Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
I've always believed that emotions, metaphorically resemble human fingerprints. As a relative feeling, pain is shaped by the personality of a person and the external factors surrounding that person(exact situation, faith, family, friends, culture, society, etc). Hence pain is "unique" to every person. I'm not saying that one can't relate to pain, because in the end, suffering means suffering; but rather, I'm suggesting that its effects or its symptoms (if you wish) shape the degree of pain. Hence, outsiders can relate to pain (because heck, everyone suffered in one way or another), but they cannot completely understand it because their whole experience and way of life were rather different.

For example, a mother who lost her child can relate to another mother who experienced the same thing. However, external elements impact the degree of pain. Imagine that one lost a child at birth, whilst the other lost an teenage child. One was married, the other was a widow...one had children, the other did not...one had a good financial situation and the support of her family the other didn't. One was a strong believer, the other was not....etc, etc, etc, etc ~ the list goes on and on!!!!

Bottom line is that pain exists to be felt...it's simply the way it is. However, how you deal with it is important...and what Milly suggested is legit ~ a positive attitude towards life helps you move on, continue to live so that you can experience happiness...not only pain.

@Haku...just for the record...why would you want to change a person?
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
There's a variety of explanations one can come up with to this, but if I were to say neatly, I would say it's related to the inner desires.
You are trying to shape the world into your own comfort zone, consciously or subconsciously, cause you desire it to be that way. That's pretty much the same as desiring to go live in an island, isolated from society by any means. If you cannot change people, which is something you won't be able to do, you shut the door on them, so that their opinions will not get to you.

In one other way, you may choose to become friends with those who constantly stress your major issues considering your view of life.
Then, every friendship, every bond becomes a challenge.
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
I'm the type of person that envisions life as a sewer carrying loads of shit. However, from time to time this sewer has manholes which can help one climb to the surface. Yet, reaching the surface is dependent on the decision to find the manhole and in some cases to climb it up. What I'm trying to say here is that you can decide with whom to become friends. As they say: you can choose your friends; but you can't choose your family. In life, you will meet many people but not all will share your interests, opinions, and ideas. Hence, you will choose to befriend those you can relate to. Besides, you have to realize and accept that people are different and imperfect (even you). Isolation is not the way to happiness...acceptance is! ~ at least, I see it that way. I'm not saying you should accept shit, I'm just saying that you should try to accept that, maybe, no one can meet your expectations.

Similarly to you, I am a visionary. However, I'm also pragmatic and understand that mentality can't be easily changed. So my advice is to be like Galileo Galilei (I hope you know his story)~ don't renounce an idea only because others are against it, but rather convince (without imposing) them that your idea is legit. Besides, you have to be aware that maybe in your lifetime, no one will accept your ways/opinions/methods. But that should not stop you from trying. Maybe, future generations will thank you for it.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm the type of person that envisions life as a sewer carrying loads of shit. However, from time to time this sewer has manholes which can help one climb to the surface. Yet, reaching the surface is dependent on the decision to find the manhole and in some cases to climb it up. What I'm trying to say here is that you can decide with whom to become friends. As they say: you can choose your friends; but you can't choose your family. In life, you will meet many people but not all will share your interests, opinions, and ideas. Hence, you will choose to befriend those you can relate to. Besides, you have to realize and accept that people are different and imperfect (even you). Isolation is not the way to happiness...acceptance is! ~ at least, I see it that way. I'm not saying you should accept shit, I'm just saying that you should try to accept that, maybe, no one can meet your expectations.

Similarly to you, I am a visionary. However, I'm also pragmatic and understand that mentality can't be easily changed. So my advice is to be like Galileo Galilei (I hope you know his story)~ don't renounce an idea only because others are against it, but rather convince (without imposing) them that your idea is legit. Besides, you have to be aware that maybe in your lifetime, no one will accept your ways/opinions/methods. But that should not stop you from trying. Maybe, future generations will thank you for it.
ms.ancy...my fondness grows for u with ur every post....

:wub
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I'm the type of person that envisions life as a sewer carrying loads of shit. However, from time to time this sewer has manholes which can help one climb to the surface. Yet, reaching the surface is dependent on the decision to find the manhole and in some cases to climb it up. What I'm trying to say here is that you can decide with whom to become friends. As they say: you can choose your friends; but you can't choose your family. In life, you will meet many people but not all will share your interests, opinions, and ideas. Hence, you will choose to befriend those you can relate to. Besides, you have to realize and accept that people are different and imperfect (even you). Isolation is not the way to happiness...acceptance is! ~ at least, I see it that way. I'm not saying you should accept shit, I'm just saying that you should try to accept that, maybe, no one can meet your expectations.

Similarly to you, I am a visionary. However, I'm also pragmatic and understand that mentality can't be easily changed. So my advice is to be like Galileo Galilei (I hope you know his story)~ don't renounce an idea only because others are against it, but rather convince (without imposing) them that your idea is legit. Besides, you have to be aware that maybe in your lifetime, no one will accept your ways/opinions/methods. But that should not stop you from trying. Maybe, future generations will thank you for it.
I see.
You have come up with a very good explanation of yours here.

It's because I acknowledge my imperfection, I developed a tendency to have a go at myself as if I'm as weak as a nobody. That shouldn't be the way to treat your self, either. In my judgement, it was a poorly developed plan over years, so, I had to throw it away as a whole.
There are two ways to get out of that unending road down. One, embrace yourself as who you are. Two, embrace other people as who they are. If one can achieve both, he'll embrace the life as it is, which is supposedly the only way not to make a hell out of this world in my eyes.

I myself already gave up on trying to force things through. Now, I'm more observant and understanding. However, I cannot easily cast aside the emotion I feel radiating from people around me, so, in the end, I can totally ignore one's presence based on intuitive perception.
I feel like this is another mistake, but I couldn't come with an answer to it yet.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I've always believed that emotions, metaphorically resemble human fingerprints. As a relative feeling, pain is shaped by the personality of a person and the external factors surrounding that person(exact situation, faith, family, friends, culture, society, etc). Hence pain is "unique" to every person. I'm not saying that one can't relate to pain, because in the end, suffering means suffering; but rather, I'm suggesting that its effects or its symptoms (if you wish) shape the degree of pain. Hence, outsiders can relate to pain (because heck, everyone suffered in one way or another), but they cannot completely understand it because their whole experience and way of life were rather different.

For example, a mother who lost her child can relate to another mother who experienced the same thing. However, external elements impact the degree of pain. Imagine that one lost a child at birth, whilst the other lost an teenage child. One was married, the other was a widow...one had children, the other did not...one had a good financial situation and the support of her family the other didn't. One was a strong believer, the other was not....etc, etc, etc, etc ~ the list goes on and on!!!!

Bottom line is that pain exists to be felt...it's simply the way it is. However, how you deal with it is important...and what Milly suggested is legit ~ a positive attitude towards life helps you move on, continue to live so that you can experience happiness...not only pain.

@Haku...just for the record...why would you want to change a person?
I'm the type of person that envisions life as a sewer carrying loads of shit. However, from time to time this sewer has manholes which can help one climb to the surface. Yet, reaching the surface is dependent on the decision to find the manhole and in some cases to climb it up. What I'm trying to say here is that you can decide with whom to become friends. As they say: you can choose your friends; but you can't choose your family. In life, you will meet many people but not all will share your interests, opinions, and ideas. Hence, you will choose to befriend those you can relate to. Besides, you have to realize and accept that people are different and imperfect (even you). Isolation is not the way to happiness...acceptance is! ~ at least, I see it that way. I'm not saying you should accept shit, I'm just saying that you should try to accept that, maybe, no one can meet your expectations.

Similarly to you, I am a visionary. However, I'm also pragmatic and understand that mentality can't be easily changed. So my advice is to be like Galileo Galilei (I hope you know his story)~ don't renounce an idea only because others are against it, but rather convince (without imposing) them that your idea is legit. Besides, you have to be aware that maybe in your lifetime, no one will accept your ways/opinions/methods. But that should not stop you from trying. Maybe, future generations will thank you for it.
Please don't take this too seriously but when I saw Ancy's posts I went...

tl;dr :XD
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
:cookieface..........that shows how little you know about me, Niichan....I confess that I'm more than meets the eye!
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I am being sponsered to go to a Magic Tournament in Dallas in January... I am excited :D
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I am being sponsered to go to a Magic Tournament in Dallas in January... I am excited :D
Is this for real? :o

Who wastes money in sponsoring people to play Magic? :o
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Oh wait, I spoke too soon. He is going to Dallas :derp
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I don't know. Maybe you're right in calling me negative.
I used to call myself a crybaby a while ago.

It's just I find the kind of lifestyle too ignorant and motive-lacking in reality. In the end, perspectives are different and no matter how hard you try to shape a person as you wished, he'll end up where he's supposed to be.
Did you like being a crybaby? Are you a crybaby now? If you don't like it, then change. I hate it when people whine about somethign they can change. One person I follow on Twitter whines like a little bitch, and when we, especially I, try to give him advice, he comes up with plethora of excuses after fucking excuses that I just said "fuck it, I give up." now I'm sure he's doing it for attention and is a dumbass.

What lifestyle?

And no crap. It's up to the person himself to change. You can threaten to change the person all you want, but he'll regress unless he truly wants to change. Changing one's self is hard, it takes time, it takes determination. It's not easy. Anyone who says it's easy is bullshitting, or hasn't really changed. All you can do is guide the persona and help him stay on his path, but you cna't force him to change.

I've always believed that emotions, metaphorically resemble human fingerprints. As a relative feeling, pain is shaped by the personality of a person and the external factors surrounding that person(exact situation, faith, family, friends, culture, society, etc). Hence pain is "unique" to every person. I'm not saying that one can't relate to pain, because in the end, suffering means suffering; but rather, I'm suggesting that its effects or its symptoms (if you wish) shape the degree of pain. Hence, outsiders can relate to pain (because heck, everyone suffered in one way or another), but they cannot completely understand it because their whole experience and way of life were rather different.

For example, a mother who lost her child can relate to another mother who experienced the same thing. However, external elements impact the degree of pain. Imagine that one lost a child at birth, whilst the other lost an teenage child. One was married, the other was a widow...one had children, the other did not...one had a good financial situation and the support of her family the other didn't. One was a strong believer, the other was not....etc, etc, etc, etc ~ the list goes on and on!!!!

Bottom line is that pain exists to be felt...it's simply the way it is. However, how you deal with it is important...and what Milly suggested is legit ~ a positive attitude towards life helps you move on, continue to live so that you can experience happiness...not only pain.

@Haku...just for the record...why would you want to change a person?
I agree, pain is always a point of view thing. For example, I don't see the pain in HxH being on hiatus, but I was said when Naruto was on hiatus before it got shit, even if for two weeks compared to HxH's month long hiatus.

Positivity is helpful. I try to be positive mainly to avoid getting angry, getting revenge, etc. It helps as well. Positivity can let you see things in a better way and new light, instead of focusing on negative. I firmly believe that there's always at least one door open no matter how many doors close.
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Oh wait, I spoke too soon. He is going to Dallas :derp
I think when Naomi sees this. She will slap you.... Metaphorically
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I think when Naomi sees this. She will slap you.... Metaphorically
*Figuratively

Maybe, but considering I may enjoy it she might reconsider.



Anyways, good luck with the nerdgasm

 
Last edited by a moderator:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
No Pokemon, Kevsy?
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I play pokemon, just not the cards... xD
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
F
A
I
L

Though, not sure about new gens of Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh.

I confess that if there weren't new generation shit coming out, I'd have still collected Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon card, but with my own money.
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I've stopped collecting the Cards. What's the point when it's just the same cards over and over again.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that I have a final exam tomorrow and I will be lucky if I pass the class at this point. Even though I got a B on the first two exams, the last two were very poor grades. One being a 55 (I didn't study at all XD) and another being a 59 (I have no idea what happened here, because I did study o~o). I REALLY want a B, but it most likely won't happen. I guess I can just hope for a C.

On the other hand, my calculus III final is on Saturday and I would have to make a 7% on the final in order to fail the class. :derp So I'm pretty much good there. It's been a couple semesters since I was actually SHOOTING for an A in a class. XD;
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top