TV The LOST Thread: [SPOILERS]

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hangout Thread v.15

I thought it was blondie's eye. Bah, can't believe it won't be back on until next year...

anyone kinda pissed how kate flip flopped? She went from, "WE GOTTA STOP JACK!!! HE'S CRAZY!!!! :onoz " to "OMG Jack, my baby, is your face ok? what happened? awwww...you poor baby, he beat you.... :wtf "
 
Last edited:

Cozend.Indigo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 14, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Hangout Thread v.15

Nah, thats not Sawyer's eye.....I don't think, it's always been Jack's.
And in response to your spoiler, Kate does that kind of thing you can't trust her at all.

Edit:We haven't said anything thats a spoiler yet without hiding it, but I'll stop talking about it now sorry.
 
Last edited:

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Hangout Thread v.15

As much as the House and Fringe season finales were awesomely epic, I still think Lost totally blew them out of the water. If nothing else, it had the biggest cliffie, that's for sure. :darn

anyone kinda pissed how kate flip flopped? She went from, "WE GOTTA STOP JACK!!! HE'S CRAZY!!!! :onoz " to "OMG Jack, my baby, is your face ok? what happened? awwww...you poor baby, he beat you.... :wtf "
Yes! Her wishy-washy crap drives me crazy. I can't believe she would change her mind so quickly about something of that magnitude. :notrust

And I thought for a minute that the Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Juliet love "square" was finally back to a triangle, but when Juliet somehow survived the fall to detonate the bomb, who the hell knows what anything is going to be next season? :wtf

But maybe we should be talking about this in the Lost Thread to avoid spoiling everyone? :sweat

//edit - Oops, I'm slow. Agrias beat me ^^;
 

Cozend.Indigo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 14, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Hangout Thread v.15

I meant juliette or whatever her name is. I tend to disregard names and give them my own nicknames...she's Big Boobs.
Haha well even if you had called her that, I can honestly say I have never noticed anyone's boobs on that show lol
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Re: Hangout Thread v.15

I thought it was blondie's eye. Bah, can't believe it won't be back on until next year...

anyone kinda pissed how kate flip flopped? She went from, "WE GOTTA STOP JACK!!! HE'S CRAZY!!!! :onoz " to "OMG Jack, my baby, is your face ok? what happened? awwww...you poor baby, he beat you.... :wtf "
What did you think about Jacob's flashbacks and his story in the finale? I think it was preety awesome, kinda felt sorry for Ben when jacob said " What about you?" and then ben stabs him.:(
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Cozend.Indigo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 14, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Hangout Thread v.15

What did you think about Jacob's flashbacks and his story in the finale? I think it was preety awesome, kinda felt sorry for Ben when jacob said " What about you?" and then ben stabs him.:(
AH!
Dude thats a big spoiler don't you think?
 

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hangout Thread v.15

here's a good read if you feel most of the epsiode went over your head...and even if you didn't, I find it hard to believe everyone knows what this guy is implying or keeps track of lost that well...

http://screenrant.com/lost-season-5-finale-review-discussion-rob-8424/

of course, it's spoiler heavy, so you've been warned.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Yes, I mean why these specific people? Why not other people apart from kate, Jack etc. Also did you notice something about when Jacob literally "touched" Locke when he fell through the window? When he touched him, it looked like he brought him back to life or something? Because he looked dead, and when Jacob touched his shoulder, it looked like he was brought back to life. He touched all of them apart of Ilana, but then again he persuaded her to come through verba lspeeches. Hmm..maybe I'm thinking a bit too deeply.

Exactly, I mean why play games like these? It's dangerous and it probably cost him his life ( we really don't know if he truly is dead or not). Compared to Jacob and his rival,Ben and Widmore don't even come close seen as what Jacob's rival has done, " you don't know what I've been through to get here". If he meant that it took me a long time to find someone to kill you,why not kill Jacob himself?

I agree that proving the wrong theory. What did his rival say that makes Jacob think otherwise? I think that Jacob wants to see if anyone DOESN'T " fight, destroy and corrupt" as his rival says, maybe that's why jacob is saying that he is wrong. As you know there are a lot of Ancient Egyptian mythologies in LOST. This is just my theory but try to understand:

When Ben went to be judged by the Monster, there were hieroglyphs which showed Sobek (Egyptian God,creator of the world and manking, the good) against the Smoke Monster (Anubis, demon of the underworld, the evil). Now, first thing first, the statue that Jacob resides in is a Sobek statue. We've seen Jacob do things right within the flashbacks, as he has saved kate, showed Sawyer the note, etc.

Now, Jacob's rival who is disguised as Locke COULD be the Smoke Monster (Anubis). We know that the Smoke Monster can transform itself into any person. Think about it, when ben went to be judged,Locke went away to look for a rope, and then the smoke monster appeared to judge Ben. How the hell did Locke know where the location of the smoke monster is? Only he knew and he led him there. Then you have Locke(Smoke monster, Anubis) telling Richard to tell the real Locke during that time loop paradox that he needs to die in order to bring back the Oceanic Six to the island. That was the Smoke Monster-Anubis telling them to do it,meaning that it's jacob's rival.

LOST is mainly about mythologies and ancient pasts. We've seen temples, we've seen " God loves you as he loved Jacob" again, pointing back to the Egyptian part. It's good to have a anicent-sci-fi tv series.

"It only ends once. Everything that happens before that is just progress.". I'm having a guess here but I think it means that the whole war between Jacob (Sobek) and his rival (Anubis) will end once and for all. I think Jacob is the one who put some people in 1977 and some in 2007. He WANTS the people in 1977 to blow up the Island, so in the future there won't be any "destruction, corruptions and fighting".

That's what he means by "everything that happens BEFORE, that is just PROGRESS" What ever happens in the past, changes the future, meaning progression. If the Island gets blown up, then there won't be an island in 2007. An end to war etc. Because one way or another, the Island will always be found due to pockets of electromagnetism etc.

Also 1 more thing, did you notice that Jacob looks ALOT similar to Aaron?
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

DAMN that was a great episode. Best Lost episode by far and way more suspensful than other finales. Loved Jacob's character, one of my favorites so far.


I still haven't taken it all in but what puzzled me the most was why Jacob's nemesis couldn't just kill him. It seems that whoever built that big temple put rules forbidding each side (Jacob being one, and the nemesis being the other) from killing each other. Probably making it impossible or placing a punishment on whoever breaks the rule.

Talking religion, Ben(jamin) was Jacob's son, making him part of Jacob's side and thus . So I believe all of what the nemesis planned was for manipulating Ben into killing Jacob. That's why I don't think Ben was useless in Jacob's eyes but probably the most important piece of all. After all, he's the only one able to kill him (so I believe his "what about you" wasn't belittling Ben but more of a if-only-you-knew..).

Gaaah, that's how confused I am right now. Probably have to re-watch it. Still a lot of questions remain.
Who are the people behind Jacob, nemesis (I am assuming his twin brother Esau?) and smoke monster? What about Claire and Christian, are they the smoke monster? Why didn't Jacob defend himself as if knowing there was no escape? Or doesn't it matter since the bomb changed everything? Will it?

Also, was what we saw of Jacob the future or the past? It seems like he was trying to correct Kate's path for instance.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Hangout Thread v.15

Oooh, this is a good read. I have to agree with this guy about Juliet's flashback and how it seemed superfluous. That was one thing that bothered me about the episode. But then I read through some of the comments and thought this one was kind of interesting:
I think that Juliette’s flashback was for more than just dialogue - it was to show that Jacob did not come to her.
I hadn't thought about that, but maybe there actually was more of a purpose to it than at first glance? I dunno. Maybe this person was reading too much into it.

Some more theories about Jacob's enemy if you're interested: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Jacob's_enemy/Theories

Also, another random thought... if the bomb detonation succeeds in avoiding the crash of 815 altogether, will all the characters on the plane who are now dead (Shannon, Boone, Michael, Libby, Charlie, etc...) be back? What, if anything, will be changed?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Also keep in mind that Juliette was the only person in the flashbacks who wasn't on Flight 815. That probably has more to do with it...but I suppose it doesn't really explain why it was shown...
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Jacob could be Aaron. He looks a lot similar to Aaron. I've read some theories about him being jacob, it could be well true. Claire just suddenlty decided to give up her baby. The Smoke Monster wanted (Esau) this so Aaron would not become to be Jacob on the island. Hmm..so confusing.
 

GAT-X252

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
2,363
Reaction score
3,047
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I don't think faraday's plan would work...whatever happened, happened.

They should listen to miles at least for once, doing nothing is the best option so far.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Re: Hangout Thread v.15

Oooh, this is a good read. I have to agree with this guy about Juliet's flashback and how it seemed superfluous. That was one thing that bothered me about the episode. But then I read through some of the comments and thought this one was kind of interesting:

I hadn't thought about that, but maybe there actually was more of a purpose to it than at first glance? I dunno. Maybe this person was reading too much into it.

Some more theories about Jacob's enemy if you're interested: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Jacob's_enemy/Theories

Also, another random thought... if the bomb detonation succeeds in avoiding the crash of 815 altogether, will all the characters on the plane who are now dead (Shannon, Boone, Michael, Libby, Charlie, etc...) be back? What, if anything, will be changed?
Yeah, I supoose so. As Jack said, the flight would land to los Angeles as intended, there would be no hatch to attract the plane crash etc. So the dead characters who were on the flight would still be alive because the past has changed meaning the future has as well.

Remember they wouldn't know each other and so on, carry on their lives.


I don't think faraday's plan would work...whatever happened, happened.

They should listen to miles at least for once, doing nothing is the best option so far.
I think it might work. Jacob said that it only ends once, anything before that it's just progress. I think he WANTS the Island in 1977 to blow up, so there wouldn't be an Island in the future meaning "ended once". All the events that are happening is before the "end once" thing, which is progression. The island blowing up is the progression, leading to a safer future.
 
Last edited:

GAT-X252

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
2,363
Reaction score
3,047
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I think Jacob was talking about the human nature and his consequences on the island. Mr.X/Esau/Black Shirt doesn't like at all the idea of people coming to the island while Jacob thinks there is always something good on that even if they "fight and corrupt".

Everything done so far by Faraday happened already in the present timeline and i think Eloise send the losties to the ajira plane so they can use the bomb in the middle of the "incident" in the past.

But of course that would end in his own son's death and that's the sacrifice she was talking about with Widmore.

But ok, let's say faraday's plan works, do you know how much the current timeline would be changed? i don't think that would happen in the climax of the struggle of Jacob and his enemy.

Anyway...i was happy to see Rose & Bernard living well and happy with vincent.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I think we can all agree that Rose, Bernard, and Vincent was just fanservice though. I doubt they'll even be seen in the final season.

I also wonder what the structure of the final season will be as well. Through the first three seasons there was always flashbacks (Save for the season 3 finale). In season 4 there were flashbacks and flashforwards. In season 5 there wasn't a need for either anymore due to the two different time periods. So where does it go from there? I guess that's not really an important question in the end since we still don't know what season 6 will be....
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Season 6 will mainly be about the ISLAND itself. How were the temples built? How do Jacob and his rival know about the Island, were they born on the Island? Who built the time wheel which Ben and Locke used? It's going to be mainly about how it was built, why it is so mysterious, why does the statue that Jacob reisdes in have 4 toes rather then 5?

Because the end episode was about Jacob, leading to more about the final Island itself. Why Jacob and Richard seem not to age? We already know about the Losties, the Others and the Dharma Initiative. Season 4 was about Widmore,his men and the Kahana. Season 5 was about the Dharma Initiative. Now Season 6 will answer those questions regarding the history of the Island and it's first inhabitants I.E. Jacob and his rival. :)
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Well yeah I suppose so, but if that's all that the final season will consist of, what happens to the main characters? I doubt seeing them all wiped out for the sake of having 17 episodes devoted to writing the story of the island in fine print. Locke is dead, so his connection to the Island and interest is gone.

And I think the statue having four toes may have a numerology connection, but most likely it was just to make it look odd...to raise the question about it among Lost fans, only because the show has a history of having intricacies. I think it doesn't have much significance. Now the reason for the statue, temples, and Ilana and Bram is a different story.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Well that's what I mean. I think the explosion has brought them to the past which show how the Island came about, about Jacob. They witness who Jacob is etc, who built the temples, the time wheel. Maybe the main characters have to face the consequences for trying to destroy the Island, maybe it's not supposed to be destroyed?

The main question is WHY. Why is the Island like this? Why can the Island do this? Is it because Jacob makes it special or was the Island special in the first place and WHY?

Because the Island can only move through time due to the wheel. Who built it and why? What's the purpose of it and how the hell was that person able to build something which can mess with time? As I said, it's going to be mainly about the Island, that's the last thing the producers would want to do, answer all the questions which are still left.You do know there are loads of questions left, even after 5 seasons of LOST. Well, to me it's still puzzling.

We already learnt everything about the main characters in Season 1,2,3 and even in Season 4 and 5. Gotta give some other characters screentime. There still hasn't been an exclusive episode about Richard, the longest living guy on the Island after Jacob. What still puzzles me is that why aren't they able to age?

Questions like these needs to be answered.

My opinion - I hope Ben becomes the official leader of the Island at the end of the series, he deserves it after what he has been through. Man I sympathize with characters like him :( Why does everyone hate him after all he has done? Sad in a way but he is a good guy, Widmore should be lucky that Ben didn't kill his daughter.
 
Last edited:

Amida

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 30, 2009
Messages
49
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

*Revives old thread*

Jacob wasn't on the island when the wheel and old ruins where built. Jacob landed on the island with (I call him Esau, the man who possessed Locke in the end of last season), which was probably on the old boat that had the dynamite in it. The ruins were probably when the Egyptians were a world power (due to the statue being Anubis, along with the hieroglyphics in the Smoke God's layer). That being said, Jacob didn't make the island like this, he just was 'chosen' by it. I call the other man Esau because he is jealous of Jacob, much like in the Bible or old Jewish scriptures. There's been lots of parallels between the Old Testament and Lost.

For Richard: I believe Richard is one of the original inhabitants of the island. It explains why he knows so much and acts like a guide; and possibly why he doesn't age. I wonder if you took off his socks he may have 4 toes....hahahaha.

Lost isn't following any time theory (to my knowledge)...it's making it's own and mixing others together. So I'm looking forward to see what they come up with!
 
Top