TV THE HEROES THREAD: [SPOILERS]

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

yeah you will like him even more in the latest episodes. By the way guys, Heroes comes out tomorrow at 9:00 pm, do not miss it.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I went and bought Heroes (pirated) DVDs yesterday, and got me 15 eps. Havent watched them, though. :D
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

you have not watched Heroes yet? I think you gonna like it.
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I guess people finally got on the bandwagon around here. I happened to find the pilot leaked on the internet before the first episode aired and i have been hooked since. I suggest that everyone go and watch immediately, if you havent already.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

kadodo said:
you have not watched Heroes yet? I think you gonna like it.
I am watching Heroes. And just like Azurel, i'm watching it on Starworld Asia, which started back in 31st Jan 2007. I just bought the dvds because it's there, but i dont wanna spoil myself further, that's why i havent watched them. :D

I heard the pilot episode got some trouble because one of the scene tarnished the image of a product or something. :D
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

If you're in episode 3, I know you guys got to love the cheerleader.

by the way, don't any you guys who are further in Heroes think the Haitian guy who works with Mr. Bennet has some weird powers as well?
 

jimm120

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
176
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

yeah, Heroes is a great show. I just hope it doesn't do a "Lost" on us and become a bit stale. Lost, season 1, was great. Season 2 was so-so. Season 3 is (so far) average. It has lost its coolness.


as for Jessica and Nikki: I liked the story at first. At the moment, it isn't bad BUT is wasn't as suspensful as in the beginning, when we were in the dark about her powers.

At first I didn't pay much attention to Lindermen...but it seems he is quite important to all these. Most characters have a connection to him/her. I want to know who he/she is and if that person has powers.

As for Syler: I liked him more when he was just this dark figure BUT...... anyway, he is still cool. His power is seeing "how things work"....and since he found how the "gene" in the body works that gives the powers....he "found a way" to take it AND he "found a way" to use it. That is all.

Peter: I think he was described quite well. He is a sponge. he sucks up powers. I didn't think he'd be able to recall the powers again (cause that would make him too powerful) but he certainly is a good character. I also believe he has a "hidden" power. Why can he see these visions in his dreams? hidden power galore.

Nathan: one thing that bugs me about him is how the hell did he escape from the baddies after the hotel. The hatian was with the bad guy. So, Nathan's power must have been neutralized. ...which brings me to the next character.

The Hatian: he can " take out' info from peoples' heads. he also seems to have a power to nullify. But my theory is that he can only do that to people that he has already entered their minds (such as the cop and Slyer)...........which brings me back to another point...

...why could he just gut Syler's brain and learn all that syler has done and how. Can't he see the "memory" he is erasing?

Saresh...meh character. At first he was ok but now he seems so.......trivial. He was important to assembling some characters and now he just seems to be in the way. We know too much already that we don't need him anymore.

Claire: cool character. Well played too. A lot of emotion and her face shows it perfectly.

[br]Posted on: February 19, 2007, 01:21:50 AM_________________________________________________there are some inconsistencies in the story though:

1 - Painter cuts off hand in first episode....magically back in the rest

2 - Peter's dreams. If his powers is to soak up other's pwoers........what is up with the visions.

3 - Hiro and peter in the train when Hiro time traveled: said "couldn't recognize you without the scar".......obviously, Hiro (in later episodes) has seen Peter MANY times so it isn't like he only saw him when he had the scar.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

This post contains stuff about the recent episodes, so be aware of the spoilers.

I completely agree Jim120, I think Peter has some kind of hidden power as well and I don't know if I said this before but the Haitian guy and the Japanese guys made me watch these series more and more. The Haitian guy(cuz I'm Haitian) and the japanese guys because I love manga.

Anyways, back to topic, I think Claire is a pretty good actress as well and I like the whole save the cheerleader save the world thing.

Now we know that her real mom has powers, her real dad( supposingly Nathan) has powers and her uncle Peter also has powers. So right now, she has three family members that could really help her out.
Now what I'm wondering is why is the cheerleader the one to be saved, was she the one that first got powers? And does Nathan knows about Claire's mom powers.

Sorry if I spoiled any of guys.
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Btw will there be another break between the next episodes and the season finale?
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

The Boff said:
the only thing i dont like wit the show is the whole nikki sanders story... its so boooooring. other than that everythings great

ugh, agreed >< She annoys me so much that I actually turn the channel when her parts are one :/ Other than that, I lvoe heroes =D I lvoed in the first episode where Claire kept throwing herself off that...whatever it was xD I was so grossed but at the same time so intrigued.
 

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I don't get it, Why do you hate Nikki and Jessica? they are just like Ichigo and his hollow from bleach only without any for of training. I think their story is one of the most intriguing in the series. She was definitely one of the main things that kept me coming back for more.

But then I guess we cannot all be the same, everyone is entitled to their own opinions I know I know...
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Well for Nikki and Jessica, I guess we don't like it because there is actually one of the Heores who seem to be going against what we want to. Another reason we might dislike the two is because Nikki has so much power over Jessica (or was it Jessica that has control over Nikki?) Anyways, we don't like her because the powers that she has seem to be a power that she does not want to have.
 

jimm120

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
176
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Nikki and Jessica are cool. At first, her story was better but right now...she isn't that bad.

Anyway......"Save the Cheerleader, Save the World"

I think that phrase has more to do with what she'll be able to do to help out in a certain situation in the future...

OR she needed to be saved so Mr. Bennet would have a change of heart later on. Maybe the future heroes figured that maybe with Claire there, he would reason a bit differently (such as not having total hate towards the mutants...oops...mixing it up with X-Men...I mean Heroes:0.

Mr. Lindermen......man, I wanna see that guy now. At first I didn't care; now I want to know.



On a side note: Obviously the "heroes" gene is passed on. if both parents have the genes...then the kid will have it 100%. On some people it will be "the start of the chain" and on others it will be passed on through 1 or both parents. That is why I feel that the Petrelli's mom is also a "hero". We know the husband was but for both sons to get the heroes gene....makes me think that she also has a power.


As for Nathan knowing that Claire's mom is a mutant.....no, he doesn't. Remember, the first time he experienced the whole mutation thing was with the accident with the wife and then his brother. He denies the thing. That is it.








--------------------------

BTW< HEROES TONIGHT!!!!

Too bad I have to download it off torrents. I'm out of the US so don't get the channel. and I'm 1 hour more than easter time...so the show starts at 10 pm and finishes at 11 pm...and torrents don't pop up till 11:30 - 12:00....and even then they are slow (30 - 40 kb) instead of my usual speeds of 75 kb.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I think you might be right about the parent relation thing but I don't remember they said thr Petrelli's dad had power. If they did remind me.


Anyways, I wish a good night with Heroes today even though you gonna have to download :)
 

jimm120

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
176
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

kadodo said:
I think you might be right about the parent relation thing but I don't remember they said thr Petrelli's dad had power. If they did remind me.


Anyways, I wish a good night with Heroes today even though you gonna have to download :)
well, they mentioned taht the father was "wacky" and he ended up kiling himself liek they thought Peter would do. Those are obvious signs that he went through some of the same things Peter went through.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Oh ok, that might be true. It's weird that both brothers have powers. I guess mommy could have some powers as well.
 

sabyr

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2006
Messages
253
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

"Somebody Dies"

Who do you guys think is gonna die?
 

jimm120

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
176
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

sabyr said:
"Somebody Dies"

Who do you guys think is gonna die?


Jessica dies. Cool, right?
 

sabyr

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2006
Messages
253
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

27 minutes left! <3

jimm120 said:
Jessica dies. Cool, right?
that'd be great. her story sucks. but Isaac is going to die I'd say. an official nbc blog person at nbc.com says a hero will die who has imprtant powers, but sylar will gain those powers before he kills them.

Isaac

plus, peter and symone need to hook up! :p

anyways, we saw Isaac dies already.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Well it looks like Isaac might die but I say it will be Mohindar Suresh. Maybe Syler will kill him?
 
Top