TV The LOST Thread: [SPOILERS]

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

from Charlie-Penny conversation, it seems that Penny doesn't know about Naomi nor ship nearby the island.
Then I must have gotten something wrong :S So these two guys were Naomi, hmm.

So ummm, Jack's dad was not dead (in the future the dad seemed to still be there). Then who the hell was he carrying? It could very possibly be that he was so out of it that he just said anything.

The phone Jack was carrying in the future on the plane was a Motorola KRZR k1m. That came out in late 2006, and LOST's story started around late 2004, meaning about 2 years have passed. So what happens in between? Or maybe just a fluke?

Of course now remains two questions more from the finale (probably more): Who was in the box, and is the new boat there to save them or kill them all?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Jack mentioning that his Dad was still around was intentional. He said it when he was high on Oxy Codone, so take it with a grain of salt. This made you believe that it was definitely a flashback, but in the end it was a trick that was intentional.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I think the island's secret is that Wolverine's manjuice is in the watersupply, or at least the Dharma water bottles; take that Poland Spring!

I didn't understand why Charlie had to go, it made no sense, especially with his realization.

But whatever, hopefully they are actually rescued.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

*thread revival*

so, the 4th season premiere was earlier tonight. what did everyone think?

i like that it was a hurley episode :)
 

pep

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

i love hurley man, he´s just great

lost rules, the new episode was just great, but i cant believe after all this waiting... i have to wait again!
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Interesting episode. It seems the theory that there would be no more flashbacks was true, replaced by flashforwards.

What does still annoy me about last season's finale is that fact that Charlie didn't need to die, he could have shut the door from the outside...it was suicide in the end to me.

Also what was interesting was Hurley apologizing to Jack in the flashforward that he should have went with Jack instead of Locke. Viewers up until that point were probably assuming that Locke was the correct one, but because Hurley said that...what does it mean? Weird stuff.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Interesting episode. It seems the theory that there would be no more flashbacks was true, replaced by flashforwards.

What does still annoy me about last season's finale is that fact that Charlie didn't need to die, he could have shut the door from the outside...it was suicide in the end to me.

Also what was interesting was Hurley apologizing to Jack in the flashforward that he should have went with Jack instead of Locke. Viewers up until that point were probably assuming that Locke was the correct one, but because Hurley said that...what does it mean? Weird stuff.
couldn't agree more about charlie. wtf?! :s

i liked this episode :) i think i am liking the flashforwards as well. it puts a new spin on the show and, hopefully, will breathe some new life into it. they are raising new questions, as usual. hurley's comment about going with jack was surprising to me as well. i can't wait to see who the "rescue" crew are and what their "primary objective" actually is...

i think i am most curious to find out whose funeral jack went to in the season 3 finale, but this will probably not be revealed for quite a while :(
 

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Well it seems this flash forward was a while behind season3 finale's flash forward.
But both flash forwards seem to come to the same conclusion. Both of them say that 'have' to go back.

Also the Oceanic 6? Who are they. So far we know three of them...Jack, Kate and Hurley, but who are the other three? Was the funeral that Jack went to one of them?
As usual more questions....
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Well it seems this flash forward was a while behind season3 finale's flash forward.
But both flash forwards seem to come to the same conclusion. Both of them say that 'have' to go back.

Also the Oceanic 6? Who are they. So far we know three of them...Jack, Kate and Hurley, but who are the other three? Was the funeral that Jack went to one of them?
As usual more questions....
It would have to be, I think. Since it seems Hurley's flash forward didn't go as far ahead in time as Jack's in the Season 3 finale. We can infer this because Jack is still working as a doctor, but there's even more evident by the fact that Jack doesn't agree with Hurley that the "Have to go back".


I think Sawyer might be one of them too. In the season 3 finale Kate said "He might find out I'm away", or something to that effect. Who else would Kate be with if it wasn't Jack?
 
Last edited:

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

It would have to be, I think. Since it seems Hurley's flash forward didn't go as far ahead in time as Jack's in the Season 3 finale. We can infer this because Jack is still working as a doctor, but there's even more evident by the fact that Jack doesn't agree with Hurley that the "Have to go back".
<hr noshade size="1">
I think Sawyer might be one of them too. In the season 3 finale Kate said "He might find out I'm away", or something to that effect. Who else would Kate be with if it wasn't Jack?
i wonder what happens between hurley and jack's fastforwards that makes jack realize that they have to go back. as for sawyer being there, i think this is a possibility. he is probably the man that kate is referring to. i still just want to know whose funeral that is, though. it is someone whose death was seemingly devastating to jack. also, kate wondered why jack thought she might go to the funeral of this person. for some reason, i think it might be juliet....probably way off, though.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I'm thinking that maybe it's Rose's funeral? Remember that Rose wants to stay on the Island regardless of what happens since her cancer went away when they crashed there. Maybe Bernard doesn't make it out alive. Jack might have convinced her to leave the island, and her cancer came back when she left.

Well she probably had love ones so that rules her out, since Jack was along at the funeral.

Also when Kate was handed the clipping to her by Jack, she kind of responded disgustingly like, "Why would I go to THAT?" So it was probably someone she didn't like. That may point to it being Juliet or possibly Ben. But I still don't see Ben being cried over by Jack, unless he was saddened that Ben was the only link back to the island.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

rose actually didn't even cross my mind. she and bernard did join jack's group, so it could be possible that she left the island, but i think it's unlikely that it is her funeral.

But I still don't see Ben being cried over by Jack, unless he was saddened that Ben was the only link back to the island.
yeah, i don't see jack crying over ben either unless something happens between the present (on the island) and jack's fastforward that we are unaware of.
 

OhDearMoshe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
679
Reaction score
21
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Well Episode Two has aired and wow it seems to be picking up the pace a bit. I'm quite intrigued to know why they want Ben dead. Perhaps there are a lot of DHARMA still out there looking for revenge.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

The most interesting thing to me was the part of the flashback that featured Charlotte. Why was there a polar bear skeleton in the middle of Africa?
 

OhDearMoshe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
679
Reaction score
21
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

The most interesting thing to me was the part of the flashback that featured Charlotte. Why was there a polar bear skeleton in the middle of Africa?
Maybe there's more DHARMA stations out there. On the collar it looks like its a tree or some form of multi headed snake. Couldn't be the Hydra station could it?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Well I don't know the emblems of the stations by heart. Another DHARMA station elsewhere than the island makes little sense to me. Even in the African wilderness, a research station couldn't stay secret for long. I think it may have something to do with teleportation.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

seen the first episode... was not impressed.

downloading second now.
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Typical lost episode, throwing in as many questions as possible but not answering anything. I bet at the end of Lost 50% of all question wont be answered. However I liked this episode. I want to know more about Waldt and I liked the Kidney reference.
 

Amatersu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
152
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Waldt was most likely the black monster. If you remember in season 2, Mr. Echo or Ecku saw his brother but when he pissed his "brother" off, it turns out it was the black monster which then proceeded to beat him to death. Of course, it could be that Jacob and the black monster are working together or something, but I don't think so since the Black monster kills off the Others as well, and they follow Jacob. Also, I think the funeral could've been Sawyer's or maybe Benjamin as was said.

We can't say for certain that people in Jack's camp get off, because Hurley is one of the 6 and he went with Locke. I'm thinking it might be Sayid since he really wants to get to Irvine. Plus, I think he could fly a chopper.

Also, it said Dharma on the polar bear's collar. Personally, I think Dharma just dumped the bear in the desert, or maybe Dharma goes back farther in history than we think.

I don't know if anyone remembers this, but in one episode when they're out at sea, a shark swims by the camera. If you pause it, you can see the Dharma logo on the shark fin. Ahhh...too many questions, but I am liking the flash-forwards, it's a pretty cool plot device. It's also fun to see Ben getting the snot beat out of him like every episode. Really don't like his character.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Waldt was most likely the black monster. If you remember in season 2, Mr. Echo or Ecku saw his brother but when he pissed his "brother" off, it turns out it was the black monster which then proceeded to beat him to death. Of course, it could be that Jacob and the black monster are working together or something, but I don't think so since the Black monster kills off the Others as well, and they follow Jacob. Also, I think the funeral could've been Sawyer's or maybe Benjamin as was said.
The only scenario I can maybe see is if Kate had a falling out with Sawyer before they left the island. It would make sense that Sawyer would die/be killed due to his lifestyle prior to crashing on the Island, and him having no guests at his funeral sort of make sense. I don't know if I see Jack crying over his death though. Maybe he would cry at anything since at the point of the flashforward, he's clearly emotionally unstable, but I still don't see him crying over Sawyer. I would see Kate crying over him, that's why her saying "Why would I go?" to Jack when he showed her the newspaper clipping. Sawyer must have really did some shitty things for Kate to be disgusted by him. Maybe he killed someone to get off the island?...I don't know.

I think it's more likely that the person Kate has to get back to is Sawyer.

We can't say for certain that people in Jack's camp get off, because Hurley is one of the 6 and he went with Locke. I'm thinking it might be Sayid since he really wants to get to Irvine. Plus, I think he could fly a chopper.
Sayid wants to get to Irvine?...California? What? :blink

I don't remember that at all. Sayid may or may not be able to fly a chopper. However, unless they find fuel for it on the Island, stealing the Chopper from Daniel's group would be pointless to me. They couldn't go anywhere far.

Also, it said Dharma on the polar bear's collar. Personally, I think Dharma just dumped the bear in the desert, or maybe Dharma goes back farther in history than we think.
Dumped the bear in the desert? Meh, why do that if they have a secret island to bury it some place? I think it's more likely that it's the result of some sort of teleportation phenomenon, or they hade stations that were precursors to the islands.

I don't know if anyone remembers this, but in one episode when they're out at sea, a shark swims by the camera. If you pause it, you can see the Dharma logo on the shark fin. Ahhh...too many questions, but I am liking the flash-forwards, it's a pretty cool plot device. It's also fun to see Ben getting the snot beat out of him like every episode. Really don't like his character.
I actually like Ben, he's the atypical antagonist...and the way Lost is going, he may not even turn out to be an antagonist after all.
 
Top