Archived The Hang Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
yeah it doesnt sound like a great deal of fun... thats your job I'm guessing?
 

Tanuki-dono

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
566
Reaction score
23
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Monopoly? That takes so looo~ong. And my sister always gets Boardwalk!  Rawr.  I kick butt at Tic-Tac-Toe, though. :P
 

hatakescarecrow

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2006
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Tanuki-dono said:
Monopoly? That takes so looo~ong. And my sister always gets Boardwalk!  Rawr.  I kick butt at Tic-Tac-Toe, though. :P
Tic-tac-toe is so overrated. How about some poker?
 

abdulahi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
boffenjl said:
yeah it doesnt sound like a great deal of fun... thats your job I'm guessing?
na, im in full time education, quite boring really.

on the topic of games, apart from chess and blackjack(card game) i cant say im good at any other games. but monopoly is far to long of a game. and the end results from poker usually aren’t pleasant.
 

Crimson

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
122
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
dula said:
and the end results from poker usually aren’t pleasant.

Thats why I perfer the "Strip" version, :jk . Of course, im all for equality, so everyone playing has to strip, :grin2
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
The game I kick butt at the most is Checkers. But most people prefer playing Chess. I'm getting better at it, but it's not something I go out of my way to play a lot.
 

rodnylee

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
they're making a hobbit movie?!?! thats gonna be some crazzzy production values!

EDIT: quick question, do you get an auto ki for becoming a jr mem?
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hobbits?

If they are making a Hobbit movie that would be awesome. o_o

Also about the Ki question I am not really sure.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
No.

LoL.

Speaking of movies, I'm more excited about the Ghost Rider movie. Looks like it'll have some wicked SFX. Check out the official site sometimes - http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/ghostrider/

Click on the motorcycle and watch Nick Cage's head half on fire XD

If there's a Hobbit movie in the making, be interested in that for sure, too.
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Looks like a awesome movie.

Though I have to admit that I am not familiar with the Ghost Rider comic series. ^_^;

But I would still go to see it. :amuse
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
There's been a bunch of different incarnations of Ghost Rider - the first version was about a stunt motorcycle rider named Johnny Blaze whose father (also a stuntman) crashed at a show and nearly died, and the son sold his soul to the Devil so that his father would live thru the accident. The father died anyway later as a result of cancer ( not part of the bargain ) and the son becomes the Devil's tool at night as a demon called Zarathos ( the Ghost Rider ). I forget exactly why, but the Devil wasn't totally able to get the son's whole soul, and Johnny could control the Ghost Rider's actions to some degree. Most of the time, though, it's very dangerous to be near that particular Ghost Rider. Eventually, Johnny Blaze was able to free himself from the Ghost Rider, though.

The second version of the Ghost Rider was often mistaken for the first Ghost Rider, but isn't the same guy. David Ketch and his sister went to a graveyard and got caught up in a mob war of a sort and they fled, and the sister was shot by an assassin. David found an old motorcycle with a strange, glowing symbol in a junkyard and was compelled to touch it, and became the Ghost Rider. This time the Ghost Rider was an avenging angel, often called himself the "Spirit of Vengeance" and he had a cool power to make any of his victims feel the pain they've caused to others with what he called the "Penance Stare." His background was totally different from Zarathos, but because of their similar appearance Zarathos' old enemies thought it was him a lot of times. Even Johnny Blaze himself came to fight the Ghost Rider.

There's been other versions, but personally the second version is my favorite Ghost Rider. But I think they're going to do the first version of the Ghost Rider, except with the look of the second Ghost Rider.

Either way it looks like it's gonna be cool. =)
 

abdulahi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
thanx for the info GK.
but im with tamerlane on not being familiar with the series but its looks like a cool film, im now looking forward to it now.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
yeah ghost rider will probably be a cool movie. although http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/tls/trailer/
i personally think is gonna be better

Regarding the hobbit movie. sorry guys. the filmrights are locked. one half the book distributers
got and the other has been bought by a little german company with no intention of either making a movie nor selling the rights.granted this info is about 6 months old. taken from an interview with peter jackson.

(edit: how tired was i when i wrote this??? 6 months not years)
 

Isuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 3, 2006
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Gold Knight said:
The game I kick butt at the most is Checkers. But most people prefer playing Chess. I'm getting better at it, but it's not something I go out of my way to play a lot.
I always preferred checkers myself. ^^
 

Tanuki-dono

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
566
Reaction score
23
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
kabutoloyalist said:
Tic-tac-toe  is so overrated. How about some poker?
Poker? :wtf I'm terrible at that game. The only games I ever really win are tic-tac-toe, checkers, and bingo. -_-; I'm pathetic.
 

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Hmm...I cannot play one of these properly I think. I don't even know checkers and tic-tac-toe...:p
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Sweet, thanks dude!

*off looking*
 

rodnylee

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
omg! where's the ki!?! my rep of 2 ki! its lost forever... seriously, can some1 tell me if the ki system is gonna be put down forever or if some1's been abusing it?

EDIT: k question answered thanks GK
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top