The HisshouBuraiKen thread

Wing

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
China
When I was a child, I knew konan. I did not know him very much at that time. Later something happened on me, and I liked him very much. however I just saw its animation in Chinese. After I entering the college, I owned a computer, and all I have touched was animation in Japanese. I found that Japanese is a very beautiful language and I became crazy to learn it. These two years, I learned Japanese in the library almost everyday and I also made Japanese friends in my school. Now it is not difficult for me to communicate with them. My major is English, so I know that listenning and speaking are very important if someone wants to learn a language well. Watching animation from Japan and communicating with Japanese friends are two joys in my life. Here I found you, and I think maybe we niteimasu. I hope I can be one of your friends.

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys! Answers to latest questions:

Goral - Gintama is not gonna happen :P I honestly don't know what I will fan-translate if anything now that FMA has ended and Dattebayo has dropped Bleach. I will probably ride the mangastream Naruto gig until the series ends. I am trying to transition to more pro work TBH.

jmangeo - You're welcome, and no habla español :P

iceland - I translate fast because I translate as I read, then go back and correct stuff I got wrong because I didn't know the whole plot of the chapter, so I basically just do one read-through and one edit. And yes, I know myself very well :D

Wing - My favorite manga? That's a tough one. Naruto, FMA, Kaiji, anything by Fujisawa Tooru, the list goes on.

I think my next projects may be building a new DDR pad, bookcase and end table. Not necessarily in that order.

kenshan

Reaction score
Country
Israel
hi...
how can i connection to the translator of naruto menga?
i want to translate naruto to Hebrew and i need to talk with him...

isrnick

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hi there HisshouBuraiKen, I would like to know if you are gonna post your translations of Naruto 501-504 in MangaHelpers.

Yours is the only reliable translation of Naruto available nowadays, and when the chapters of Mangastream are deleted, thanks to the release of a new volume of Naruto, we won't have anywhere to read your translations of these chapters anymore... :(

Or are you posting it somewhere else??

Last edited:

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello Hisshou,

I don't know how often you check this thread but I thought you probably don't want to be bothered by PM. ^^;

I just wanted to say thanks for all the wonderful FMA translations! :3
Also, could you tell me a bit about how you started working for Viz? I've always wondered if I ever got good at Japanese if I'd work for a publishing company, but I thought they wouldn't ever deal with an internet translator. ;A;
Do you like working for them?

InvincibleUchiha

Reaction score
Country
Germany
why u stop translating naruto. i loved every chapter. i would also buy the manga only if you were the translator. you breathed life into the story in a way that made every single pattern even more epic it was anyway. i miss that old hisshou-style. i can't get used to those loveless translations since you've been gone.
edit: this looks like i am only complaining about your loss, but its the other way round. i loved you for your translations. really. for me the weekly chapter was incomplete without your translation. since you don't translate naruto isn't the same. you did a great job!

Last edited:

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
why u stop translating naruto. i loved every chapter. i would also buy the manga only if you were the translator. you breathed life into the story in a way that made every single pattern even more epic it was anyway. i miss that old hisshou-style. i can't get used to those loveless translations since you've been gone.
edit: this looks like i am only complaining about your loss, but its the other way round. i loved you for your translations. really. for me the weekly chapter was incomplete without your translation. since you don't translate naruto isn't the same. you did a great job!
Hey man, I appreciate that, I really do! :ossu The truth is I just got tired of the "scanlaiton game" where if I couldn't translate the moment a raw came in people would go with someone else, I'm also busy doing more pro translation work (like on Crunchyroll.com where I'm currently doing Naruto Spin-Off:Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals). It was a good run, thought! No regrets for sure.

I always post the latest stuff I'm working on on my CR profile so check it out!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/HisshouBuraiKen