Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 3: Beware of SPOILERS!!!
I enjoyed the episode, I liked the Sylar-Nathan thing, and make no mistake Nathan is truly dead. Don't expect everything to be answered because well Heroes isn't finished, volume 5 is next. Shame the camera man forgot to take a good shot on nude Tracy. My suspicion is Sylar won't be the villain for next season, maybe his dad or even Tracy.
Hmm, I actually thought that the end of volume four would have made for a fulfilling series finale. Hopefully, the real finale will be just as evocative.
Are we sure it's Tracy? We don't know Barbara's powers yet and the writers were being clear when it came to confirming her death (behind the eclipse interviews).
Sylar's father would definitely make for an interesting foil in Sylar's possible self-realization, given their projection of Nathan onto Sylar. Had they not already overplayed the possibility of Peter becoming evil, I'd say he was the next villain. After all, a great deal of his moral development was a result of his interaction with his brother and we've seen what Sylar's powers can do to him. With regards to the former, since Sylar's replication of Nathan's characteristics will eventually fail to be completely faithful to Nathan's image, I would expect a greater alienation from Peter. Couple this with his acquisition of Sylar's powers, and his stance could reverse.
I agree with laughing in that the way they ended Nathan was a bit ridiculous. I had predicted his death, but was expecting something with a more destructive touch from Sylar. In previous seasons, immortal blood could heal such wounds, so the fact that Nathan's slashed neck resulted in the presumption that he couldn't be saved, unless his memories were transferred, didn't seem consistent with expectations established through the immortal blood (yes, it was a cheap plot device). Since Sylar received the power to atomize people, I was expecting him to use this on Nathan (there are ways to negate the regenerative power). Let's see them give a blood transfusion to a pile of basic chemical elements. Given the astral projection and collective unconscious they've established with Matt, he still would have been able to imbue Sylar with Nathan.
@laughing
They seem to like showing Sylar acquire certain powers without having him use them effectively until much later. I would expect Peter or Sylar to use the atomization power in the future, provided they discover the existence of this ability. If Peter discovers the web of deceit, he could permanently dispose of Sylar and his simulation of Nathan. It would have been awesome if Sylar had really become president. He could have fixed the economy with the alchemical powers he acquired from Bob.
p.s. They shouldn't have revealed Angela's vision about Matt as soon as they did. After she said that Matt would "save" Nathan with his powers, it became clear what they intended to do.