Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Ok, I have an exam at 8 AM (in 1 hour, Argentina time of course). I don't know a shit (sorry about that). Literally.

Same happened to me 4 months ago. I'm a smart person, I know it. I've been told that since I was like 5. But this is really hard for me. I can't just sit down and study. I'm all alone, I've los my study partners (cause I failed this 2 subjects), none of my childhood friends are studying the same as I am (though I spent time with some of them every day), and I'm living nowadays 120 km away from my parents.

Plus, I've been feeling that I've lost this 18 years of life... tough life.

But I'm not done yet. Never.

I need advice from random and unkown people. Thank you.
I guess I'm pretty much the same...now I don't know what's your aim in...let's say life...but if you would like to feel good, then search for something that makes you happy, or meet new people...something to balance out or exceed the study disappointments...I do that, and I'm just fine...of course I'm in a situation and I have the personality that allows me to not care that much, but the basic idea is still true I think...

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Guys I need help...

Being the loveless hap and very extremely confused person about love and what not. I actually googled how and if I should tell someone that I have feelings for her and while I was reading the Article, that same exact girl called me... Now I am confused if this is a sign or what...


UGH... .-.
Don't rely on google...some articles might be okay, most of them are dumb, and you won't get the courage either way...I think you need to make sure if your feelings are genuine though and not the sort of feelings that you would get with other girls you would hang out a lot (more than normal?:blink) with...
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Eiji, good luck with your studies! Usually I know how to make myself feel better for the most part, when there is no one/even if there is someone to talk to. Things like listening to music, watching a movie, or just sitting there and embracing my feelings. It sounds a bit confusing maybe, I'm not sure for others, but sometimes I like this alone time when I'm sad... Just learn to deal with your emotions. I'm an emotional person and sometimes my emotions get the best of me, they make me unable to study or work. So just find a way to make yourself feel calm and you'll be okay. (I feel like all I've said sounds like "blah-blah", but I hope it makes sense. O.O)

Kevin, go get the girl! :cheerbunny But listen to Lori, if you're not sure you like her that much, it's pointless. Try to be more around her. If she's calling you, I don't think she would mind hanging out one-on-one. And do you two actually hang out often, just the two of you?
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I know my feelings for her but I don't know how to ask her on a date/tell her but, I was given some advice about it :D
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Just be all "hey [name], wanna go watch this movie that looks good with me later?"
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Just be all "hey [name], wanna go watch this movie that looks good with me later?"
This is always nice for a date, but I'm glad you already got some advice on it, Kevin.

:hug
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Eiji, those things will be good for your independence, imo!
I used to have a really hard time to focus (I still do, whenever I'm not totally into what I have to do) and some instrumental songs used to help me a lot, I could concentrate better while listening to them. Maybe that will help?^^
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I confess I feel great and I'll be going on a looooong hiatus. Might make an appearance sometimes, but not very often. Gonna be veeeery busy with life.

I wish you all the best people! :bye
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Best of luck with your life, Adichichi!


I confess I'm fucking miserable in this goddamn apartment for some reason. I've gone with the assumption of bad lighting, creating a dark atmosphere.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Best of luck with your life, Adichichi!


I confess I'm fucking miserable in this goddamn apartment for some reason. I've gone with the assumption of bad lighting, creating a dark atmosphere.
Buy a lamp

 
Last edited by a moderator:

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess I just finished Portal 2 and god that game was fun. The final section was perfectly done (even though I skipped over dialogue because I'd react immediately to the game events.) And damn, GLaDOS does remind me of my older sister. It's scary.

So, it took my since July to finish. Yes I am a slowpoke.

Now onto trying to get some sleep. I had a midterm and assignment due today that I didn't get nearly enough sleep before. So now I need to catch up on the deficit...
 

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
I confess a certain band is making me sound like a 15y old fangirl when thinking about it (Abney Park).
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Buy a lamp

I did.

---------- Post added September 30, 2012 at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was September 28, 2012 at 05:43 PM ----------

I confess I'm confused as to why my new signature did not appear in the posts I made before the new signature when it usually shows the change...

right?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,765
Reaction score
26,124
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I confess - I'm really beginning to be bothered by my bad memory problems.
Yesterday was such a fail.... :arf
 

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
I confess something good and something bad happened to me.
(you can see both in my thread)
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess that nothing is more distressing than a privileged child telling me that she doesn't want her taxes to go to welfare because welfare recipients are "all druggies".

When she hasn't worked a day in her life and I have been working since I was fucking 15 years old.

I see this moron crying out that she shouldn't have to pay welfare of the undesirables, when I have to work my ass off to help my unfortunate parents who would be called undesirables. It's just so upsetting, that there's this total disconnect between actions and consequences.

And I just think of how my Grandpa said that he never wanted to ever see someone starving on the streets again.

Why is there so much ignorant recklessness and hate in the world?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Because her parents have not taught her any better. put her with the welfare recipients for a month and she's likely gonna change her mind and start appreciating the money she has.


I confess that one of my motivation for getting rich is to help out the homeless by constructing homes where they can live in for free. Homelessness and hunger should never exist, and there'd be way less of it if the wealthy contributed.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess I took my midterm and think it went really well! Very happy it worked out!

I'd say her parents taught her exactly what I'd expect. She's the daughter of a agribiz small company. However, considering how they run the business in Humboldt, I think it's a mediocrity (I've been near Silicon Valley biz and it's much more cut-throat). Regardless, she's using her father's complaining about how he has to pay more to cover his employees and that the same money he pays goes to the wacky hippies growing pot in the forest. Her solution? Drug test everyone who gets food stamps and throw them in a facility (and basically cut off all aid).

I was just horrified. Pragmatically, using the word "drug" is very general. I dinged her on how coffee and cigarettes are drugs and she twitched and practically tried to run to the door (I'm also a little ticked that this is an unfortunate result of the DARE movement. Kids are ignorant of what drugs are: compounds and molecules used for a particular pharmaceutical effect. The result is puritanical "all drugs are bad and alcohol is not a drug", up to the point that many college students jump to the opposite extreme because "hey this drug feels good, why was I told I would swell up and explode if I did it, so I'll just do more and more and..". The reality is neglected in this peculiar American morality complex over pharmaceuticals. Honestly, I've never done a stronger drug than tylenol and coffee and that's because right now I don't want to introduce something in my life that I could lose control over, like how I don't want a boyfriend. But associating morality with drug use is crazy.)

Tangent aside, I was pissed with her because people generally use drugs to ease the pain of their life. The worse the circumstance, the easier to get addicted to the few good things you have left. So these people need help - medical, employment, housing, etc. We can't eliminate people because of this insane morality standard.

As for her situation, I outlined that in her area, the reason why there might be people who are always "high on pot and remaining on welfare" is that there is a nuisance black market industry of growing pot there. The solution is not to cut off these people but to remove the attractive nuisance. But she ran away from that because she had to have her morality complex.

At the core of it all, it's the strange, almost abused, attitude that "if I could achieve the American Dream for myself and my life is full of pain, then why can't they? I never used drugs or government help!"

It's sickening, because there is a failure to recognize their own situation. They were fundamentally lucky. If everyone could achieve what they had, we wouldn't be having the unemployment problem. The system is rigged, but they like to declare "it's easy!". It isn't. I see this every day that my employed 20-something brother gets anonymous recruiters asking for meetings and my 50-something parents get turned away from positions because they are too old and "can't possibly know any of the new tech" (which is ludicrous, because the principles behind the tech industry have never changed. There are new products, new technologies, but the fundamental discipline hasn't changed.)

Everyone is fiscally conservative on everything but their interests these days. And one of the most distressing things I heard last night is "if I choose what charities my money goes to, I should be able to choose who my taxes go to."

It's this strange "I don't have to help anyone, you can't make me" and "I want to only support the purest Americans who are white, evangelical single mothers with three kids who do no drugs" attitude. Because of fear that they will be fools for giving "hard earned money" to people who will live on the given dime and do nothing. Just like the fear that terrorists could attack, so we must search everyone from a Middle-Eastern country.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Congrats on your midterm! =D

She really claims she's achieved the American Dream? How? Why would she think that? She's done absolutely nothing but use her father's money, right? She has no right to think she's entitled to anything when she's worked for nothing. In any case, I think it's a horrible logic to say all druggies don't have jobs or don't do anything.

How old is she? Has she even experienced life or is she just going with the popular opinion/what her parents told her? Though, views on drugs are ironic or contradictory. ALmost no one will consider pharmaceutical drugs as drugs, but as medicine because we associate the drugs with making us better. Hell, alcohol and caffeine aren't associated with drugs because they either help us or is a more social thing. But things like pot (which is probably a safe drug) and cocaine get labeled as drugs? You could argue there's bad drugs and good drugs, but to dismiss drugs prescribed by doctors is just stupid and close minded.

Bad logic is bad logic. She's probably been sheltered a lot.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I confess that - "The working man's day, we just piss it away. Leave it out in the weather."

That's how I felt after snoozing through that debate the other night.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I confess that earthforge might be one of the genuinely most intelligent persons I've come across. At least on an online forum.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top