Do pro-gun supporters even realize how much they increase the chances of guns falling into the wrong hands? Give everyone a gun, and there will likely be more gun violence and crimes.
I'm not sure. But there are laws against those with criminal records from owning them.Is there any kind of psycological test that gun owners must go trough? Cuse if not making one could be a good idea. You need to take them for driving a car (over here at least) so why not for porting guns?
Some psychos would pass sure but it would narrow down their numbers.
From what I read in the newspapers, it's easy to get a gun. Some journalists have said they got their guns in five to ten minutes. I don't think there's any kind of test needed, if at all. That could be dependent on the stores sellin the gun or the states though. I don't know laws about gun control myself, to be honest.Is there any kind of psycological test that gun owners must go trough? Cuse if not making one could be a good idea. You need to take them for driving a car (over here at least) so why not for porting guns?
Some psychos would pass sure but it would narrow down their numbers.
That depends on the type of gun. Which is sort of stupid, but the thinking is that it should be more difficult to acquire one that's more concealable.From what I read in the newspapers, it's easy to get a gun. Some journalists have said they got their guns in five to ten minutes. I don't think there's any kind of test needed, if at all. That could be dependent on the stores sellin the gun or the states though. I don't know laws about gun control myself, to be honest.
If you buy a gun from a store they have to run background checks, and enforce a five day waiting period before the gun can be sold. There is a loophole that allows guns to be purchased at gun shows without background checks or any waiting period. I don't know how the internet works though. I know that ammo can be purchased over the internet without a background check, I'm not sure about guns. These loopholes will likely be closed when the next session of Congress convenes after the holiday. Automatic weapon sales also will be banned. Newton has become the tipping point for gun control, much like the Dunblane massacre in the United Kingdom.From what I read in the newspapers, it's easy to get a gun. Some journalists have said they got their guns in five to ten minutes. I don't think there's any kind of test needed, if at all. That could be dependent on the stores sellin the gun or the states though. I don't know laws about gun control myself, to be honest.
Could you post a link to the article or video? I need more details before I can give a better answer. These journalists may not have been at a retail store, they may have bought the guns somewhere not required to run a background check. I'd need access to the story to really know for sure.These stores apparently didn't either run the background checks, or the journalists may have skipped some facts. Either way, the claim is that the guns were bought within five to fifteen minutes.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-rifle-day-newtown-massacre-article-1.1223241Could you post a link to the article or video? I need more details before I can give a better answer. These journalists may not have been at a retail store, they may have bought the guns somewhere not required to run a background check. I'd need access to the story to really know for sure.
Is that a reputable paper? They just called a semi-automatic an assault rifle.http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-rifle-day-newtown-massacre-article-1.1223241
This, amongst others, but I can't find those. This was in the today's paper.
That was fucked up, but it has a reputation other than this.NYP got backlash because the person took a picture of the guy pushed onto the tracks instead of pulling him back up out of train's way.
That was a terrible article, devoid of almost any relevant information. Everyone knows that there are prominent loopholes in gun laws, this article had nothing new or relevant to say. What it did not say was far more important than what it did. How was that particular shop able to sell them that gun so quickly? What is the law regarding background checks, and why did it not apply to this store?http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-rifle-day-newtown-massacre-article-1.1223241
This, amongst others, but I can't find those. This was in the today's paper.
It's a semi-reputable paper, if little known outside of metro-New York. My grandparents (from Long Island) always read the Daily News. The journalistic quality of that article is atrocious though. Muckraking was clearly the only purpose of this article; the journalists intent is clearly to outrage the reader only, not inform them.Is that a reputable paper? They just called a semi-automatic an assault rifle.

It stemmed from a confession KD had you twat!I confess.......there was absolutely no confession here at all and just a discussion on gun control. BOOOO!