Tanuki-dono said:
Agreed. Most of the time, kids really aren't mature enough for the consequences, even if they enjoy the pleasure. Hormones can be hard to control. Plus, young girls are at a much higher risk for having complications during birth - more birth defects and such. (It's the same for ladies having babies really late.) And bigger still is the huge risk of STDs. Back in high school, I "accidentally" (really - it was an accident!) stumbled upon the records of known HIV/AIDS cases in my class. :O It was more than I expected. No telling how many Gonorrhea, Herpes etc cases there are. (No offense to those who have such dieases, but it's still something to think about.)
Yeah... it can cause so many problems, but it's not only physically but ALSO with your family, everybody you know... essentially, your name immediately gets a lot of dirt on it.
Back in my high school, which was a VERY well-respected school... I don't think anybody in my town realizes just how many kids there actually do "it." I was kinda privy to a lot of secrets because people felt, I guess, more comfortable to telling them to a deaf guy (even though technically I could STILL tell others! But whatever, I kept my mouth/hands shut all the same.)
Anyway, there was this girl whose parents actually broke up due to feeling guilty about not "raising" her right. There was a boy whose dad disowned him. There was a boy on my football team who actually had a baby daughter since he was around 11 or 12 (the mother's family wasn't able to take care of her.) A girl I had a crush on at one point actually had a sex-transmitted problem for a while, it was very hush-hush - I think she only told me about it. And one of the quarterbacks on my team was trying to hide that he got a girl impregnanted before he finally committed to her his senior year (His family was good about it, though). Still, sometimes it can get downright ugly. =/
It's just not worth it.
But at the same time, it's not the end of the world either. Sometimes I do think God has a reason for everything, and I don't think he ever throws more at us than what we can handle. We'll make mistakes, but there's always a way to make amends and have a good life anyway, if you know what to do.
But why risk it when you don't have to? The first 30 years of our life, we're young, we might as well enjoy it before we commit and have a family. Sex's apparently even better when we're older anyway. ^^