TV The LOST Thread: [SPOILERS]

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I found it quite interesting that Locke's still demanding to know what the monster/black cloud is. I'd almost forgotten about it because we haven't seen it in a while! And that puzzles me somewhat because they seem to be trekking through the jungle more and more.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I found it quite interesting that Locke's still demanding to know what the monster/black cloud is. I'd almost forgotten about it because we haven't seen it in a while! And that puzzles me somewhat because they seem to be trekking through the jungle more and more.
There's a trend of the Black Cloud only appearing when a person is alone in the Jungle for some reason. And I bet that Ben knows what the thing is...I think he's still lying for some reason. I'd bet it might be some sort of extension of Jacob.
 

Amatersu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
152
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

There's a trend of the Black Cloud only appearing when a person is alone in the Jungle for some reason. And I bet that Ben knows what the thing is...I think he's still lying for some reason. I'd bet it might be some sort of extension of Jacob.
Totally agree, I think they must have some connection.

Going back to your previous post, we don't know what happens between the rescue mission and when they're back. Anything could happen. That could be anyone's funeral. Heck, it might even be one of the "rescuer's" funerals.

And Sayid wants to go to Irvine because that's where the CIA or FBI tells him that the girl he loved back in Iraq is. She was the "terrorist" who he helped escape and was searching for ever since he got out of the republican guard.

Teleportation is a good theory, since Desmond magically ended up in the jungle, naked, after being at ground zero for a big explosion. Though it would make more sense to me that Dharma was conducting experiments in the desert because I mean it's a desert. Few people are there.

Ben is for sure hiding what he knows. He must know what Jacob really is or have some inkling of it.
 

OhDearMoshe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
679
Reaction score
21
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

There's a trend of the Black Cloud only appearing when a person is alone in the Jungle for some reason. And I bet that Ben knows what the thing is...I think he's still lying for some reason. I'd bet it might be some sort of extension of Jacob.
According to the writers we were looking at the Black Smoke but probably didn't realise it in the episode titled "The 23rd Palm" (Episode were Eko dies)
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

the polarbear skeleton wore a collar with a dharma symbol on it.
and in the middle, was that Yamata no Orochi?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

According to the writers we were looking at the Black Smoke but probably didn't realise it in the episode titled "The 23rd Palm" (Episode were Eko dies)
No, I thought it was fairly obvious that it killed Eko.


Totally agree, I think they must have some connection.

Going back to your previous post, we don't know what happens between the rescue mission and when they're back. Anything could happen. That could be anyone's funeral. Heck, it might even be one of the "rescuer's" funerals.
Good point. :thumbs

And Sayid wants to go to Irvine because that's where the CIA or FBI tells him that the girl he loved back in Iraq is. She was the "terrorist" who he helped escape and was searching for ever since he got out of the republican guard.
Ah, thanks for jogging my memory concerning that part of Sayid's backstory.

Teleportation is a good theory, since Desmond magically ended up in the jungle, naked, after being at ground zero for a big explosion. Though it would make more sense to me that Dharma was conducting experiments in the desert because I mean it's a desert. Few people are there.

Ben is for sure hiding what he knows. He must know what Jacob really is or have some inkling of it.
YES, that proves my point even more it seems.

I think it's interesting that Ben, even at the very real threat of being shot in the head by Locke, still lied about the Black Cloud. Well maybe he actually doesn't know what it is, but he's aware that Jacob knows about it.
 
Last edited:

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

There's a trend of the Black Cloud only appearing when a person is alone in the Jungle for some reason. And I bet that Ben knows what the thing is...I think he's still lying for some reason. I'd bet it might be some sort of extension of Jacob.
i like this theory :)

the polarbear skeleton wore a collar with a dharma symbol on it.
and in the middle, was that Yamata no Orochi?
nope, it's a hydra. Also see the Lernaean Hydra from greek mythology. anyway, the snake doesn't have 8 heads like the Yamata no Orochi, only 6 ;)
 

OhDearMoshe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
679
Reaction score
21
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

No, I thought it was fairly obvious that it killed Eko.
I was thinking perhaps they were hinting that it was more something to do with another character or perhaps something to do with something seen in that episode. I don't know I don't remember the episode all to well to be honest.

I do like the Extension of Jacob theory though.
 

Amatersu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
152
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

One thing I want to know, is why the island didn't heal Naomi like it did...everyone who didn't suffer a fatal wound. Right now, that looks like real confirmation that those people are there to hurt people. Of course, the fact that only 6 people got off was another clue =D
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

One thing I want to know, is why the island didn't heal Naomi like it did...everyone who didn't suffer a fatal wound. Right now, that looks like real confirmation that those people are there to hurt people. Of course, the fact that only 6 people got off was another clue =D
Maybe, but I doubt that this group will have anything to do with the Oceanic 6 getting off the island. In Jack's and Hurley's flash-forwards, it hints that Oceanic Airlines gave some sort of compensation to those that survived (e.g. Jack's pass to fly anywhere for free). Whoever is behind the group is probably much more sinister than even Ben. My theory is that Ben led a mutiny to take control of the island from DHARMA and that Dan's people trying to reclaim it. I think at least have some ties to DHARMA, or they're DHARMA themselves. That black guy posing as someone from Oceanic Airlines in Hurley's episode was also featured in the flashback of Dan's group.
 

Amatersu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
152
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Maybe, but I doubt that this group will have anything to do with the Oceanic 6 getting off the island. In Jack's and Hurley's flash-forwards, it hints that Oceanic Airlines gave some sort of compensation to those that survived (e.g. Jack's pass to fly anywhere for free). Whoever is behind the group is probably much more sinister than even Ben. My theory is that Ben led a mutiny to take control of the island from DHARMA and that Dan's people trying to reclaim it. I think at least have some ties to DHARMA, or they're DHARMA themselves. That black guy posing as someone from Oceanic Airlines in Hurley's episode was also featured in the flashback of Dan's group.
Uh yeah dude, Ben did that. He met...one of the others when he was a kid, the guy who went ashore to recruit Juliet. Then, when Ben was in his 20s or something, he helped the others kill off everyone in Dharma by using gas. Tonight's episode raised a lot of questions. I won't post anything here, since you need to see it! It was awesome.

But yeah, I agree that it could be Dharma's remnants or at least their military side or something. They could be like Darpa...
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

holy crap. last night's episode was awesome! i kind of knew (hoped) sayid would end up being one of the oceanic 6, but to have him working as an assasin for ben once off the island was a big surprise. aargh, so many questions! why would sayid work for ben? who are these people they're killing? what event was ben referring to in which sayid thought with his heart first instead of his gun?

oh well, now we know for sure that the oceanic 6 got large settlements.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Yeah, I'm pretty speechless regarding last night's episode.

I think that Ben might not be counted as one of the Oceanic 6, since he wasn't on the flight. It might be the same deal with Juliet, Desmond, Ben's Daughter and her boyfriend (forgot names), and Rousseu. So there might be more than six people who got off the Island in the end.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Yeah, I'm pretty speechless regarding last night's episode.

I think that Ben might not be counted as one of the Oceanic 6, since he wasn't on the flight. It might be the same deal with Juliet, Desmond, Ben's Daughter and her boyfriend (forgot names), and Rousseu. So there might be more than six people who got off the Island in the end.
i agree. most likely only the people who were on the flight are deemed the oceanic 6. unless something happens on the freighter he is being transported to, i think desmond has a pretty good chance of making it back home. after all, he has someone with deep pockets and a lot of resources actively searching for him.

and fyi, ben's adopted daughter and boyfriend are alex and karl, respectively :)
 

Amatersu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
152
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I think it was stated in the last few minutes that Ben and Sayid are hunting down the people behind the "rescuers." We know that Ben has the resources to pull off international revenge, his secret room of passports and money was full on Bourne like. Ben's getting off can be sort of explained considering that the "rescuers" main objective is him. And also his spy is on the ship. For all we know, it's the head honcho there. And he isn't one of the 6 since he isn't on the flight list. It'd be weird to have a guy pop up who shouldn't be there.

I think ben's Heart thinking comment related to Sayid and his old love who was said to be living in Irivine CA. It was probably the first time he fell in love after a while, and let it cloud his judgment by not killing the new girl before she shot him. Since Sayid isn't living with the first love, I think the "rescuers"(sorry I don't know what to call them. others is taken =D) did something to her.

I just loved the part where the chopper guy was talking to Jack about Sayid. he was like he doesn't look tough or something and Jack was like, he was a torturer. It was a in yo face moment =D.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

ive been supersick the last few days so i havent been to work and ive been bored to my skull.
so i found a site where you can watch all Lost episodes online, http://www.lost-stream.com/

and im rewatching it, cause im bored.
and i dont know if it was cause i didnt pay attention the first time i saw this series or if its cause i know whats going to happen but damn, its actually well thought out.
and i found new stuff that i missed the first time as well.
my favorite thing is after the raft is destroyed, Michael and Sawyer are being chased by a shark cause Sawyer is bleeding from his shoulder. that shark has a frikkin Dharma tattoo on it. i mean WTF?
and another fav, one of Hurleys flashbacks. he's in the airport trying to get on the plane.
the camera pans past some girls wearing sport jerseys with numbers on them...
4 8 15 16 23 42, are the only ones with their backs to the camera and they're standing in that order.
lovely isnt it?

see if i can find a screen from it....


found the girls:




and here we have the shark:





thats just beyond weird, what the fuck is dharma doing?
 
Last edited:

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I think it was stated in the last few minutes that Ben and Sayid are hunting down the people behind the "rescuers."
that's kind of what i suspected, but i must've missed them talking about it. i think i may have still been in shock that sayid was working for ben. maybe i'll have to rewatch that part ;)

the camera pans past some girls wearing sport jerseys with numbers on them...
4 8 15 16 23 42, are the only ones with their backs to the camera and they're standing in that order.
lovely isnt it?
i don't think i noticed this one on my first go. i've been thinking that i need to rewatch all the episodes sometime to see if i can catch some of the details that i missed, but it would just take so long. i guess being sick does free up a lot of time, though. i'm a bit under the weather right now myself, but not sick enough to keep me away from work. anyway, hope you feel better :)
 

Amatersu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
152
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

If you look closely at episodes, all the numbers in the series contain either 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. In the latest one, there was a street sign that had 8-15, 8-16 on it. I found a site or a thread somewhere once, where people listed all the sightings of these numbers. It's truly crazy.
 

OhDearMoshe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
679
Reaction score
21
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

If you look closely at episodes, all the numbers in the series contain either 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. In the latest one, there was a street sign that had 8-15, 8-16 on it. I found a site or a thread somewhere once, where people listed all the sightings of these numbers. It's truly crazy.
The writers have carefully plotted out pretty much all of the plot and where it will go and what needs to happen, they have a Beginning Middle and an End as well as so much fleshed out Its quite terrifying really if you think about it.
 
Top