Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Not really, as I have plenty of excuses to post.

It's called helping out .And by referring you to PM, I'm assured that you'll do your best to help out and provide some good insights, based on my experience with you. Stop being a douche, it's just a compliment. Jeez, you're such a hardass.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Not really, as I have plenty of excuses to post.

It's called helping out .And by referring you to PM, I'm assured that you'll do your best to help out and provide some good insights, based on my experience with you. Stop being a douche, it's just a compliment. Jeez, you're such a hardass.
Yeah, you abuse the hell out of this thread...I CONFESS :arf

Yes, helping out by telling someone to talk to someone else and taking a dig at Kaiten :ginwut
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
You also abuse this thread. Sod off, old chap. :mono


I confess I don't think I deserve the C in OPM, but am relieved I got C. If it was up to me though, I'd have probably asked why I got C instead of a D, and ask to change it since I feel I don't deserve such good grade at all.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I confess writing makes me feel at ease somehow and lets me put order into the chaos of my thoughts.
I've been filling some pages every once in a while and it helps, but if I could just talk to someone it'd be so much better...
I can understand the situation more or less. I have a habit of writing kind of mono-dialogues to avoid being overwhelmed by my thoughts.
For the record, a mono-dialogue is a word I use to be able to refer to my style; splitting my persona into two and having a conversation that way.
Anyway, I'd say talking isn't really going to make the same impact on you. Knowing a little bit from my case, I can make a bold case and say you'd not be able to explain what is going on in your mind at the moment properly even if you talked. This may be a wrong conclusion here now, but it applies to the mass, so, I couldn't quite rule it out, either.

I advise you to get off to a fun start, make a twist for a touch of depression midway through, and conclude with hope.
At the very least, this is going to make you feel better afterwards.
 

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
I can understand the situation more or less. I have a habit of writing kind of mono-dialogues to avoid being overwhelmed by my thoughts.
For the record, a mono-dialogue is a word I use to be able to refer to my style; splitting my persona into two and having a conversation that way.
Anyway, I'd say talking isn't really going to make the same impact on you. Knowing a little bit from my case, I can make a bold case and say you'd not be able to explain what is going on in your mind at the moment properly even if you talked. This may be a wrong conclusion here now, but it applies to the mass, so, I couldn't quite rule it out, either.

I advise you to get off to a fun start, make a twist for a touch of depression midway through, and conclude with hope.
At the very least, this is going to make you feel better afterwards.
wrong :noworry , totally. I started running a second instance of my consciousness long ago, for the purpose of avoiding boredom or feeling loneliness. Often I contradict myself only for the purpose of having something to do, thought I still haven't figured out why and how people are able to play chess by themselves...(it's not like talking to yourself..)

about the 2nd half, if you haven't noticed I almost always put things in a weird contexts for the purpose of making people minds work and by that enhance my own. Thought usually that's perceived as weird/strange/stupid and some other adjectives of the same group.

But if I look at what you wrote as a preposition to fall back to the basics, it could actually work as a good advice ^^

though the truth is I posted in the hope there comes another one saying stuff like 'waah, I do the same, let's exchange e-mails(or something)' :Haha

fishing for interesting people is a hobby of mine :amuse






Will you believe me if I told you this whole time I thought the post above this was produced by Lolisose :fail
 
Last edited:

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I have dialogues with myself, but usually it's about how to react in specific situations... sometimes I do these dialogues in english, but I think it's a good thing, like a way to practice the language.

The promblem is... sometimes I vocalize it iwthout realizing that I'm doing it, what cause some awkward/creepy moments with me talking alone on the street :fail
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Finals are almost over and my classmates had last night free.

One friend went to a graduation party.

One friend went to a astrolab party.

One friend went to a physics party.

I confess I just spent the evening playing Diablo 3.

 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Say what, why are you on the US server :gwah
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I would have given her my number. It avoids your worry of seeming like a creep and puts the ball in her court. If she thought nothing of your encounter you would know without it being left up to chance like this.

The surname thing could have worked too. But I think you're overthinking this anyways :XD
Yeah man Im regreting not taking action now... but well all I can do is hope now.

It's more natural to get additional information than you would think. Simply saying "I enjoyed these conversations" will make her say "Yes me too" and in many cases make her give you her number or some way of contact, if she doesn't take the initiative just say it'd be nice to talk again sometime. The conversation would then likely flow naturally towards a form of exchange without actually asking. And even at this point asking for additional information is much less direct and awkward, as the basis has already been covered.

Pray you're lucky and get into a class with her.
Yup missed a chance. Now I have got to wait and pray.

Just ask her facebook bro.
Cant do it anymore :D

I'd have said "I enjoyed talking with you," like Nuno said, and then give her my number and be all "if you wanna talk more, here's my number" or something like that. Or you could have asked for her Facebook, there's nothing wrong with that.

Either way, she'll either say yes or no. No loss there. At least you have great excuse for exchanging numbers - both of you enjoyed talking with each other.
I guess I was overly worried about looking like a weirdo or forceful.

I would ask her surname, then add her on the facebook. You would have the excuse of asking "how was your test?", "did you do well?".
If she is from the uni's city, you can ask about the city, since you do need advice. Like what place you should visit or where are the good hang out spots, and so on
You could ask her out with a simple "I would love to go there"... You can measure her interest that way too.

But who am I to give advice? my life is a mess right now
Yeah she coul have helped me when I move there and even if it didnt work out in a love way it woul have been nice to at least have a friend there.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
A wise saying is "Trying and failing is better than not trying at all" :mono

(experienced by yours truly)
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,761
Reaction score
26,087
Gender
Male
Country
United States
A wise saying is "Trying and failing is better than not trying at all" :mono

(experienced by yours truly)

Better to have loved than to not have loved at all?

Although growing up - a cousin of mine said after going through a big break up.
Its best if yo don't fall in love at all.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I confess my recent development of paranoia. :s
 

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
I confess my recent development of paranoia. :s

I confess I nearly spammed the place out of habit..


I also confess sometimes, when there is no one around and it's quiet, I imagine what if this was the last day I met someone?
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Finals are almost over and my classmates had last night free.

One friend went to a graduation party.

One friend went to a astrolab party.

One friend went to a physics party.

I confess I just spent the evening playing Diablo 3.

Still cooler than the guy that went to the physics party. :teehee
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Still cooler than the guy that went to the physics party. :teehee
Yeah, they're lamer than one would think. They actually DO talk about strange stuff all the time. Most of them anyway.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

I confess I nearly spammed the place out of habit..


I also confess sometimes, when there is no one around and it's quiet, I imagine what if this was the last day I met someone?
It's more of a following than watching thing. :s Meh, might just be the media with the recent accusations of the former Yugoslav communist spies. D:
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Yeah man Im regreting not taking action now... but well all I can do is hope now.



Yup missed a chance. Now I have got to wait and pray.



Cant do it anymore :D



I guess I was overly worried about looking like a weirdo or forceful.



Yeah she coul have helped me when I move there and even if it didnt work out in a love way it woul have been nice to at least have a friend there.
Don't worry about such things, man. Just go for it, it's not like you're asking where she lives or anything like that. Giving her your phone number puts the ball in her court, and you don't look creepy at all.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Don't worry about such things, man. Just go for it, it's not like you're asking where she lives or anything like that. Giving her your phone number puts the ball in her court, and you don't look creepy at all.
Yeah but we had just met twice and it's not like we had any common friends we just randomly met at the bookstore...

guess I overthought
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess that this website is the only way I can study for an 8am final tomorrow and maintain another absurd family emergency (word of advice: don't casually use "fuck it" in a conversation with depressed people and then get defensive; they're depressed anyways with real problems, bad idea to aggravate it even to make yourself feel better).

Yeah, they're lamer than one would think. They actually DO talk about strange stuff all the time. Most of them anyway.
...

... but I am a physics major?

And does manga count as "strange stuff"?
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Is a physics party like something you would see in the big bang theory?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top