Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,761
Reaction score
26,107
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would say there's a girl you like and you're trying to attract her attention by various means but any attempt you've made so far failed and you hope an opportunity will come up to make her finally realize you. There may be other men who are in the same boat as you and perhaps you're perceiving them as some sort of threat.

My interpretation is that there're some men you don't trust because you think they're an obstacle between you and your goals. Perhaps you asked for advice about them and people told you not to get involved with them but you think they find you anywhere you go or there's no way you can avoid them.

Disclaimer: Don't take these interpretations seriously, they're not meant to give you great insight on your life. :p
Pat thats a really cool interpretations and sounds logical - thanks for putting your thoughts into it. Sometimes I like to hear logical shizz. :hug

Regarding the first half - I'm trying to let someone go but the feelings are hard to let go so.... Also in the dream about that girl -- kind of felt she was in danger when I woke up. Can't really say I'm trying to attract per-se. Also, disclamier has been duly noted.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I confess I hate the way I smile.
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I love the way I smile :oh
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I love the way I smile :oh
Samesies

I mean you.


No but seriously, it's more a thing about who I let see me smile sometimes and what I'm doing it at. It's not necessarily about how it looks. I can't really see myself in such instances
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I see. The fact that I hate myself for who I am has nothing to do with how I look or something because I have no problem with how I look when I smile, jump, run, talk, sleep, whatever. I actually like the way I look when I show some emotions because I am rarely feeling them, meaning when I smile it looks exactly the same when I'm happy and when I'm faking it, meaning I kind of like how it looks like when I smile because it's believing enough for me to convince people that I'm feeling this or that and sometimes I use it to my advantage.

/dick

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Example:

Happy
Not happy
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah that's pretty warped...

But not much more than me biting my lip so I don't smile in front of certain people when watching a Romantic Comedy.


RIGHT?

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

I used to like mine till I get braces D:
You're adorable, gtfo

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

wait......why did you get them if you didn't have a problem with your smile?
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I think I do as well :XD

Just self-conscious nonsense. People prefer to see one on your face rather than a scowl.
Yes, it really does come from being too self-aware. But also, it's always been uncomfortable for me to smile, because of my jaw problem and my teeth that were close to being fixed, but then I kinda ruined them by not wearing my retainer like I should. I also have a dead tooth that people always notice.

But also, someone just told me that my smile is weird. :oh And if I could get a penny for every time someone has told me that... I'm just in a period of my life where I just can't... it's just... it's too much.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,690
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I had a problem with my front teeth that wouldn't be perceptive from some angles xD I guess they were minor, but wanted to eliminate them.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
That person probably told you that because it looked forced and not sincere. Either convince them that you're actually smiling, or don't smile at all. If you're in a period in your life where you're that down, don't even try to force it please, it's just adding an unnecessary mental strain on you.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Nana, I feel your pain. (>T.T)> I might have to wear braces again in the future and have some more teeth taken out, because it's just bad... It hurts even.

That person probably told you that because it looked forced and not sincere. Either convince them that you're actually smiling, or don't smile at all. If you're in a period in your life where you're that down, don't even try to force it please, it's just adding an unnecessary mental strain on you.
He was commenting a photo. I really do make a somewhat forced smile when someone is taking my picture because I can never feel comfortable. But also... when I really do smile sincerely... it's weirder. ._. I don't like people seeing it.

I usually smile when I feel like it, but when I'm in front of people, I'm aware of myself and I make a half-assed smile, I think.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I had a problem with my front teeth that wouldn't be perceptive from some angles xD I guess they were minor, but wanted to eliminate them.
So vain :nono

:p

You seem like you've had them quite a long time though? :oh
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
But also, someone just told me that my smile is weird. :oh And if I could get a penny for every time someone has told me that... I'm just in a period of my life where I just can't... it's just... it's too much.
What Adam said...not sure why else it would be said

Any smile that looks "weird" is usually one that isn't natural. You can't look at someone's natural smile and really consider it weird as it should elicit feelings in oneself.

When you're smiling, the whole word smiles with you, etc etcetc


:arf

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

It's important for me job Ç.Ç /dodging

1,5y. Almost over o/
Oh yeah, I forgot about you job :jk

:derp

Seems like you've had them forever.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I know what you mean Gary, but I just can't smile openly in front of others. Maybe just my closest people see my real smile. Maybe.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
That's something I haven't come across in real life Adi, someone who can't show a smile to people they're not really close with. A smile is something that to me comes natural during an agreement, a positive statement, a joke etc. so I don't really know what to say...

You don't have to open your heart every time you smile, I don't find it difficult at all to smile. But then again, I'm dead inside so I can show any emotion really easy -.-''
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Well it's like... I kinda feel like smiling inside... but it's like I'm scared to really show it. Or something. I make a nervous smile or something. And somewhere in the back of my head I just know that I look bad when I smile. ._.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top