirty' toilet rim...i think...go figure...
High heels+squatting on a sitting toilet= A new method for girls to tone & strengthen their hips, thighs & legs. Wouldn't it be easier to clean the rims with water? ;)

kunai jutsu said:
By the way, the public toilets in H.K. are uber digusting. Not only are they dirty and stinky but there is no toilet paper so some people use "newspapers". Umm... I leave that imagination to you!


Is it a free public toilet or a paid one? But then again it couldn't be helped coz HK is a very crowded place and I think there's not enough public toilet there. :darn

Brede said:
what's wrong with leaves? very environmentally friendly you know :grin
Nothing wrong with that. It just that it's uncomfortable to use leaves and you'll never know when something lurks behind the leaves (worms, ants etc) :s. It's much more practical to use toilet paper or newspaper. :)
 

Brede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
620
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
at this rate...we'll turn away a lot of would-be tourists to this part of the world :wtf
GK, there are sitting toilets here and not all of them are so disgusting...you can always run to a nearby hotel to use their loo... :grin
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'll keep that in mind... ;D

What part of Malaysia do you live in, btw? Closer to Singapore or..?
 

Brede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
620
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
i'm on the same 'island' as Eileen :knk
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Have you guys met?
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Macan said:
Is it a free public toilet or a paid one? But then again it couldn't be helped coz HK is a very crowded place and I think there's not enough public toilet there. :darn
Lol, it wouldn't be public if you had to pay with it. If I have a digital camera I'm going to take a picture of the most disgusting public toilet ever. No modern toilet bowls but an actual canal! So keep your eyes peeled for kunai's updates!

BTW, I meant to say public toilets in market areas are disgusting, don't worry GK there's still some decent toilets here (Fast food shops, hotels, etc)
 

karasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
455
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
lol i remember one time my dad went to china..
he heard this rumours that the toilets are super dirty and disgusting..
so he went to the toilet..a restaurant one..
to his surprise..it was european style sitting toilet..
(with a sign.. no squatting on the toilet.. of course)
and it was clean..like untouched.. so he happily poo there..
when he finished with his business.. he just noticed that the water bucket (the place for water to wash off the butt)was full of crap...
so his deduction was that they couldn't squat on the toilet..so they pooed the bucket..
:D
 

CheckMate

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
488
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
kunai jutsu said:
Leaves?? I hope they don't use the wrong leaves (poison Ivy, etc). By the way, the public toilets in H.K. are uber digusting. Not only are they dirty and stinky but there is no toilet paper so some people use "newspapers". Umm... I leave that imagination to you!



well, well you should have seen Indonesia's public toilets.

it's not even a toilet I would say.

it's a... prison :D
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
you_know_who said:
well, well you should have seen Indonesia's public toilets.

it's not even a toilet I would say.

it's a... prison :D
Then you should see the toilet inside the prison cell, it's worse. :smile-big
 

CheckMate

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
488
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Then you should see the toilet inside the prison cell, it's worse. :smile-big
nah.. that's hell :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top