The Last Person to Post Wins - Wendigo | Page 35 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Last Person to Post Wins - Wendigo

Status
Not open for further replies.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Honestly would never consider hurting my children, no matter the degree. Odd that I seem to be in the minority on this here. o.o
Me neither

That's why, when my kids are bad, I just hide sharp objects (kitchen knives, drawing pins, scalpel blades...) in their toy box and allow them to hurt themselves.

Then I berate them for their lack of sound judgement (I mean, why exactly were they playing with kitchen knives anyway?!?) and add that to the ever growing list of ways that they could be better, more sensible and agreeable, people.
:verily

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Me neither

That's why, when my kids are bad, I just hide sharp objects (kitchen knives, drawing pins, scalpel blades...) in their toy box and allow them to hurt themselves.

Then I berate them for their lack of sound judgement (I mean, why exactly were they playing with kitchen knives anyway?!?) and add that to the ever growing list of ways that they could be better, more sensible and agreeable, people.
:verily
True reasonable parenting. :nod

Reactions: z.5

Xadyu

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
Did someone say spanking? :hurr

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly would never consider hurting my children, no matter the degree. Odd that I seem to be in the minority on this here. o.o
Hey...I thank my moms for my high pain tolerance xD

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Tbh I also don't condemn my mom for it, I don't think it affected me. But I don't have the guts for it nor believe it's necessary/the best way to deal with things.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I developed my own through shear hard work

Can't recall all that many occasions of my parents beating my arse, though I can recall far too many occasions of injuries caused by my own actions

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
nah you're right. i believe hitting kids is old fashioned. The purpose is making them understand what's wrong or making them afraid to do it again til they can understand but there are many way to achieve it beside hitting them (if one is patient enough, it's just hitting is the most straightforward way and doesn't require patience or thinking)

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
i'd thank my bicycle for that lol i would come home with a fresh cut almost everyday xD

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Though it seems I might be in the minority in that my parents never hurt me either. 🤷‍♂️

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
i'd thank my bicycle for that lol i would come home with a fresh cut almost everyday xD
We had a paineira (a big tree with tons of thick thorns in the trunk) in the area separated for kids to play soccer '-' We had perma pierced feet lol, dunno what idiot planted that there or decided that was a good kid zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.