TV The How I Met Your Mother Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
True Stories!!! Barney Stinson is my most quotable character ever! lol
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Did you see the latest episode? Awesome!

Loved it when barney went all *mine* on the chair and when they both called Robin while being drunk at the same time and they ended up fighting and stopping before "it got out of control" :-D

Sucks Robin's leaving the gang though... she doesn't deserve them if she's taking a break from them because of THAT dude :hurr
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I recognize me on this epi.
I used to write letters to my future self too after a bad situation.

Episode very good.
I was missing a lot the funny Ted.
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Just watched...I laughed so much, it hasn't been this funny for some time now. I'll miss her ;_;
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Haha yeah. Even Marshal and Lily were more funny than dorky. But damn they're dorky :-P
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, you're late Blai-kun I normally watch those episodes on Tuesdays after it airs in US. The letter Barney wrote to himself to trick Ted into thinking he'd given up on Robin, then he was gonna go behind his back!!! LMAO! Barney is legendary. The double side story of Lily and Marshall was awesome too.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I'm not late, I also saw it the day before yesterday... ¬¬

Did you see the latest episode? Awesome!

Loved it when barney went all *mine* on the chair and when they both called Robin while being drunk at the same time and they ended up fighting and stopping before "it got out of control" :-D

Sucks Robin's leaving the gang though... she doesn't deserve them if she's taking a break from them because of THAT dude :hurr
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ohh I apologise Blai :(
Here's something to cheer you up:

Ted: [drunk, on phone] Hey Robin, it's Teddy Bear. Need a little honey? Rawwwr.
Barney: [drunk, on phone] Hey Robin, it's Barn Door. Guess what, I'm open!
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
^ Oh, LOL :XD I just saw that episode on TV last week :XD (yeah, Aussie tv is behind -_-;)

My favourite quote: "This is gonna be legend- waiit for it, and I hope you're not lactose intolerant, because the second part of this word is - DA(I)RY!!" :XD
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I love that line from The Barnacle :), Check this out, I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did!
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Damn you gazulla!
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Any info about next season? When will it start?
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
The 6th season starts on the 20th September...

And here are a few spoiler infos from Ausiello

How I Met Your Mother is about to fill in a major piece of Robin Sparkles’ pop-star backstory. Sources confirm to me exclusively that Pussycat Doll-turned-Dancing With the Stars champ Nicole Scherzinger has been tapped to play Jessica Glitter, Robin’s former BFF and costar of the Canadian talk show that also featured Alan Thicke.
“It’s going to be a satisfying third chapter in the Robin Sparkles trilogy,” says executive producer Craig Thomas. “It’s a prequel to both ‘Let’s Go to the Mall‘ and ‘Sandcastles in the Sand.’”
Adds fellow EP Carter Bays: “It’s the origin story of Robin Sparkles. You see where she came from.”
The Sparkles & Glitter flashback episode, simply titled “Glitter,” is slated to air during November sweeps. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman)
That noise you hear is the plot of How I Met Your Mother‘s top secret, game-changing sixth-season premiere thickening as we speak.
Although a Mother rep declined to comment, sources confirm that the Sept. 20 opener will feature—prepare to clutch your pearls—a wedding!
The who-what-where-when-why of said nuptials remain under the tightest of wraps, but I strongly suggest you go back and comb our July 29 interview with exec producers Craig Thomas and Carter Bays for clues. I also urge you to come back here when you’re done and start spewing theories in the comments section.
What are you waiting for? Get crackin’!
There's more if you go on Ausiello's website
 
Last edited:

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Am I the only one who doesn't want the mother introduced? :P

I kinda like the gang as it is right now. :3
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
You're not alone :XD

Queenofmuffins said:
I kinda like the gang as it is right now. :3
I do too :XD But I guess things will change when Lily has a baby

2 episodes of the 6th season has already been aired, but damn Aussie TV is re-running old episodes from the 1st season :shakefist
 
Last edited by a moderator:

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I want the mother to be introduced at the end of this season. It feels like there's not many things that can happen that we hasn't already seen. I'm afraid it'll get repetitive if they drag on.
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
2 episodes of the 6th season has already been aired, but damn Aussie TV is re-running old episodes from the 1st season :shakefist
This is why there is a wonderful, amazing thing called "Torrents". :D
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I want the mother to be introduced at the end of this season. It feels like there's not many things that can happen that we hasn't already seen. I'm afraid it'll get repetitive if they drag on.
I know what you mean, but I think I agree with Muffins. Adding/subtracting from the group could throw the whole dynamic out of whack. I know I was worried about this when it seemed like Robin was going to leave the group at the end of last season. Plus, meeting the mother would almost be like the main couple getting together in a shoujo -- the main goal of the story would be accomplished and the anticipation would be gone. Of course there are plenty of exceptions, but usually the story goes downhill after that sort of thing. :/
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
I know what you mean, but I think I agree with Muffins. Adding/subtracting from the group could throw the whole dynamic out of whack. I know I was worried about this when it seemed like Robin was going to leave the group at the end of last season. Plus, meeting the mother would almost be like the main couple getting together in a shoujo -- the main goal of the story would be accomplished and the anticipation would be gone. Of course there are plenty of exceptions, but usually the story goes downhill after that sort of thing. :/
Yep, and since Ted doesn't know it's "the one" there's the whole having to date, get engaged, blah blah blah thing which is gonna take awhile ^^;
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Finally! A really great episode in this season. !This is How I Met Your Mother!
And I hope the wedding of Ted's high school friend is at the end of this season.

Certainly, it'll be there that Ted will meet his "the one".

About Blitz case, lol, that's why I am always the last one to get out of parties.
 
Last edited:
Top