TV THE HEROES THREAD: [SPOILERS]

gian

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2006
Messages
159
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Damn this is getting frustrating. What's worse is my girlfriend's birthday is on the 23rd... oh well at least she watches Heroes too. :XD
 

jimm120

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
176
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

haha lol...you don't need to buy her anything anymore then :)

but yeah, definitly frustrating.
 

sabyr

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2006
Messages
253
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

...god, still waiting...
 

deathshadow25

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
753
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

6 days thats all
 

jimm120

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
176
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I was at Gamefaqs.com and they had a pretty long preview. A lot of stuff added in from the last preview posted here (the one with that Nickelback song).

I'm hyped. I started watching the series again. Saw episode 1 and 2 last night. Will watch Episode 3 and 4 tonight.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I was at Gamefaqs.com and they had a pretty long preview. A lot of stuff added in from the last preview posted here (the one with that Nickelback song).

I'm hyped. I started watching the series again. Saw episode 1 and 2 last night. Will watch Episode 3 and 4 tonight.
I think I might do the same thing
 

White Rabbit

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
546
Reaction score
112
Gender
Male
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Tomorrow our prayers finally will be answered... *g*

I killed the anticipation by getting a little adornment:

 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

yep, tommorow is the day. I cannot wait...
 

jimm120

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
176
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I'm up to episode 15 now. Must finish watching 15 - 18 before tomorrow. Plus, I gotta finish watching Deja Vu.


Man...I'm so hyped about Heroes. But I should stop watching it and start working on my thesis. hmm.....Can I connect Heroes to a Thesis topic (on education)? Hmm...makes me wonder.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

the person above me should know Heroes is too cool to go in an English paper. But you'll probably find something in there to include. anyways,

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-
IF YOU DID NOT WATCH EPISODE 19 (OR DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED), DO NOT READ THIS.

Ok, I don't even know what to say. There were just too many things to talk about.

Did you see Sylar and Peter's fight!!!! Man, that was something. But Sylar finished him bad though. I'm wondering what is the grandmother's power?!

Mr. Bennett's plan was so great and for some reason I was kind of happy to see Sylar painting the future. We learned also that the day after the election will also b the day of the explosion. Also what does Linderman want to with Micah?!

The end was also great, we got to see present Hiro and future Hiro. I cannot wait to see the next episode which takes us to year 2012!!!!
 
Last edited:

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Is this what many have feared?
I don't know but to me this episode lacked somewhat in that it did not flow as nicely as the old ones did. I did like this episode but some things seemed disconnected to me. on th other hand there is always the chance that a future episode will clear all that up. then I will be singing their praises again.
 

jimm120

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
176
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

the person above me should know Heroes is too cool to go in an English paper. But you'll probably find something in there to include. anyways,

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-
IF YOU DID NOT WATCH EPISODE 19 (OR DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED), DO NOT READ THIS.

Ok, I don't even know what to say. There were just too many things to talk about.

Did you see Sylar and Peter's fight!!!! Man, that was something. But Sylar finished him bad though. I'm wondering what is the grandmother's power?!

Mr. Bennett's plan was so great and for some reason I was kind of happy to see Sylar painting the future. We learned also that the day after the election will also b the day of the explosion. Also what does Linderman want to with Micah?!

The end was also great, we got to see present Hiro and future Hiro. I cannot wait to see the next episode which takes us to year 2012!!!!


Like I said before, the mom's power is that thing that Peter does (premonition).

Sylar vs Peter....I REALLY want to see Sylar use another ability other than his "knowing how things work" and the Telekinesis.

Micah: pretty obvious. Vote day is in like 1 week. They have to make up those points somehow...and we all know that voting is done through computers now-a-days (in the non-backwards societies)...and Micah just happens to know how computers work and get get them to do things LEGALLY (and illegally). They are gonna make Micah make Nathan win.

I wasn't too hyped up about the whole Future Hiro/ Past Hiro thing. I think it could have been more suspenseful.



PREDICTION:

Next weeks episode is most probably about Hiro in the future mostly. They'll show where everyone is. I also think that Sylar is a "good guy" in the future....though I bet it'd be hard for him to work with Hiro...since Hiro has such a cool, useful power.

-
Is this what many have feared?
I don't know but to me this episode lacked somewhat in that it did not flow as nicely as the old ones did. I did like this episode but some things seemed disconnected to me. on th other hand there is always the chance that a future episode will clear all that up. then I will be singing their praises again.



True. The episode wasn't as good. It is just like you said, it just didn't "flow" as well as others...but this is just the beginning of a set of episodes and you know that they always make it so episodes BUILD on each other (until the last episode in the batch). I expected something bigger.

Nikki/Jessica being found out by DL....when the hell that happen!?!?! And what the hell was the whole thing of DL saying he'd take Micah away and Jessica ACTUALLY CONTEMPLATING that notion as a possibility!?!?!!!! Jessica would have grabbed DL and broken him in half right on the spot. Hell, she already framed him and then tried to kill him because of Micah.



Also, I wanted more Claire. She just wasn't done "right" in this episode. Peter and Claire are what the show needs and both were lacking this episode...even though both received quite a bit of screen time.

At least we got to see Bennett. I've always liked his story.




OUT OF NOWHERE COMMENTS:

Most boring parts so far in the show:
-The Hiro/Ando adventure with that women named hope. All other "adventures" were pretty ok since they fell in with the story...but this one was meh since it had nothing to do with the story and only deterred them from their overall objective.
-Email conversation between atomic guy and wireless woman. Yeah....only a small part but a bad part to introduce an episode.

-
one thing I wanted to mention:

They CANNOT change the future. Think about it, which of Isaac's predictions have been false? Even the one that supposedly was stopped (Claire's death) I don't think wasn't.

As I stated before, I watched the whole series again. And I started thinking:

The person shown dead in Isaac's painting (a cheerleader dead) was actually Jackie (Claire's ex friend). Aside for that, every other painting has been spot on (as in it has happened exactly as shown in the painting). Only thing that can disprove this theory is that the painting of Claire running up the stairs at the gymnasium with Sylar in persiut...it was only Claire running up. When the that situation eventually occurred, it had Claire AND Peter. But aside for that, every other painting is spot on.

Any thoughts on that?
 
Last edited:

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

They CANNOT change the future. Think about it, which of Isaac's predictions have been false? Even the one that supposedly was stopped (Claire's death) I don't think wasn't.

As I stated before, I watched the whole series again. And I started thinking:

The person shown dead in Isaac's painting (a cheerleader dead) was actually Jackie (Claire's ex friend). Aside for that, every other painting has been spot on (as in it has happened exactly as shown in the painting). Only thing that can disprove this theory is that the painting of Claire running up the stairs at the gymnasium with Sylar in persiut...it was only Claire running up. When the that situation eventually occurred, it had Claire AND Peter. But aside for that, every other painting is spot on.

Any thoughts on that?
I think you make a very interesting point. The fact that you rewatched the episodes have made you come up with some very interesting points. Personally, I would like the bomb to go off and Hiro's mission to fail. Just that we see how it's gonna be in the future. Imagine this, Hiro finally stops the bomb. then what? We will be leaving in a world of peace. Who would want to watch Heroes when there is too much peace. I want to see how the future turned out bad, more fans will like it and the story will be better.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Uh... Issac's paitings aren't permanent. Ever hear of the string theory? Hell its what the next chapter is about. Also just so you know Claire was the dead person in his picture. Remember future Hiro coming back and telling Pete save the Cheerleader save the world. That was to stop Sylar from going nuclear and then regenerating. In future Hiro's timeline Claire was dead but then some other cheerleader died though future Hiro stayed in his own timeline since Peter became the new bomb. So you might say they can't change the future but Hiro succesfully changed his past but came back to the same timeline since that is the string he belongs too. Also in future Hiro's past he never traveled into the future to run into himself. You might say that I have no proof but its in the Heroes weekly comic. http://rapidshare.com/files/27646533/Heroes_030__2007___heroes.nbc.com_.cbr

So you lied, they can change the future =P

-
Also that means that Claire can die since he removed her brain and she didn't come back to life which contradicts Peter becoming a bomb and then regenerating.
 
Last edited:

jimm120

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
176
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Uh... Issac's paitings aren't permanent. Ever hear of the string theory? Hell its what the next chapter is about. Also just so you know Claire was the dead person in his picture. Remember future Hiro coming back and telling Pete save the Cheerleader save the world. That was to stop Sylar from going nuclear and then regenerating. In future Hiro's timeline Claire was dead but then some other cheerleader died though future Hiro stayed in his own timeline since Peter became the new bomb. So you might say they can't change the future but Hiro succesfully changed his past but came back to the same timeline since that is the string he belongs too. Also in future Hiro's past he never traveled into the future to run into himself. You might say that I have no proof but its in the Heroes weekly comic. http://rapidshare.com/files/27646533/Heroes_030__2007___heroes.nbc.com_.cbr

So you lied, they can change the future =P

-
Also that means that Claire can die since he removed her brain and she didn't come back to life which contradicts Peter becoming a bomb and then regenerating.
Why do you think that In Future Hiro's time...Claire isn't alive? It isn't stated. Maybe, all this is a kind of timeline that cannot be altered. If someone travels to the future or past, then those events are predetermined. Maybe Hiro KNEW he had to go back in time, so he did to warn peter....but there was no way to change the past.


Think of the new movie "Deja Vu"...but the first 2/3 of the movie. It is a popular theory that if someone time travels, then it will be part of the timelines course...and a 2nd timeline won't appear.

Look at the movie 13 Monkeys with Bruce Willis....same concept I'm trying to give. I believe that either this is what is happening (you can time travel/see the future all you want, but in the end, it was all "part" of the grand scheme and timeline) instead of a secondary timeline branching out because of the new events that were caused because of the time interventions (time travel, seeing the future, etc).





BTW, different artists have different skills. Just look at Isaac's paintings and Sylar's painting. It looks different. They both saw the future and drew it but one had more artistic skills. Now think, who drew the dead cheerleader? It JUST happened to be Peter instead of Isaac (and you could even tell the difference in skills...trust me, I looked at that part intently). He drew a cheerleader. he couldn't draw anything too specific or at least with more details...since he wasn't as good as Isaac at drawing.



Anyway, whatever. I know that the this theory is a bit wacky (well, not much really) but it certainly is plausible. Of course, the director/writer may be doing this so to give us a sense of hopelessness and then in the end show us that you CAN change the future. Of course, this is a message that was only directed towards us and teh characters did not know of this "futile struggle" against time...until Isaac in the end. So, Only Isaac (in this final episode) and us viewers are teh ones that are in the know of this futile struggle (with maybe Nathan knowing a bit or at least on the brink of asking himself the same question). Every other character still thinks that time can be changed.

Anyway, like I said, the director might want us to think that and is now introducing it formally in the show (formally towards us and characters realizing it) but he might do the ol' "deja vu" thing, in which at the end the protagonist happens to be able to do it even though his past self had failed and it was shown that what he was living through the same events...but improved his results by a few seconds...

well, whatever.




BTW, anyone know what Sylar was drawing? We all know that Nathan wins the election, since in the future we see the articles saying he does (plus, next weeks preview shows us him being president). The painting looked like someone with a bob dole kinda face as president (I take it that was the presidential office).
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I'm not sure exactly but I cannot say really if Claire will be dead or not in the future. We know that Claire can regenerate herself no matter what happens right?
Imagine if Peter did not save Claire. Will Claire be dead? How will exactly Sylar kill Claire. Personally, I do not see how. Which brings me to think(assume) that Claire is not dead in the future. Now, the whole question is why is it so important to save the cheerleader. I have come to assume that Claire is a tough one to kill because her regenaeration problem.

One other thing that I thought about was the possibility of Sylar finding a way to kill Claire. If Sylar happened to kill Claire somehow. Wouldn't that make him invincible? The same goes for Peter. Now that I think about it, Sylar and Peter have one power in common: that is to paint the future. We already know that Peter has Claire's power. As we saw in episode 19, Claire's power might be the only thing that prevents Sylar to kill Peter. It was because of Claire's power that Peter was not killed by the glass. That's why the cheerleader is so important.

CONCLUSION:

@manu: I agree with jimm120 on the fact that Claire was not the dead cheerleader on the painiting. I actually think it was her friend as well.

@jimm120: I don't really think it matters about who is drawing the painting. Either if it is Isaac, Peter or Sylar it will result to the same outcome, THE FUTURE. I actually think that Peter had trouble to draw the painting of the cheerleader was because he could not control the power properly.

Those are just my thoughts. You guys are welcome to clarify on anything you think that might not be true.
 
Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Did you read the graphic novel I posted. In the Heroes graphic novel it specifically points out that Claire died in his past. And that Slyar was the old bomb. Now Peter has Claires power and he's the new bomb. I'm not speculating I'm pointing out facts. The graphic novels are officially apart of the story, just things that can't make it in the epidsodes.

-
Why do you think past Hiro said save the cheerleader save the world. He wanted to kill Sylar but couldn't since he had Claires power. Honestly its not for debate, the past got changed. Also notice that Sylar is updating an old drawing of Issac, another part of the future has gotten changed again.
 
Last edited:

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I did not read it yet. So if what you are saying is true. Are you saying that Claire is a bomb? Because of Claire's power, Peter became a bomb?
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

No, Claire's power lets the bomb regenerate. Sylar would never try to blow up if it would kill him. Remember episode 17 where the radioactive man was going unstable. He had to be sedated not to blow up and die. Claire isn't a bomb, she's the key to become a bomb.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I'm not saying that you are wrong or anything. It just that I don't remember Claire regenerate anything else but herself. How will she regenerate the bomb?

I actually think that Peter is gonna get the radioactive man's power somehow and then he will explode because he's going unstable.


edit: I'm having problems to download the novel. Can you send it to my e-mail as an attachment

[email protected]

better yet: if you upload a zip file, that will be great as well, You could just upload it SS or RS
 
Last edited:
Top