TV - THE HEROES THREAD: [SPOILERS] | Page 57 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV THE HEROES THREAD: [SPOILERS]

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I'm glad Ali Larter came back as Tracy and not a new clone/sister. Tattoo guy seems like he's going to be a very cool villain. What could be more evil than making a blue slushy fall on Hiro? :P Hiro being Hiro changed the past ><. I want to see more of the Ando and Hiro's business but that wouldn't be a good series. Saving cats FTW!!! Claire is having a tough time at college. First her room mate is killed and then she meets a lesbian I mean a new girlfriend I mean an acquaintance. Peter goes back to his roots and saves people even if there's bad traffic. Go Spiderman Go I really liked the part where the professor was reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies ^_^

Last edited:

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Man that girl creeped me out...well both of them actually. The one that killed herself and then the black haired chick who was dying to know if it was a murder or not. I am very intrigued now that it seems like we are having two Sylar awakenings. It would be very cool if Sylar awakened in new Nathan and then also in Parkman...it would remind me a lot of Gantz having two of the same people around :XD but nonetheless pretty epic at the same time. Well even if it doesn't go as far to that extent we will definitely see an inner struggle involving Sylar in two people at the same time and that alone is epic! :D As for that compass I guess it only activates in the presence of someone who has powers? I really don't know what to expect from that thing :s. Overall it was a nice start to the season and I am hoping it only gets better.

laughing@you

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

Man that girl creeped me out...well both of them actually. The one that killed herself and then the black haired chick who was dying to know if it was a murder or not. I am very intrigued now that it seems like we are having two Sylar awakenings. It would be very cool if Sylar awakened in new Nathan and then also in Parkman...it would remind me a lot of Gantz having two of the same people around :XD but nonetheless pretty epic at the same time. Well even if it doesn't go as far to that extent we will definitely see an inner struggle involving Sylar in two people at the same time and that alone is epic! :D As for that compass I guess it only activates in the presence of someone who has powers? I really don't know what to expect from that thing :s. Overall it was a nice start to the season and I am hoping it only gets better.
It would be cool indeed. Bad sylar in parkman good sylar in nathan.

I actually feel bad that peter can only hold on to one power. it kinda messes up their final confrontation.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

I don't think it's about bad sylar in parkman and good sylar in nathan. It's easy: parkman took out all memories out of Sylar. Everything in Nathan is memories, Sylar in Nathan?
- sylar's powers
- sylar's biological entity

-> sylar said it a lot in this episode: he wants to get his body back.

As for this episode: I liked it a lot. It's been a time heroes was intriguing. I hope they'll keep on walking on this way because it's very intruiging. Btw, is it just me but could that girl have pushed claire to make her believe it was a suicide

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I don't think it's about bad sylar in parkman and good sylar in nathan. It's easy: parkman took out all memories out of Sylar. Everything in Nathan is memories, Sylar in Nathan?
- sylar's powers
- sylar's biological entity

-> sylar said it a lot in this episode: he wants to get his body back.

As for this episode: I liked it a lot. It's been a time heroes was intriguing. I hope they'll keep on walking on this way because it's very intruiging. Btw, is it just me but could that girl have pushed claire to make her believe it was a suicide
I don't think its a good or bad sylar either except that there is a possibility that whatever is left of sylar in both new nathan and parkman could at some point both manifest themselves and take over resulting in having two equally evil sylars. Thats what I was getting at more. Frankly I'm not expecting sylar to ever be "good" again, lol.

laughing@you

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

I don't think its a good or bad sylar either except that there is a possibility that whatever is left of sylar in both new nathan and parkman could at some point both manifest themselves and take over resulting in having two equally evil sylars. Thats what I was getting at more. Frankly I'm not expecting sylar to ever be "good" again, lol.
Well it actually depends on what route the writers want to go. With the brainwashed magneto that wanted to do good, or the onslaught type of character created by (xavier) matt'spowerful mind.

Or if we remember what happened with matt's father in the 1st season we kinda get a glimpse of what went down. If he tried to mimick his fathers attack, matt basically put sylars personality in a room, and that room may have been in his mind, while implanting a new one on sylar's body.

kaliayev

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

The new, villainous faction is composed of mutant carnies? I think I'm done with this show.

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti

I think it's also depends on the way the writers want to this also. When you think about it, if the writers and producers want Nathan out of the show than Syalr will come back completely. If Nathan is still meant to be on the show, then they will find some way for us to have both Sylar and Nathan.

I don't know if any of you guys realized this, but what was that vision that Claire had in the class room about? Is she picking up on her grandmother?

laughing@you

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

I think it's also depends on the way the writers want to this also. When you think about it, if the writers and producers want Nathan out of the show than Syalr will come back completely. If Nathan is still meant to be on the show, then they will find some way for us to have both Sylar and Nathan.

I don't know if any of you guys realized this, but what was that vision that Claire had in the class room about? Is she picking up on her grandmother?
LOL that wasn't a vision, she just fell a sleep when her mind was challenged by math......LOL

We just found out clair bennets weakness.....math. lol. she can endure any physical pain known to man, except the mental one!!!

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

I wonder why Danko had a key to a compass that seems to react to powers O.o

I know he was involved with the hunt to the powerfull people but what he has to do with that key?

laughing@you

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

I wonder why Danko had a key to a compass that seems to react to powers O.o

I know he was involved with the hunt to the powerfull people but what he has to do with that key?
Well the compass must have sometype of purpose.

I'm guessing that whatever this guy is trying to accomplish or gain, needs all the compass on the hands of special people.

Maybe it will start pointing to the right direction when all the compasses are together. Until then it just goes around.

I found funny how peter who's a nurse managed to out duel Ray park. I mean the guy was darth maul.......but it really doesn't make sense. I mean when did peter learn to fight?....i thought the ability was to make him faster not a fighter. I don't know, but ray parks character should have been able to defeat peter, his had that ability forever.

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

He learned how to fight from the invisible guy back in season 1

laughing@you

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

He learned how to fight from the invisible guy back in season 1
:facepalm seriously?...

The only thing he learned was how to activate others powers, and understand his, while taking a beating.

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

:facepalm seriously?...

The only thing he learned was how to activate others powers, and understand his, while taking a beating.
Yeah but he must have learned more, and the life or death situations that peter has faced make for it.

laughing@you

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

Yeah but he must have learned more, and the life or death situations that peter has faced make for it.
Yeah but where were that fighting ability when he faced sylar in the season finale?

My problem is that this guy (ray park) character has had that quickness and has fought/kill countless people, meaning experience. all of a sudden newbie with abilities is gonna whoop his behind?.....

kaliayev

Reaction score
Country
United States

My problem is that this guy (ray park) character has had that quickness and has fought/kill countless people, meaning experience. all of a sudden newbie with abilities is gonna whoop his behind?.....
Perhaps, but we have no evidence that he's ever fought anyone who could match his speed. His fighting style could have simply been exploiting his incredible speed, and since his opponents could rarely retaliate against such maneuvers, his technique wouldn't improve much from fighting as a speedster assassin. At most, he'd learn which areas of the body to slice for a desired effect. If anyone with better fighting technique were given the speedster's power, the former would mop the floor with the latter.

she can endure any physical pain known to man, except the mental one!!!
In theory, given her constant regeneration, she should be ridiculously intelligent. We saw a hint of how her powers should allow her to rapidly adapt with the guitar hero scene, but honestly, the writers haven't satisfactorily experimented with that aspect of her power.

laughing@you

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

Perhaps, but we have no evidence that he's ever fought anyone who could match his speed. His fighting style could have simply been exploiting his incredible speed, and since his opponents could rarely retaliate against such maneuvers, his technique wouldn't improve much from fighting as a speedster assassin. At most, he'd learn which areas of the body to slice for a desired effect. If anyone with better fighting technique were given the speedster's power, the former would mop the floor with the latter..
His style of fighting and moves don't reflect somebody who depends on his speed. He was going side to side, using turn around back hand attack. Plus they hired RAY freaking PARK, if the character was not gonna represent somebody who could'nt fight, they would have chosen a nobody, somebody like the female speedster from the previous season.

Unless this characters ability is speed+taijutsu not only speed would explain the sudden burst of abilities.

In theory, given her constant regeneration, she should be ridiculously intelligent. We saw a hint of how her powers should allow her to rapidly adapt with the guitar hero scene, but honestly, the writers haven't satisfactorily experimented with that aspect of her power.
It wasn't her getting better it was the absent minded friend. Plus it was just a joke. Not everybody has the mindset for math, don't matter if you have superpowers or not..

kaliayev

Reaction score
Country
United States

His style of fighting and moves don't reflect somebody who depends on his speed. He was going side to side, using turn around back hand attack. Plus they hired RAY freaking PARK, if the character was not gonna represent somebody who could'nt fight, they would have chosen a nobody, somebody like the female speedster from the previous season.

Unless this characters ability is speed+taijutsu not only speed would explain the sudden burst of abilities.

It wasn't her getting better it was the absent minded friend. Plus it was just a joke. Not everybody has the mindset for math, don't matter if you have superpowers or not..
Anyone could look like a martial arts expert if they were a speedster. That Daphne never decided to viciously attack anyone doesn't mean that she couldn't pull off the same movements.

They would have written the script long before they cast Ray freaking Park for the role. Regardless of who they would choose to portray Edgar, because of the script, Edgar was bound to lose the fight, so you can't necessarily project Ray's superior, relative to Peter/Milo, martial arts abilities onto Edgar. They hired that actor to make Edgar look cooler and because a speedster would have that much of an advantage in a fight.

I never said she had the mindset for math (hell, she even said she wasn't interested in it). My response was to you challenging her overall mental adequacy. Constant regeneration of cells is what makes children more receptive to learning new abilities than adults. Her power, and we've seen this with her regenerating her memory after the Haitian altered it, applies to brain cells, and as such, she should be able to rapidly adapt to new challenges, regardless of the mental demands. Besides, the guitar hero scene wasn't the least bit humorous so it couldn't have been a joke.

p.s. I'm betting the chick from Californication has the power of suggestion, like that company agent from season 1.

laughing@you

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

Anyone could look like a martial arts expert if they were a speedster. That Daphne never decided to viciously attack anyone doesn't mean that she couldn't pull off the same movements.

They would have written the script long before they cast Ray freaking Park for the role. Regardless of who they would choose to portray Edgar, because of the script, Edgar was bound to lose the fight, so you can't necessarily project Ray's superior, relative to Peter/Milo, martial arts abilities onto Edgar. They hired that actor to make Edgar look cooler and because a speedster would have that much of an advantage in a fight.

I never said she had the mindset for math (hell, she even said she wasn't interested in it). My response was to you challenging her overall mental adequacy. Constant regeneration of cells is what makes children more receptive to learning new abilities than adults. Her power, and we've seen this with her regenerating her memory after the Haitian altered it, applies to brain cells, and as such, she should be able to rapidly adapt to new challenges, regardless of the mental demands. Besides, the guitar hero scene wasn't the least bit humorous so it couldn't have been a joke.

p.s. I'm betting the chick from Californication has the power of suggestion, like that company agent from season 1.

Naw...man...not everybody can pull it off. Look at dragon the bruce lee story loved the way he portrayed bruce lee, but the actor couldn't throw a kick to save his life. It looked to forced. His hand movements were ok though.

Anyhow i just think the angle the producers wanted to push is that Edgar was experienced as a fighter, making peters win even more impresive. but hey thats just me.

Now to more pressing matters, the recent episode, anybody thinks peter now has earth power now? Or did that guy just gave him a curse to control him?

BAN_KAI

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hmmm i cant wait to download it, only in the 1st day of the next month my internet limit will start from the beggining,i cant download right now shit, so do we have any apearanced of SYLAR i am his greatest fan, and how many episodes were released by now ??