Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
When I think about losing my sisters, I get sick. Especially my youngest one. Just thinking about it, I already know that I would want to die. I would not want to live in a world without my older sister or my two younger ones.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
It's not just the US... the world is sick and it's making people sick too.
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
When I think about losing my sisters, I get sick. Especially my youngest one. Just thinking about it, I already know that I would want to die. I would not want to live in a world without my older sister or my two younger ones.
I would die if I lost either my Brother or my sister... But we live in a world were we can't just send kids to elementary school and think they are safe anymore.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Sending you all love from here, guys. :comfort
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
well, I have a lot brothers and all of them are older than me... I not sure how I would react, I know that I would be pretty sad and would cry a lot on their funeral, but outside of that I don't know.
I mean, bad things happen everyday, sometimes closer, sometimes far away. After they happen, there's no cameback, we can't change the past, so only thing to do is mourn the lost, deal with it on your own way and move on.
Off course I'm talking hypothetically, if someone lose a brother I wouldn't say that... I would just try to be supportive.

anyway, get better! Be glad that nothing seriously happened to your sister

And the answer to this madness is simple... buy more guns, right? :fail
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
The idea behind buying more guns is that the people with guns are better able to protect. For example, if the principal had the gun, she could have shot the killer right in the face or something. They're saying that allowing more people to have guns can increase protection because they'd be able to fight back, since guns are more dangerous than knives and shit.

However, I wonder if they know that allowing more people to have guns increase the risk of more people going on a rampage or shooting someone.

Banning guns won't work either because people will refuse to give up their guns and even if they do, they can still get guns in different ways.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The idea behind buying more guns is that the people with guns are better able to protect. For example, if the principal had the gun, she could have shot the killer right in the face or something. They're saying that allowing more people to have guns can increase protection because they'd be able to fight back, since guns are more dangerous than knives and shit.

However, I wonder if they know that allowing more people to have guns increase the risk of more people going on a rampage or shooting someone.

Banning guns won't work either because people will refuse to give up their guns and even if they do, they can still get guns in different ways.
That argument is completely retarded. Just think of all the bad things involving guns and compare it to all the good things that happen. Doesn't that seem disproportionate? It holds no water.

Banning guns won't work because its unconstitutional.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I have parents and a brother. (I have more family than that but they abandoned us.) I often have to face the fear that they all might lose themselves in depression. We have so much working against us. My sib has to take on an increased workload to support us all while living with his mistakes at university. My parents aren't allowed to do what they love. Nobody wants to hire a couple of old fogies, even if they have greater mental acuity than their contemporaries who are dragged along by their friends to overpaying do-nothing positions. Every two weeks someone feels unappreciated and/or depressed, and it is so hard to talk them out of it when the world says "in no uncertain terms, fuck you".

I'm more fearful of stress-induced heart attacks or suicides than some anonymous nutcase shooting us. The latter is something that you can't control once the person has an agenda and a gun.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
That argument is completely retarded. Just think of all the bad things involving guns and compare it to all the good things that happen. Doesn't that seem disproportionate? It holds no water.

Banning guns won't work because its unconstitutional.
I don't think banning guns will do but they shouldn't not let non militars or cops have acess to riffles.

I mean if it is for self defense revolvers are more than enough for that. Riffles are only used by these psychos.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
That argument is completely retarded. Just think of all the bad things involving guns and compare it to all the good things that happen. Doesn't that seem disproportionate? It holds no water.

Banning guns won't work because its unconstitutional.
That's what I got from some of the pics I've seen and from my friends' statuses. I would personally rather all guns be banned, but that's a naive idea. I even read that a middle east country has teachers with guns to protect the kids, and so far, nothing has happened as far as I know. Something could have, but I didn't see it, so I dunno if it's as effective as they say it is.

Fuck unconstitutional. People need to focus on safety. I think the blame lies with the mom, for the most part. She taught her kids how to handle guns, and I think she didn't even lock it up. She knew her son was autistic, why teach him ways of guns?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't think banning guns will do but they shouldn't not let non militars or cops have acess to riffles.

I mean if it is for self defense revolvers are more than enough for that. Riffles are only used by these psychos.
More people own rifles and shotguns than handguns. They're used for recreation.

But there are certain weapons and extended magazines that I don't understand why anyone would need or want...
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
The problem with guns is that people aren't always capable of acting rationaly. Even the coldest ones. And in a moment of rage they won't think twice about using it (they won't even think in fact)
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Just like to make it clear that I do not believe in more guns = safer or whatever. I thin it's a bad idea and increases the risk of something like Newtown or Aurora happening again. But banning guns aren't good either because people who won't want to adhere to the ban will find a way to keep or get guns, while the people that will obey the ban will be left gunless and defenseless.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Just like to make it clear that I do not believe in more guns = safer or whatever. I thin it's a bad idea and increases the risk of something like Newtown or Aurora happening again. But banning guns aren't good either because people who won't want to adhere to the ban will find a way to keep or get guns, while the people that will obey the ban will be left gunless and defenseless.
Banning guns isn't on the table. It's the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution . Further restrictions would be a good idea though...or enforcing existing ones better.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
We should try enforcing/reinforcing the existing ones first before coming up with more restrictions.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
We should try enforcing/reinforcing the existing ones first before coming up with more restrictions.
It would help to even know what they are. Many states have many different laws in regards to this. It should be more uniform, but states-rights people would be up in arms over such a thing.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
From a discussion I just had: there's in article in the HuffPo regarding that the majority of cases where there's been a successful intervention of a mass shooting by someone else with a gun, the person is often a retired service or police officer. I think we might be overstating the power of guns in our awkward American fear of 'em. Even if you know how to shoot a gun, that doesn't translate to an actual crisis. Most people who successfully intervene with a gun are used to reacting to a bad situation.

Having a gun and knowing how to shoot won't necessarily protect you and others. Even experience with crises can fail you, as when policemen get shot on-duty. It's awareness and courage that makes the difference. The same qualities that were shown by the teacher who hid her class in the supply closet and told the gunman that they were at gym. The gunman killed her, but she saved a whole class. She gave her life to save a dozen. How many of us could have done the same?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The suggestion that everyone carry is just negligent of reality. It's honestly one of the most moronic things I've ever heard, and Piers Morgan was right to call that guy suggesting it an idiot on his show. Life is not a videogame. I would be scared shitless to carry a gun around...it's not like it's an NES Lightgun where you just point and shoot. It's a ballistic weapon.
 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Speaking of Gun Sales. My store is almost completely sold out on all guns. Our Gun Bar is really barren
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top