Archived The Hang Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Wow u guys are so lucky to get that kind of sale after a team went out.

@ryka: I dont hate the Italian team. As a matter of facts, I'm supporting the Azzuri all the way. I hope Nesta can play in the semi and Lippi put Super Pippo in the starting lineup. Too bad Gattuso wont be playing, but Pirlo's still playing so it's still ok. Anyone see a pattern here?
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Why you say Gattuso won't be playing? o_O
 

karasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
455
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Wow u guys are so lucky to get that kind of sale after a team went out.
haha.. no, it's not a sale after a team went out..
the ones on sale were germany, france, italy.. they're still out there playing..
maybe it's to encourage supporters to buy them before the tournament ends..
coz i think the soccer fever in aussie would die straight away after the finals..
well.. nobody really cares about world cup down here..
they have the state of origin going on..
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
rykarreolacr said:
Why you say Gattuso won't be playing? o_O
Didn't he got a yellowcard against Ukraine, that would make it two yellow card, right? I hope I'm wrong...
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Didn't he got a yellowcard against Ukraine, that would make it two yellow card, right? I hope I'm wrong...
Nope, Italy didn't get any yellow cards (luckily).
Still, it seems that Nesta won't be playing, and Camoranesi is recovering.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
That's too bad, ryka. He's an awesome defender, him and Canna makes a great wall protecting the goalkeeper, if he need it, Buffon was awesome against Ukraine.
Is it ok if I talk about the World Cup here?

Anyway, after talking about breakfast and football jersey sale, what will be the next topic? How about "what do you read first on the newspaper?"
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Lately (for obvious reasons) I read the sport section first.
Usually, I read it in order.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I used to read only the sports section. But now, i browse the other sections then saving the best for last, the sports section.
 

Brede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
620
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
The COMICS of course :smile-big
 

Daioten

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 12, 2006
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The COMICS of course smile-big
Lol.. me too. Of course, I don't really read the newspaper very often, but when I do, that's where I tend to go first.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I usually read the Front News, a few of my favorite editorials, and then move on to the Sports section. Typically I want to know what people are talking about in the world, because it's a good bet I won't overhear that stuff in conversations, especially since I can't hear. XD

Afterwards, usually I look for any good photographs in the rest of the paper, due to my job.

I stopped reading the Cartoons section a while ago - it just doesn't have the same charm for me these days like it used to ( *me wants more Calvin and Hobbes! T_T* )
 

Macan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 19, 2006
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
I usually read the sports section first, then comics, advertisement, local news, world news and front page news. :)

To GK and other Americans in MH, happy Independence Day. :)
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
I go for the comics than the Movie Reviews. But I'm more interested in "News Bites".
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Thanks Macan :)
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Although it is kind of late....thanks Macan. That was really nice of you.

^___^

You know to be honest I really dont read the paper anymore....I just get all my news offline and I check CNN almost daily. =/
 

Daioten

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 12, 2006
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's kind of sad, but my top sources of news at the moment are the daily show and the colbert report. :p They're just so much more entertaining than the normal news...
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
True. News could use a little more, uhm, pizzazz to it. I also get frustrated whenever they say they're about to discuss a topic, then wait like 10-20 minutes later to actually get around to it. Most of the time they try to be a little too professional that they appear wooden. I'd rather just read the newspaper.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Gold Knight said:
True. News could use a little more, uhm, pizzazz to it. I also get frustrated whenever they say they're about to discuss a topic, then wait like 10-20 minutes later to actually get around to it. Most of the time they try to be a little too professional that they appear wooden. I'd rather just read the newspaper.
So you understand my feeling when they say the world cup's final will be one week from the current time and I have to wait one week just to watch 90 minutes? :'( Sometimes I think it's not worth it. Time is precious, after all.
 

Brede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
620
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
ibra87 said:
I have to wait one week just to watch 90 minutes? :'( Sometimes I think it's not worth it. Time is precious, after all.
lol...now you have to wait another 4 years until next world cup final :smile-big
 

Rampages

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
1,032
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
ibra87 said:
So you understand my feeling when they say the world cup's final will be one week from the current time and I have to wait one week just to watch 90 minutes? :'( Sometimes I think it's not worth it. Time is precious, after all.
Welcome to my world, bro.

I wait a week for 15 minutes of Naruto reading :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top