The HisshouBuraiKen thread

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
i love your Kisame cosplay. The scene with Gai was priceless. i think i touted that in the Cosplay thread too. i would really love to cosplay sometime.

And it looks like my favorite translator also likes my favorite akatsuki pair
Hidan RUles :turtle

Gold Knight said:
Why am I the only one asking questions here? Hmm...
probably because many havent seen this thread - lol!!!

Ayah

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
For variety, I'm asking as well :p

How long did it take you to create your Kisame costume, samehada included? Which character that you have cosplayed is your favorite among them? Which do you think is your best cosplay? I saw in the first page that you read RAVE. Do you also read Hiro Mashima's latest manga, Fairy Tail?

Now that I'm through with my questions for today, I want to say that I like your translations :amuse I also like your Hidan photomanip. Don Hidan FTW! :D I wouldn't want to see his head under my blanket when I wake up in the morning, even if he looks at me and talk. I agree that his and Kakuzu's bickering are the best in Naruto.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'm not so sure if I still like Hidan so much after that last chapter. He seems rather too loud-mouthed. :/

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
FIRST POST UPDATED WITH LOTSA INFO ABOUT ME! :ossu :turtle

Gold Knight said:
What do you think of Raine Joybringer's Sakura cosplaying? ( Pics over here. She's a mod here. )
An excellent costume but a bad photo of it. It's just not the same without the fuck-me boots :D

Why am I the only one asking questions here? Hmm...
Ahunno. Either we're good buddies, you're trying to make me feel better that no one else comes around, or both :P
Plus I haven't linked to this thread until recently.

Ayah said:
How long did it take you to create your Kisame costume, samehada included? Which character that you have cosplayed is your favorite among them? Which do you think is your best cosplay? I saw in the first page that you read RAVE. Do you also read Hiro Mashima's latest manga, Fairy Tail?

Now that I'm through with my questions for today, I want to say that I like your translations :amuse I also like your Hidan photomanip. Don Hidan FTW! :D I wouldn't want to see his head under my blanket when I wake up in the morning, even if he looks at me and talk. I agree that his and Kakuzu's bickering are the best in Naruto.
It all took a couple months, though I didn't work on it regularly until the last 3 weeks or so. The Samehada was pretty easy to make, it's just 3 styrofoam blocks with a hole drilled through the centers. Don't let that fool you though, it's still heavy when you're holding it by the bottom of the handle. There were a couple shoots where I didn't think I'd make it :P

I have not read Fairy Tail yet. I kinda got tired of RAVE towards the end because it got repetitive, but I'd read another of Mashima's manga if it doesn't follow the same kinda formula. Is it good?

Hidanfather > (insert anything here)

Gold Knight said:
I'm not so sure if I still like Hidan so much after that last chapter. He seems rather too loud-mouthed. :/
Ahh, you're just suffering from Hidan overload. After a few more chapters of Naruto's training, comment number 8 will be "I miss Hidan."

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Can bend my elbows pretty far in the wrong direction.
I've never met anybody who could do that. XD Nice resume you have there. Hope to see you work on FMA more in particular... I haven't really gotten past the second volume of Gantz yet, but perhaps I'll do that soon enough.

And maybe it's Hidan overload, but I think somewhere along the line I just began to actually dislike him. I think we're supposed to dislike him. It's working now. ;)

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
hisshouburaiken said:
Can play Dan better than njt in:
Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter.

Can not play Dan better than njt in:
Street Fighter Alpha 3
haha that was fun :p. I'll practice and beat you in marvel next time :ossu

er a question... hmmm...

What's your favorite Japanese food? What place do you recommend to visit while in Saitama?

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite Japanese food...hoo boy...

For a full meal, I'd go with the curry rice at CoCo Ichiban. Just...droolage. Pure droolage.
For snack food, I can't resist "Kasugai Peanut and You" - they're peanuts with the skin partially dipped in this yummy batter stuff. Also comes in pea and wasabi pea.

A good place to visit in Saitama is Kawagoe-shi, which is nicknamed "Little Edo". They have a great free bus tour of some neat old temples and shopping districts. Oomiya also has a nice covered outdoor shopping area near the station that's similar to (if much smaller than) Kyoto's Shijou.

One Eyed Sharingan

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hello......
Question!!! what does "hisshouburaiken" mean, what inspired you to use that nickname???

What are your opnions on Hibiki Dan's skillz (and his pink judo-gi......)

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Aah, one of my favorite questions.

First of all, Dan rules. The best part about him is the more Japanese you learn, the funnier he gets.

There are two possble ways to translate HisshouBuraiKen. I will present them both, but let it be known that I believe the SECOND translation is the more appropriate.

Hisshou Burai Ken 必勝 無頼 拳
"Certain Victory" "Bandit/Villain" "Fist"

OR (Preferred)
Hisshou Bu Rai Ken 必勝 無 頼 拳
"Certain Victory" "Without" "Trust/Reliance" "Fist"

Put 'em all together and you get:
"Complete and Total Victory Relying on Nobody but Myself-Fist"

It's my name on every forum I'm a member of.

One Eyed Sharingan

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
hisshouburaiken said:
Aah, one of my favorite questions.

First of all, Dan rules. The best part about him is the more Japanese you learn, the funnier he gets.

There are two possble ways to translate HisshouBuraiKen. I will present them both, but let it be known that I believe the SECOND translation is the more appropriate.

Hisshou Burai Ken 必勝 無頼 拳
"Certain Victory" "Bandit/Villain" "Fist"

OR (Preferred)
Hisshou Bu Rai Ken 必勝 無 頼 拳
"Certain Victory" "Without" "Trust/Reliance" "Fist"

Put 'em all together and you get:
"Complete and Total Victory Relying on Nobody but Myself-Fist"

It's my name on every forum I'm a member of.
So Dan's like ummmmmm ....multi layered puzzle, and Japanese is the pieces to see him as a whole (the more pieces you have, the better you get the picture), that's interesting alright
And Hissouburai-ken is a name of style or discipline

"Complete and Total Victory Relying on Nobody but Myself-Fist" that's pretty baddass......i think...
You made the right decision using the japanese rather than the english
Is that Dan's style/discipline??

Have you ever beat Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter. or Street fighter Alpha 3 in the hardest mode using Dan only? (without continue)

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dan's discipline is "Saikyou-ryuu", which means, "The strongest style".

One Eyed Sharingan said:
So Dan's like ummmmmm ....multi layered puzzle, and Japanese is the pieces to see him as a whole (the more pieces you have, the better you get the picture), that's interesting alright.
Dan is a complex, complex man.

One Eyed Sharingan said:
Have you ever beat Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter. or Street fighter Alpha 3 in the hardest mode using Dan only? (without continue)
Probably. I've definitely done it in the Vs. games with all Dan teams. A triple HisshouBuraiKen is a sight to behold.

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Every player has a weakness in fighting game, so which one is Dan's? I mean, which one do you hate playing against when you're playing with Dan?

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think we've ever talked before, so "hi!" :nuts

I do the translation compilations thread sometimes, so I see your translation at least once a week, usually more XD I have to say, it's very good ^^

so, here's some questions!

Since it's Halloween time (Samhein, Hallow's Eve, etc, depending on where you're from), what do you think of scary movies? Do you actually get frightened by them? I know I do... :sweat

Are you superstitous?

What is your ideal costume?

One Eyed Sharingan

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Another question...

in my browser.....the icon for mangahelper's tab is Dan.....do you have anything o do with that??

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
ibra87 said:
Every player has a weakness in fighting game, so which one is Dan's? I mean, which one do you hate playing against when you're playing with Dan?
Dan is weak against anything with a pulse, and a few things without.

LadyHatake said:
I don't think we've ever talked before, so "hi!" :nuts
Hi! :turtle

LadyHatake said:
Since it's Halloween time (Samhein, Hallow's Eve, etc, depending on where you're from), what do you think of scary movies? Do you actually get frightened by them? I know I do... :sweat
I can't get enough of scary movies, but very few of them actually scare me. I was really disappointed with "The Descent", everyone told me it was the scariest movie ever and I didn't even flinch :P

I am not superstitious at all. And my ideal costume would beeeee.....hrmmmmmm......that's a great question. I'll get back to you on that :D

One Eyed Sharingan said:
in my browser.....the icon for mangahelper's tab is Dan.....do you have anything o do with that??
Nope. Thank njt for that :ossu

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You already own a Wii, I presume? If yes, how is it? :smile-big Does it live up to its reputation?

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
ibra87 said:
You already own a Wii, I presume? If yes, how is it? :smile-big Does it live up to its reputation?
No. I can't find the goddamned thing anywhere!!! However, I HAVE played it, and it's really fun. I've got an extra set of controllers and the DBZ game, just no system to play them on :(

I bought them because they were on sale for $5 off apiece with free shipping. Holiday bargains ahoy!

Luckas

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Congrats for your 100th Chapterversary and thousands of this days. :D

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks, buddy.

@ibra - I finally got a Wii. It's pretty awesome, although if I had Zelda I'm sure I'd play it constantly. As it is, I really like DBZ:BT2 and Wii Sports. And the Miis. It's definitely a great console and I say it lives up to the hype. Soon I will have Wario Ware and wackiness will ensue.

kyubisharingan

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
hisshouburaiken said:
Thanks, buddy.

@ibra - I finally got a Wii. It's pretty awesome, although if I had Zelda I'm sure I'd play it constantly. As it is, I really like DBZ:BT2 and Wii Sports. And the Miis. It's definitely a great console and I say it lives up to the hype. Soon I will have Wario Ware and wackiness will ensue.
cool dude^^btw, how much did u pay for a wii? im trying to find a good afforadable one. shouldnt the wii be around $250 (im assuming u live in america)