The Jisinai Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Jisinai Thread

Jisinai

Since Gold Knight was kind enough to make me my own subforum, I'd oblige his request to make a thread in here as well. Also, thanks to njt for writing a paragraph on me in the news post.

I guess you guys can ask me random questions, just ... nothing weird, please.

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Sweet, I guess I'll start this thing.

When did you start studying Japanese?

" " " " Translating?

What other manga have you translated?

Welcome to the board :ossu

Zenith

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Welcome to manga helpers, Jisinai-san! We're glad to have you here as a dedicated Bleach translator.
Now for some questions...

What happened to sillouette? Did it change its name to Ju-Ni?

Did anything happened between you and Bleach Portal?

Why did you decide to translate Bleach instead of other series?

Jisinai

njt said:
Sweet, I guess I'll start this thing.

When did you start studying Japanese?

" " " " Translating?

What other manga have you translated?

Welcome to the board :ossu
Alright. I started studying Japanese about six months ago. I've been translating for about a month. Yes, I'm very new at this. I'm getting the hang of it, the grammar is funky but I think I get it. The only other manga I've translated was Yakitate!! Japan.

Thanks for the welcome.

Zenith said:
Welcome to manga helpers, Jisinai-san! We're glad to have you here as a dedicated Bleach translator.
Now for some questions...

What happened to sillouette? Did it change its name to Ju-Ni?

Did anything happened between you and Bleach Portal?

Why did you decide to translate Bleach instead of other series?
silhouette died because of two things. One, school started again for me, which greatly limited my time. Secondly, there was a dispute between myself and another administrator, so I decided to just walk away. No, Ju-Ni is an entirely different group. I translate Bleach primarily because, in my opinion, it's the coolest shonen manga out there [don't hurt me Naruto fans - I love Naruto, just not as much as Bleach]. I guess because there's no other Bleach translators really doing the series, I wanted to step in and help out.

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for helping, Jinisai. I'm glad to have u here.

Since when do u read manga?

How many languages do u speak?

Why do u decide to become a translator?

What is the greatest pleasure that u can get from translating a manga?

Jisinai

eileenting88 said:
Thanks for helping, Jinisai. I'm glad to have u here.

Since when do u read manga?

How many languages do u speak?

Why do u decide to become a translator?

What is the greatest pleasure that u can get from translating a manga?
Thanks, good to be here.

I've been reading manga for a while. I think the first I ever bought was volume one of Yu Yu Hakusho. That was like six years ago.

I really only speak one language, which is obviously English. I try to speak Spanish, but my Spanish teacher would say differently.

I became a translator for the same reason I do many things. I don't wait around for things to come out, I just do it myself. I also think Japanese is a very interesting language, combining that with my love of manga, you get it.

The greatest pleasure? Knowing what happens before everyone else :amuse

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
*Chuckles at the last answer* I can see the pleasure in that, alright!

Translation Question: I was wondering - I just re-read chapter 157, where... well, I'll make this a spoiler just in case some Bleach readers here haven't gotten that far yet:

Soi Fong, in her battle with Yoruichi, right before she released the true form of her Suzumebachi, said "Jinteki Syakusetsu." What does that mean?

Glad to have you aboard, Jisinai.

Jisinai

Gold Knight said:
Translation Question: I was wondering - I just re-read chapter 157, where... well, I'll make this a spoiler just in case some Bleach readers here haven't gotten that far yet:

Soi Fong, in her battle with Yoruichi, right before she released the true form of her Suzumebachi, said "Jinteki Syakusetsu." What does that mean?

Glad to have you aboard, Jisinai.
尽敵螫殺 - jintekishakusetsu

尽 - exhausting
敵 - enemy
螫 - bee sting [the furigana does not coincide with the on/kun readings?]
殺 - murder

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
^

Hmm - so what exactly is she saying there just before she releases the true form of her zanpakuto? Most Shinigami captains when they release the shi kai on their Soul Cutters say stuff like 'Howl,' 'Scatter,' 'Soar in the Frozen Sky'... you know? Oh well, just curious, it's no big deal.

Chapter 157 also has a term I'm wondering about it means.

Yoruichi: "Keigun Toukatsu Gundanchou's Keisen Shousoku...? They haven't been summoned in a long time."

And I guess here's a random question: "Do you play video games?" :thumbs

Jisinai

Gold Knight said:
^

Hmm - so what exactly is she saying there just before she releases the true form of her zanpakuto? Most Shinigami captains when they release the shi kai on their Soul Cutters say stuff like 'Howl,' 'Scatter,' 'Soar in the Frozen Sky'... you know? Oh well, just curious, it's no big deal.

Chapter 157 also has a term I'm wondering about it means.

Yoruichi: "Keigun Toukatsu Gundanchou's Keisen Shousoku...? They haven't been summoned in a long time."

And I guess here's a random question: "Do you play video games?" :thumbs
Oh, sorry! I'd probably call it "Sting the exhausted enemy to death, Suzembachi."

I can't find where the other translation request is in my archives. Would you mind showing me the page or pointing me to a RAW? I really can't tell you without the kanji.

And, yes, I play video games. That's what I do with my free time when I'm not on the internet or playing sports.

Iwanin

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Jisinai said:
I really only speak one language, which is obviously English.  I try to speak Spanish, but my Spanish teacher would say differently. 
Any questions on Spanish, and you know whom to ask (hint: me).

Actually, I'm a bit surprised more people don't study Spanish as a second language - it's one of the most widely spoken languages in the whole world, right up there with English and Mandarin. So how long have you been studying?

Also, I gotta say I'm impressed - translating manga having studied Japanese for only six months? That's really something!

Jisinai said:
The greatest pleasure?  Knowing what happens before everyone else :amuse
Amen to that:smile-big

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Jisinai said:
I can't find where the other translation request is in my archives. Would you mind showing me the page or pointing me to a RAW? I really can't tell you without the kanji.
Unfortunately I don't have the RAW or know how to get my hands on one. Here's the page, however:

Meijin no Kori

Gold Knight said:
Unfortunately I don't have the RAW or know how to get my hands on one. Here's the page, however:

I found the raw page on #lurk. Here it is. :amuse

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
MnK FTW :amuse

Thanks, man.

Jisinai

Wow, Gold Knight, thank you for requesting this. M-R's translation is way off.

Yoruichi:

...刑軍統括軍団長の刑戰装束か...
...keigun toukatsu gundanchou no keisenshouzaku ka...
...The Punishment Brigade Corps Commander's Battle Costume...?

...懐かしい出で立ちじゃの
...natsukashii idetara jano
...That outfit brings back memories.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Thanks! Whew, that's pretty different.

Yeah, I got the feeling Chapters 155-157 were poorly done as far as translations.

What kind of video games do you play? ;D

Jisinai

Hmm, lessee, I'm a big RPG and strategy fan. Always have been. The first game I ever touched was Dragon Warrior for the NES. I play a fair bit of action and platformers, as well as select FPS, racing, and fighters.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Ah, Dragon Warrior, that brings back memories. Mostly having to battle forever just to build up experience and get gold. Amazing how much time that killed.

What would you say is your favorite RPG then?

And while we're on the topic of "favorites," what's your favorite character in Bleach?

And like Iwanin said, pretty impressive you feel confident enough already to translate after only six months. Must've been some intensive studying you put yourself through?

Jisinai

No, Gold Knight, you asked the terrible question. Simply put, I can't choose a favorite RPG. There's way too many excellent ones to pick just one.

My favorite character in Bleach? Probably Kisuke.

I guess you could say I studied a lot. I studied just grammar and verbs, no vocabulary. Every word I have to look up. I think that translating helps build and facilitates to learning process, so I guess I feel confident enough in myself to at least try. That and I despise waiting to know what happens in Bleach :amuse

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: RPG question - well then, list a few you'd recommend to me then. Let's see how many of them I've already played.

Kisuke, eh? In that case, let me point you to my DA. http://firu-kun.deviantart.com/ - Just did a Kisuke drawing. Let me know what you think. Be sure to check out my Scraps folder too, I have a few more Bleach drawings there.

And I admire your determination. :thumbs