Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I confess that my mother told me she was fired today and I'm really scared of the consequences. She's 54 so it will be damn hard to find a new job. Doesn't help that her fuckin boss totally dislikes her and said that she will never lay foot into this banking house again. He told her the management wasn't pleased with her, she asked who exactly and mentioned a few names who definitely don't and in the end he said "yeah, it's 90% my decision" :fail
That damn ass...
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Sorry to hear, older Kev. Can you sue the boss or the company or go to the higher power and appeal the decision? You should be able to do something about this, unless Germany doesn't deal with this. I know it sucks in terms of defense against stalkers. :\
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess that my mother told me she was fired today and I'm really scared of the consequences. She's 54 so it will be damn hard to find a new job. Doesn't help that her fuckin boss totally dislikes her and said that she will never lay foot into this banking house again. He told her the management wasn't pleased with her, she asked who exactly and mentioned a few names who definitely don't and in the end he said "yeah, it's 90% my decision" :fail
That damn ass...
That boss needs to... I've seen this behavior before and it makes me get downright murderous. But that's just my thoughts.

The only way to get back at him is by bringing in a bigger bully that can bully him into submission. This can only be done by getting someone who is more connected to get on this guy's case or pursuing legal action. If you choose legal action, do it ASAP. If there is any emails, phone calls, or whatnot, try to get them together as evidence.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I confess that I would totally be your roommate if I wasn't 1293802983029 miles away. :arf
It's the thought that counts. :crying

I bet you'd be my first real best female friend (shouldn't sound so complicated o.o). ^^


And so, as of today, for the next four years I will be
A student in Sofia University! \o/ Gonna study Past and Present of Southeastern Europe. Guess which subject I hated the most in school, even more than maths... Yep, it was history. xD But I'm a bit interested in it, to be honest, because this would be my chance to be a bit better at history, also I'll be learning a bit of Greek, Turkish, Romanian and English. So Sakura, Bene, Alkis and Gumi... I need you. xD It's good that I have a half-Greek, half-Bulgarian friend too. And also, there's this thing that... There will probably be more boys in this major. :hurr

And so, somehow, I feel happy. ^^


Nii-chan! :comfort I'm sorry things turned out that way.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I confess I have insomnia.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I'm scared shitless for the expense this upcoming year.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess I've had the shittiest time focusing on homework today. Between workshift and work, I'm too exhausted to think straight. All that's keeping me going is listening to Jon Stewart in the background. That might be distracting me... nah, couldn't be.

5 hours of sleep ahoy!
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Thanks for all the comments guys :)

Sorry to hear, older Kev. Can you sue the boss or the company or go to the higher power and appeal the decision? You should be able to do something about this, unless Germany doesn't deal with this. I know it sucks in terms of defense against stalkers. :\
The higher power actually approves, he has to get her (it's a she) approval before he can kick anyone. The problem is that both sides have their arguments etc. so ofc she listens more to the boss than my mom :fail sadly it's always like that, if your boss has a problem with you it's hard to find someone in the business who's actually willing to help

My mother will most likely contact a lawyer because she met with a good friend who works at her place and she said my mother has a good chance of staying if she's willing to resist.

I should mention that she can still work there until next March because that fuckin boss couldn't find enough reasons to kick her. My mother has to sign a cancelation agreement because that's the only way he can get rid of her...

Let's see how things will go but I'm really glad my mother has good friends who help her a lot. If nothing helps I will ask my uncle to get her a job, I will do everything to prevent her from being jobless because she really, really doesn't deserve it.

That boss needs to... I've seen this behavior before and it makes me get downright murderous. But that's just my thoughts.

The only way to get back at him is by bringing in a bigger bully that can bully him into submission. This can only be done by getting someone who is more connected to get on this guy's case or pursuing legal action. If you choose legal action, do it ASAP. If there is any emails, phone calls, or whatnot, try to get them together as evidence.
Sadly that's not possible, the only higher up whose involved in this decision is on his side :s my mother already tried to gather everything that's favoring her - there's not much she can do against him though, there's just no evidence. The people know he dislikes her but he's done nothing wrong (in a judicial way) so she just has to leave. As if they would ever consider kicking out her boss or at least try to get her in another department :-_-
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
why does she have to sign the cancellation agreement? can't she refuse?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I confess that these steroids aren't helping me break out of my chronic insomnia and I need to sleep and it'll be so hot tomorrow and so much work needs to be done and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :arf


:faint
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Insomnia, ah so that's the reason for you being online at odd times. Have you tried any herbal medicine for sleep?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I can't say it's true Insomnia. I like the night time, it's peaceful, it's cathartic...it probably relates to me having chronic night terrors as a child. But in any case I'm not sure what remedies you're referring to.

I just have bad attention-span at times and can get distracted. So I end up bartering with myself in my mind about only needing THIS much time to sleep so I'll stay up another hour............such stupidity.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Garyyy! :comfort

I'm in no place to say this, but maybe if you just lie down, it'd still be better than staying up on the PC? It's still a bit relaxing.

I hope you feel better soon.

A friend of mine can't sleep more than 4 hours a night and I know that it's killing him, but he refuses to take any pills and as far as I know, it's not like they're the best decision.
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I confess I'm moving out today.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top