Archived The Hang Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
I'm another 5'2 guy!
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
lee-nus said:
well... its easier to get guys being a short girl than being a really tall girl... im saying that because... i dont know... :p
So right...and I know a lot girls at your length ladyhatake&brede

And well 6.1 here :pwned :knk

Ah and dont feel bad FHT Fansubber because I am 21 and dont know how do drive xDDD
 

karasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
455
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
me too..i'm 21 and don't know how to drive...

at least i have a driver's license though :D
bought it "literally" :p
they told us to get to the police station, attend the test, etc just for formality..
they didn't mark our tests... i didn't even get to ride the test cars..
the driving test was funny... a girl would drive, and the other girls.. about 10 of them would be the passengers...
then.. one round the lap, and everyone get off... they all pass the test..and then the next batch would get in..
but they told the rest to slowly go to the photo sessions... so some of us didn't get to ride the car..

i've been learning..but for now..i don't even have a car..
i'm just a poor uni student stranded in another continent... :(

lot's of thing happening in this recent weeks :p
my cousin had a baby,
my lil bro came to aussie to study..
i'm going to move out by the end of this week.. nearer to the city, oh yeah :D
no internet there :( gotta set it up ASAP..

my mom brought me lots of manga.. but i don't understand why she brought me a lot of old mangas..
like peacemaker kurogane 1-5, homunculus 1-2, Fight no akatsuki 1-7 (end)

but a few updates like Dorabase 9, Nodame Cantabile 11, Crayon Shinchan 41-42, Shounen Star (like shounen jump, but not so updated i guess... it has the early yakitate japan, wild life, Dr. koto, d-live, kurozakuro, etc..) from march to june.. Baby and I (akachan to boku) 12-15 and some weird korean manhwa which i haven't read yet (Admiral Yi Sun Shin by Seo Seok Geun, anyone ever heard of it?)

i'm thinking of starting a Edited Manga for fight no akatsuki (indonesian -> english) since it was stopped at volume 4 by some group...
but i wanted to let my bro to do it, since he's really struggling with english..
i guess this should be a good practice, what do you think?
all i have to do is proof read it and improve it :p
gotta buy a scanner when i get to the new place :D
 

ruby_06

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Hidden
Country
Egypt
well i am also 18 and i dont know how to drive and no one seems to have any desire to help me, not even my brother :crying
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
ruby_06 said:
well i am also 18 and i dont know how to drive and no one seems to have any desire to help me, not even my brother :crying
baaaaaaaaaaaaad brother ( at least if he should know how to drive)

And good luck karasu

btw peacemaker kurogane 1-5 is great =)
 

karasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
455
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
did it end at vol 5?
oh yeah it did...

i've watched the anime.. but it was confusing and there wasn't any plot at all..
maybe it will answer a lot of questions.. but i have to pack up for now.. :([br]Posted on: July 25, 2006, 10:34:12 AM_________________________________________________hm..it stopped at v2ch10 at lurk...
another possible project for my lil bro :D
force-fed him with english... lol..
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
karasu said:
i've watched the anime.. but it was confusing and there wasn't any plot at all..
maybe it will answer a lot of questions.. but i have to pack up for now.. :(
Are we really talking about Peace Maker Korugane? I think its one of the best anime I've seen so far...the story is great, the animation quality and the music is awesome too o.O
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I still haven't seen Peace Maker Korugane :(
I have this super long list of all these animes/mangas I still haven't seen/read.

But right now I'm working on GetBackers and I just finished watching the only 4 episodes of Little Petshop of Horrors. It was great :)

Off to shower and fill out a job application (since I'm sorely lacking in the money area)
<3333
 

5il3nc3r

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
I got a job last week for 3 months which might not pay much but is really fun. I'm a video game tester ^^
I'm paid minimal wage, but I get paid to play game =3

§ıĿ
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
5il3nc3r said:
I got a job last week for 3 months which might not pay much but is really fun. I'm a video game tester ^^
I'm paid minimal wage, but I get paid to play game =3

§ıĿ
Thats just awesome! What games?
 

5il3nc3r

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Well right now, we're only working for Electronic Arts.
I did some work on NHL '07 and NBA Live 2007, first on XBox 360, second on XBox.

Not sure which one I'll be on tomorrow.
But basically, most of the games we test out are sports games (well, through this current contract anyway)
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Oh well sport games arent that funny I would rather tend to rpgs and stuff like that.
 

5il3nc3r

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
well, me too, but EA's console titles are mostly sports. There's also the next Need for Speed, but it's also considered sports.

I was hoping I'd get to playtest Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars; but it's only on PC and we don't do PC... ah well. It's still nice being payed to play games ^^

§ıĿ
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah Need for Speed would be nice...I mean its not that of a great game but as work, yeah!
 

5il3nc3r

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
also, I had to sign a confidentiality thing, so aside from the game's name and console it's on, I can't divulge anything else (at least not before it comes out)

§ıĿ
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
5il3nc3r said:
also, I had to sign a confidentiality thing, so aside from the game's name and console it's on, I can't divulge anything else (at least not before it comes out)

§ıĿ
Just tell me if you like it if you should get your hands on it.
 

5il3nc3r

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Well, not being a big fan of sports games, I can't really make a point of saying weither it follows the rules or whatever. But I must say however that I liked the graphics and most of the generic points of the game (speaking of NHL 07, as I don't remember much from NBA Live). I didn't like the controls much, although it just needs some getting used to I guess. Also, my opinion is only based on the Beta version I had at the time. Meaning some things will still be changed from what I played to the final version. Weither these changes are for the better or for worse, I can't say, but this is my preliminary opinion on the game.

§ıĿ
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
5il3nc3r said:
Well, not being a big fan of sports games, I can't really make a point of saying weither it follows the rules or whatever. But I must say however that I liked the graphics and most of the generic points of the game (speaking of NHL 07, as I don't remember much from NBA Live). I didn't like the controls much, although it just needs some getting used to I guess. Also, my opinion is only based on the Beta version I had at the time. Meaning some things will still be changed from what I played to the final version. Weither these changes are for the better or for worse, I can't say, but this is my preliminary opinion on the game.

§ıĿ
Ah yeah I dont want to drive you in talking about that ^^ but was it hard to get the job? Damn would like to have something like that too!
 

5il3nc3r

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Well, I think I was lucky in getting it cuz I saw the job application on the web and applied for it, but I think it just got put up when I applied :)

I found it on monster.ca but you should know you don't need to look specifically for the game companies. There are companies (like the one I'm in) that work on contract with the gaming companies, doing the video game testing.

§ıĿ
P.S.: I'll be shaving so I might not answer right away if you reply :)
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ah well chances for game testing are bad here in germany...well maybe crisis *wuhahhaa* but nevermind I am already pleased with the answers :) Happy shaving :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top