The Last Person to Post Wins - Scotch | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Last Person to Post Wins - Scotch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I usually have always 4 bottles in the cabinet - 1 good whisky, 1 cheap-ish rum, 1 good vodka and one bottle of Jallu - a finnish depression era oddity that has cult status among art people. (It'a a blend - one half import cognac and the other half the cheapest most horrible moonshine available)

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Excluding beer/cider, most of my stash is random bottles of whisky

I also have, 2 (?) bottles of gin, 2 (?) bottles of rum, some calvados, some umeshu, some brandy, a nice bottle of port, and a load of other random things that I rarely touch (and so have forgotten all about)

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Well, okay occasionally there is a 5th bottle - the one we call "monke booze". It's the real deal Finnish hillbilly moonshine in the 5th generation. I have a friend who gets a few bottles occasionally when he visits his countryside home. We call it monke booze because the first patch he brought to one student party was labeled with cartoon monkeys carrying rifles.

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
When a friend was studying in Finland, he'd always bring me these crazy liquors of like 50%... I remember one being this peppermint spirit, an other a viscous herbal one, made my freezer all sticky.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
When a friend was studying in Finland, he'd always bring me these crazy liquors of like 50%... I remember one being this peppermint spirit, an other a viscous herbal one, made my freezer all sticky.
The peppermint one has to be Minttu for sure. That's classic Finnish export present. The other one could be Salmari (salty liquorice vodka). That's definetly a trademark Finnish booze.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
:hi

'M heading off to work catching a lyft as the sunlight hitting ma eyes 'm wondering where lastnight went. 😔🤔

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
The peppermint one has to be Minttu for sure. That's classic Finnish export present. The other one could be Salmari (salty liquorice vodka). That's definetly a trademark Finnish booze.
Haha I've had my fair share of Minttu. God it's great to get drunk on. We use to do flaming shots of the stuff. There was also this cheap Estonian version called Minty, it came in plastic bottles. A valuable lesson I learnt was any liquor that comes in plastic bottles, is best avoided.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
It was! Salmari is also good way to get drunk fast, if you are accustomed to the flavour.

Yeah, plastic bottle on the bottom shelf is a danger sign :lmao

Though lately better brands like Koskenkorva have also offered plastic bottle options, so I'm not so cautious anymore.

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
I stumbled across anime on Prime. Like how does Amazon not even advertise any of this? They have Vinland Saga and dororo and I had to stumble across it. Fuck sakes. I still also had to do that triple check that you always need to do to make sure you aren't actually renting it.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I stumbled across anime on Prime. Like how does Amazon not even advertise any of this? They have Vinland Saga and dororo and I had to stumble across it. Fuck sakes. I still also had to do that triple check that you always need to do to make sure you aren't actually renting it.
Exactly! And Vinland Saga is even an Amazon exclusive - I blame their advertizing department if Vinland Saga never gets a 2nd season.

Reactions: z.5

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
It's so badly done. Besides the actual player, everything else about prime is average or just shit. From the marketing to even the search functions.

I honestly wouldn't have had it if I didn't buy so much crap.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
We had the trial period but didn't continue, the image quality was often potato and in general it was bad or meh.

Maybe a new shot when that LotR series starts airing.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
They have some good stuff
Vinland Saga is awesome - and I really liked The Blade of the Immortal series they made (it's slow and artistic, you can tell they've taken inspiration from old samurai films)

Maybe a new shot when that LotR series starts airing.
I do hope that is good...

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Blek German mejik!

Status
Not open for further replies.