TV The LOST Thread: [SPOILERS]

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
That's something I noticed too. Maybe it has something to do with her connection to Aaron?
Does that mean Aaron is the kid that was getting chased by Flocke? Aaron was Jacob? :/

Anyway, something still remains a mystery. How is the MIB the smoke monster? How can he materialize etc? Was he born like that? Experimented? Did Jacob do this to him? Hopefully this will all be explained.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Does that mean Aaron is the kid that was getting chased by Flocke? Aaron was Jacob? :/

Anyway, something still remains a mystery. How is the MIB the smoke monster? How can he materialize etc? Was he born like that? Experimented? Did Jacob do this to him? Hopefully this will all be explained.
I didn't mean it in that way, but that's an interesting idea.

What I meant really was how Claire giving birth to Aaron was something of importance to the Others. Claire also being told by a "psychic" that only she could raise the child, and then him suddenly changing his mind (I bet Jacob may have visited that "psychic"). Now that Claire has turned to the darkness, Kate becomes more important in the child's life.

Maybe I'm just rambling with no point...
 
Last edited:

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Good point. I just saw the promo for the next episode(40 seconds lol) and it featured Claire and Jin. Claire caught a guy who was chasing Jin and tied up, and asked him a question about "where her son is". Damn, she's forgotten everything. Can't wait...

Also I'm starting to think Flocke may not be the bad guy at all. He seems...reasonable in what he is saying. He said he was trapped, just like the candidates are. He says he had a life just like all of them, and Jacob trapped him on the Island. That's why he killed him so he can go home. But at the same time, that kid told him he is breaking the rules by killing the candidates...is that kid another higher authority then Jacob and MIB?

As Richard said once, everyone answers to something.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Good point. I just saw the promo for the next episode(40 seconds lol) and it featured Claire and Jin. Claire caught a guy who was chasing Jin and tied up, and asked him a question about "where her son is". Damn, she's forgotten everything. Can't wait...

Also I'm starting to think Flocke may not be the bad guy at all. He seems...reasonable in what he is saying. He said he was trapped, just like the candidates are. He says he had a life just like all of them, and Jacob trapped him on the Island. That's why he killed him so he can go home. But at the same time, that kid told him he is breaking the rules by killing the candidates...is that kid another higher authority then Jacob and MIB?

As Richard said once, everyone answers to something.
I like to view Flocke as an exampe of the Antichrist. He's the Great Deceiver. He appeals to innermost desires of man. Sawyer is the best candidate for what Flocke wants to do (whatever that is), because he's the most primal IMO.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Flocke is definitely interesting. It's already been confirmed that there will be a flashback episode of Jacob and MIB when they were young, I'm guessing this is going to be one of the end episodes where most of the questions regarding who they are, what they are etc will be revealed.

It seems weird to watch Lost from Season 1 because, well, it doesn't tie in to anything to what we've been seeing lately.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Don't know why, but the recent episode seemed weak.
 

zagorka

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
419
Reaction score
209
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I disagree. I liked the recent episode, but it didn't move the plot much until the end.

Jacob intrigues me. This is the most screen time he's ever gotten I think, well at least for a long while.
 

GAT-X252

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
2,363
Reaction score
3,047
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Great episode.

I feel bad for the casualties, i thought they had more potential. Sayid is now a 100% Flocke pawn along Claire, i wonder how long it would take for Flocke to infect Jin, Sawyer and Kate.

Ilana's group had a great entrance, just in time to save Miles. Flocke now has total control of the groups of the island for the exception of Ilana's group, can't wait till next chapter.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
i wonder how long it would take for Flocke to infect Jin, Sawyer and Kate.
Sawyer's already been recruited, nemesis used his weakness (guilt towards Juliet's death) to convince him to join. Jin on the other hand seems to be aware of their evil and Kate seems to be some sort of free card, probably like a 3rd party that has a certain task maybe?

Ilana's group had a great entrance, just in time to save Miles. Flocke now has total control of the groups of the island for the exception of Ilana's group, can't wait till next chapter.
And Jack/Reyes, but then again those two are being "protected" by Jacob.


EDIT: In the end, did anybody know what the expression of Flocke was? Surprised? Indifferent? :/
 
Last edited:

GAT-X252

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
2,363
Reaction score
3,047
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Sawyer's already been recruited, nemesis used his weakness (guilt towards Juliet's death) to convince him to join. Jin on the other hand seems to be aware of their evil and Kate seems to be some sort of free card, probably like a 3rd party that has a certain task maybe?
But Sawyer and Jin doesn't have the "darkness" inside them like Claire and Sayid. They joined him by their own will.

I think Sawyer can deflect if something wrong happens when Sayid and Claire wouldn't.
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
GAT-X252 said:
But Sawyer and Jin doesn't have the "darkness" inside them like Claire and Sayid. They joined him by their own will.

I think Sawyer can deflect if something wrong happens when Sayid and Claire wouldn't.
That "darkness" thingy is quite complicated - I thought it's somewhat more physical/psychical approach to body rather than manipulation by Flocke. Seriously, Saiyd was brought back to life and I don't know why he was tested by Dagon, but from what this episode showed to us, Flocke controls his ppl by manipulation process:
- Saywer - running away from island
- Claire - telling her she will have her baby
- Saiyd - promising him to bring back Nadia
Jin and Kate are yet a free cards to play, but it doesn't need someone to be so called "infected", as to be a "follower" of Flocke methinks. Or at least this episode shown this like that, really ^^" I'm somewhat dissapointed with that "infection". <or in other words: they doesn't show any symptoms as those back than French ppl..> Or at least NOT now.

6x06
The story about how Saiyd becomes the pawn of Flocke :p
The alternative was quite nice, interesting plot with Nadia and brother of Sayid, as well as cameo <probably not the last one> with our "Kimi.. maro" xP About the things on island: to put it simply, they are just pro <3 Saiyd becomes the follower of Flocke, his on the dark side of force just because someone told him that will bring back Nadia <yeah, ahh that love>, Kate is of course stupif telling Claire about Aaron <I thought that Claire will throw at her some stone xP but heck, it's delayed xd>. Dogan and his subordinate are dead <I didn't expected them to die so fast, at least not until 10 episode>, Miles is nice <xd>, ENTER Ilana's group is just PRO <so she will be our new "leader" of others after Dogan's death, at least she knows sth about Jacob as she's his follower>, and the most awesome thing in the episode: the freakin annihilation by Flocke of the "others" and the end with "leader" and his followers, and that music, just epic <3
A little minus is about that "darkness" thingy, which I didn't like right now.

9/10

btw.sadly, it's 6 episode and I can't help but think that I'm sad about Locke being that xP I thought it was somewhat cool that he is the "chosen" one by the island, but this episode put him just as another guy.. candidate : (
btw2. I don't know why, but 2 short scenes with Ben <at least the one with Sayid the most> showed, that his character as a whole is "deteriorating" in this final season. It's not THAT one Ben that I like, now he's just some simple follower of Ilana.. I liked Ben who was just evil, scheming and such, who was saying "I always have a plan.". Season 6 is killing his character : (
btw3. if there would be somewhere Sawyer, I would give 10/10 for this episode, seriously xd
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
The best episode I've seen throughout Season 6. The flash sideways was the best for me, and the episode in general was awesome. I'm seriously starting to believe Flocke may be the good guy, all the guy wants to do is leave the Island. I don't see what's wrong with that...

Anyway, this episode has answered quiet a few questions. Flocke can only take form of people who are dead. So he took form of Christian(that's how he got Claire). Preety much 100% confirmed there. I was always confused by the Christian thing...but now it's been solved.

So far, Flocke has Sayid, Sawyer, Claire, and Kate. He's got 3 chosen ones there. Jack and Hurley are out somewhere, Jacob did the right thing by telling Hurley to get Jack out of the temple. And Sun is with Ilana and Jin is out somewhere. Wonder how Flocke is gonna get them on his side, especially Jack.

In a comic con interview, the LOST producers said Jack and locke go head to head in this season, which would imply Flocke trying to get Jack on his side. Can't wait, this episode finally had action! lol
 

zagorka

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
419
Reaction score
209
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Great episode. Now it makes me wonder what Jack and Hugo can do to protect themselves. They have Ilyana, Sun, Ben, The Pilot, and Richard to ally themselves with, but I wonder how they can protect themselves from the corrupted people on the island.

Kate is basically going to be corrupted as well in my opinion. It's only a matter of time. Jin as well I think.

Looks like the next episode will reveal a lot. I mean it should for Jack's sake, and Hugo's.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
But Sawyer and Jin doesn't have the "darkness" inside them like Claire and Sayid. They joined him by their own will.

I think Sawyer can deflect if something wrong happens when Sayid and Claire wouldn't.
I know, but seems as if Sawyer was claimed in another way than just dying (by simply accepting) so I don't expect Sawyer to change teams unless it's at the very end. Juliet is dead after all and he's "Lost" with no reason to join the good team (except maybe Kate?).
Not to mention he has never left the Island ever since he entered it, in a way doesn't that put him in the same positing as nemesis?

And I don't see Jin as being corrupted. He simply seems to play along until he can run away from Claire; his goal is only to find Sun again, probably keeping him "sane" or unaffected by nemesis.
 
Last edited:

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
DAMN! WHAT AN EPIC EPISODE!

I seriously love Ben episodes, this is the best Season 6 episode I've seen so far. This topped Sayid's one by miles. And Widmore coming to the Island, holy shit.

So I guess it's Jack, Hurley, Sun, Richard, Ben, Miles, Ilana, against Locke now. Locke has Sawyer, Sayid, Kate. This is going to be good...

Also does this mean the candidates are immortal? Since they can't be killed? And Richard, can't wait for the Ricahrd episode. So he did come in the Black Rock and was tied in the chains, and he was also touched by Jacob. So I guess the candidates cannot age aswell.
 
Last edited:

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Agreed, this episode was far better than last one. Loved the whole going old school with wandering through the jungle and building stuff so far. Yay for me predicting Jacob caring about Ben when he said "What about you" to him.
Another yay for Richard being the maint point of next episode (my guess, but the whole thing with Black Rock makes it obvious <.<)

One of the interesting points of this episodes was the fact that Ben's path changed in the alternative time line by choosing his daughter instead of power. But now that I think about it, so did the others (Locke for instance chose to settle for the next-best-thing instead of the stubbornness he's known for).
What I'm trying to say is, most of the candidates' path on the Island timeline seem to have been influenced by Jacob, so perhaps the real candidate might be the one whose path on the alternative and the "real" timelines don't differ.

Weapon_X said:
Also does this mean the candidates are immortal?
I wouldn't say immortal. Here's my "theory" about this whole game of theirs (the who might kill who aspect only): While Flocke seems to claim people after killing them, all Jacob has to do is touch them in a way (Flocke might have claimed Sawyer/Jaraad if he can claim by making them "accept" an offer).

The candidates seem to have a rule about them not aging and not being able to kill themselves / each other (immortal in a way, since them dying would make them join Flocke's team it would only be fair if Flocke's team had something to do with it) but they don't seem to be off-limit to Flocke's team or generally anyone outside the game.

And it seems like neither of the gamemasters can kill any of the teams, they need to persuade them into joining them instead or to free cards like Kate/Ben. My guess is the winner who has more survivers in the end after a certain point of time has been reached or one team is annihilated and gets his wish granted.
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Man, haven't been to this website in awhile, but I just needed to get a reaction down for the Richard episode. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if this episode turned out to be among the best three of the season (the Ben episode would also get one of those slots), and top ten of the entire show. They've finally definitively answered the question of the island's purpose, all while silencing/gibing a certain subcategory of fans. "This place is hell!" No, Richard, you're just talking nonsense. The writers have returned us to one of the standard theories of television: a majority of great, layered television will somehow be an extension of the Twilight Zone, which itself borrowed from weird fiction writers, though I suppose a microcosmic hell would have also fit that bill. Anyway, the underlying conflict of the show is similar to the plot of "the Howling Man." Some relatively human force imprisons evil incarnate, another human lets it loose, and the latter becomes the new caretaker...only for the process to be revealed as cyclical (I'm oversimplifying, so watch the episode). Of course, in Lost's case, Jacob was able to imprison evil incarnate for a far more substantive amount of time.

I'm not going to lie, the "reunion" made me tear up. This had little to do with the dialog written for Isabella and more to do with the sheer magnitude of the encounter, as Richard had lived 150 odd years wanting to reunite with her. Ironically, the only legitimate way for him to accomplish this in a full sense (yeah yeah, everyone "haunts" everyone, especially Hurley) is for him to die. Hopefully, he'll finally be able to RIP when they have their climactic conflict with Flocke (teehee, course correcting).

Finally, I can't wait for Flocke's con to blow up in his face. While O'Quinn is doing good job portraying MiB, I'm tired of people accepting him. Even if the con is obvious to us, more of the Losties should display better judgment. They know that the smoke monster killed Eko and has been frakking with them since the get-go. As such, they cannot trust these contrived rationalizations he's telling them. I guess Richard's remark that MiB is an unrepentant killer, regardless of how he polishes his acts, is another reason I liked this episode so much. More of the characters need to directly challenge Flocke's flimsy attempts to explain his position, especially since Flocke isn't allowed to kill some of them.

Hmm, Jacob mentioned the overall argument he was trying to prove to MiB. Do you think that an individual sacrificing his outside life in order to become the new caretaker would be enough to convince MiB? I mean, he's been challenged before, but usually kills those contrarians instead of accepting their arguments. With the candidates, that doesn't appear to be an option. MiB will actually have to hear them out rather than silence them.

p.s. The further we get, the more I think Desmond will be the next Jacob (no, I don't care if his name "isn't written" on some silly cave wall). Arrrgh, two more weeks until the Desmond episode.

p.p.s. Loved the penal colony, Gospel of Luke, Heinz dilemma (well, one step further), and dagger irony.

p.p.p.s. After revisiting the Adventures of Brisco County Jr, I am convinced that Cuse needs to use his magical wit and connections to get Bruce Campbell into one of this season's episodes.
 
Last edited:

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
So basically MIB believes that people who have commited crimes should be punished and that there's no way of redeeming themselves. And he believes is no second chances.

Jacob goes against this and he gives those people who have commited sins a second chance to redeem themselves and brings them to the Island, but the MIB kills them. However MIB cannot kill the candidates chosen by Jacob so he has to manipulate other people into killing the candidates OR he can manipulate the candidates into joining him.

At the end of the episode where MIB says he will also kill the candidates who replace Jacob aswell, this just shows he is pure evil. And that Jacob is good. The Losties don't understand the overall meaning but now, we as the fans do. This episode has cleared out who is good and who is evil.

Now we just need to know how Jacob and MIB came to have these powers, their backgrounds, how the hell did MIB become the smoke? etc Was Jacob sent to the Island by someone else to keep MIB in or what? Good stuff.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
this episode rocked ass. serious frikking ass is what was rocked.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
this episode rocked ass. serious frikking ass is what was rocked.
Nestor Campbell is a BRILLIANT actor. He did a fantastic job portraying Richard in the past, never knew the guy could act like that. :tem
 
Top