Archived The Hang Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bebong

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
430
Reaction score
2
well, I know it's slightly different like awak is saya (if not mistaken)
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
eileenting88 said:
Oh I see. I am wondering myself last time around. What good it is to learn A to Z in sign language.
There are a lot of long, hard words that we don't have a sign for - so that we have to spell these words.

ASL signers do tend to try to avoid using these words as much as possible, because they want their sentences to come out as quickly and as graceful as possible.

That's why I prefer ESL over ASL. I LIKE using long, hard words (well, not that I'm wordy, but I like to have a big vocabulary.)

The sign for "car" in ASL is more general. The sign for "car" in ESL would be used with the alphabet sign for "C" to make it different from "van" ("V"), "truck" ("T"), and jeep ("J") - so the alphabet can be an integral part of signing words, too.

What if we want to mention a sentence? It will be so troublesome to make every sign for each alphabet. But now I know already. Actually, there are signs for words too. :p
Right ^_^
 

bebong

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
430
Reaction score
2
Graceful.......LOL, why do they have to speak *Gracefully*??
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I think ASL is all about storytelling.  Quick, graceful signs allow you to describe a story more quickly and keep the audience listening for a longer time than ESL. So you can sing more easily in ASL, but in ESL you'd have more trouble.

There are advantages to ASL in that deaf people can get their points across to each other very fast, but I want to go beyond the deaf culture and deal with the hearing world too.  I think all deaf people are going to have to deal with hearing society at some point, so most SHOULD be taught ESL to begin with, so they can learn how to write and read, too.  ASL is just for talking to other deaf people.  It's really unfortunate that most deaf people in America only know ASL.
 

bebong

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
430
Reaction score
2
So you entertain more huh??? I don't really know Western culture coz I've only been to America thrice
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Something like that, yeah. ASL is based on French sentence structure too, so that really screws up deaf people's habits of writing in English. :s

Where are you from again? Sorry if you already told me and I forgot...
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Okay, cool ^_^
 

murai

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2005
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Yeah, where is it? Usually there are Edited Mangas out by now.
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Ya.... well sometimes it's late~
 

nah-nah

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
^^ hi everyone. :woo

i just got the photobook for *pnish* and now i'm happy because i love tsuchiya yuuichi. <33333
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
haha don't have too much fun :p
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yo Nana-chan :glomp
 

bebong

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
430
Reaction score
2
what is *pnish* nah-nah?? Well, is the RAW late coz Dyro just went home from camping ???
 

Akasun

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
SNOW DAY!!!! YYAAAAAAAAAAAAY! *cough*
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
So nice!!!!!!!!!!! I want snow !!!!!!!!!!!!
 

deerjing

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
194
Reaction score
0
Does the snow taste good?
 

nah-nah

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
*pnish* is a group of four guys who can sing, dance, act, and do other things. They're really cool and they've been friends for a long time.

I love love love Tsuchiya Yuuchi <33 he's so cool. He's their best dancer~~

njt are they really really popular there, or not very well known? I know they mostly do stage acting, if i'm not correct.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top