TV The LOST Thread: [SPOILERS]

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

and HOW could they NOT see that in the first season when they walked up the mountain to pinpoint a radiosignal. i mean, they could see the entire island from that spot.
Exactly. the geography is completely muddled up.
 

White Rabbit

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
546
Reaction score
112
Gender
Male
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

If that annoyed you than the 1st episode of the 3rd season must've annyoed you even more, when they revealed that the others had a complete village on the island.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

If that annoyed you than the 1st episode of the 3rd season must've annyoed you even more, when they revealed that the others had a complete village on the island.
oh yes, it did.

they are really on thin ice with this show right now. which sucks ofcourse, cause it used to rock arse!
 

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Last episode was an improvement. We had a nice juicy Locke flashback.
And the ending :O :O
Quite a shocker.

And whats all this about a box? A magical box where you can imagine things? Straaaaange.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

So Jack and Claire are half-siblings. Is it just me or does it seem like Jack's Father is involved in a lot of the castaways pasts?
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

It's not just you. I wonder if Jack and Claire will manage to make the connection, and how.

But it's not just Jack's father, there are a lot of other subtle connections like that. Hurley saw Libby at the hospital, or was it Libby who saw Hurley, and he was on the tv in the apartment Jin went to, to beat up that guy. And it was Libby, wasn't it, who gave Desmond the sailboat? There are probably more, but I can't remember at the moment.

I agree that it's hard to believe a whole separate island, not to mention village, would go unnoticed all this time. It's a stretch to explain it rationally, but maybe when they were on the mountain in season 1, the position of the island made it difficult to tell that it was actually separate from the mainland. It's not like they were standing on Mt. Fuji, another ridge could have blocked their view. Besides, especially at that point, they spent a lot more time arguing than they did observing.

Anyway, there are already so many crazy things we're willing to believe in this show, so why not go with the ever-expanding geography as well. Also, remember that the plot of the show was never entirely planned by the writers. When they scripted the mountain scene, they probably hadn't even though this far ahead. Which isn't such a bad thing. Personally, I can get over a few loopholes if it means a less predictable plot. I just hope they don't try to explain everything.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I pretty much agree with everything you said PaperYomiko. Why let a few inconsistencies ruin a show for you? It isn't the first show to have them.

That being said, I'm not going to say that every episode has been great, but I think since season three started back up it has been getting better, save for the whole Hurley with the VW Van. What was the point of that anyway?
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Wow havent watched the latest episodes but Jack and Claire are half-siblings now o.o wow I dont know but this show is getting...well I should watch the episodes soon <.<
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

save for the whole Hurley with the VW Van. What was the point of that anyway?
He and Charlie were trying to symbolically defy fate. You know, because he's supposed to be cursed and Charlie's apparently going to croak at any minute.

I actually loved that episode, I get tired of Jack and Kate and everyone being so serious all the time. It really wasn't that significant or anything, and it was a bit bizarre but ...I don't know, sometimes that's just the kind of randomness such a serious show needs. And, damn, they really managed to jump that old vw? Glad I have one, I just hope the new ones have that kind of longevity too :amuse
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

He and Charlie were trying to symbolically defy fate. You know, because he's supposed to be cursed and Charlie's apparently going to croak at any minute.

I actually loved that episode, I get tired of Jack and Kate and everyone being so serious all the time. It really wasn't that significant or anything, and it was a bit bizarre but ...I don't know, sometimes that's just the kind of randomness such a serious show needs. And, damn, they really managed to jump that old vw? Glad I have one, I just hope the new ones have that kind of longevity too :amuse
Actually this was one of the few parts I liked about season 3 so far...I am really tired of jack and kate... Except the meteor thing I somehow enjoyed it to see Hurley in some action :)
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Actually this was one of the few parts I liked about season 3 so far...I am really tired of jack and kate... Except the meteor thing I somehow enjoyed it to see Hurley in some action :)
agreed. Hurley's one of my favorites. the whole ping pong thing was excellent.

but you need to hurry up and watch the new episodes! last weeks was good... and there's a new one on tonight :)
 

JoJoJO

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2006
Messages
483
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I need some help, can somebody tell me what was the purpose of the episode 14 because I am literally confuse about that episode.
 

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I need some help, can somebody tell me what was the purpose of the episode 14 because I am literally confuse about that episode.
I dont really know....but it was really freaky.
I mean they were buried alive for christsakes, and they did it pretty quickly as well!!

I wonder of they somehow survive....i mean weirder things have happened.
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

If that annoyed you than the 1st episode of the 3rd season must've annyoed you even more, when they revealed that the others had a complete village on the island.
When I read this I got totally confused! o.o

They got a village on this island...but the first episodes of the 3rd season played on another island right?

Still the size of the island itself is presented really strange..........

For example they only need a few days to cross a big part of the island which is in my opinion totally possible. Also on some beach scenes you can see biiig mountains faaaaaaaar away which leads to the impression that the isle must be super big.

But yeah strange that they never noticed anything of the others village and the pylons too. Same for the french woman who was living there for eternity...

Btw the episode said there is a kinda anomalie which makes it impossible to reach the island which the just destroyed beacon. The questions is now, how got dharma there...

Next thing is that ben said he lived his whole live on the island...which means they have nothing to do with dharma? Really strange...also didnt we see Ben at the airport too in one of the flashbacks... ?_?

Ah yeah last episode was kinda okay...but I dont know. So both of them found the minihatch and the others long ago but never told the other people of that...seriously really made up :s ^^

OH and...seeing lockes dad on the island was the lamest thing ever to happen...and I thought the claire/jack connection was already lame.
 

White Rabbit

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
546
Reaction score
112
Gender
Male
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

When I read this I got totally confused! o.o
They got a village on this island...but the first episodes of the 3rd season played on another island right?
Yeah, in the first episodes, Jack, Kate and Sawyer were on another island.
I was just refering to the beginning of "A tale of two cities" where we first see Juliet in her house with the muffins and the book-club etc.
That scene actually took place on the "original" island.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Sooooooo

Locke and the Others left? I honestly didn't think Locke could be such a turncoat. All because they kidnapped his father and told him the B.S. about the whole magical box thing.

SO apparently the black fog is a mystery to the Others as well and the "security gate" isn't really there to keep people out.
 

Fugitive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
278
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Yeah, I found that interesting that the "others," or at least Juliet, don't know what the black fog is.

I'm not surprised that Locke went turncoat. When presented with certain options, I think most, if not all of them, would do the same thing.

All that making nice for Sawyer and now Jack's coming back.
Too bad for Sawyer.

I didn't bother to read many of the old messages before mine, but has anyone suggested that the "real Sawyer" that James is looking for is actually Locke's dad?
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Fugitive!! I've been thinking about that too ^^ Locke's dad being 'Sawyer', I mean... Glad I'm not the only one :amuse

And I'm glad that it seems the other's don't know about the black fog, or at least have nothing to do with it... I don't want everything mysterious about the island to be explained in rational terms, that would be a let down, I think
 

holmes221

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
619
Reaction score
75
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

oohhh I wanna watch episode 17...
I really hate that Juliet. It's bad that Jack is in love with her now.

To me, black fog is definitely weird. What the hell that thing could be!!
Another mystery is what Ben plan to do? What is it that he wants from Jack's group...
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

LOST to end in 2010 www.tvseriesfinale.com

anyways with it raping up and the season finale suppose to be shocking i am in a good mood :) the only thing i dont like is the fact they are spreading out 2 seasons worth of episodes into 3 seasons ((from 5 seasons total to 6 total))
 
Top