Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Um, now that you said it, it has been a while since I'm after nothing but self-enjoyment. I finally carved out myself a niche that fits my personality to the supreme extent.
To reach an indistinguishable goal, I don't need anything to start with. Rather than burdening my own shoulders with those, I seek to lighten.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
but i cant find myself ...


---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Admin Notice:
On second thought, I'll allow it. But just be cool people :cop~ xi0
 
Last edited:

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Um, now that you said it, it has been a while since I'm after nothing but self-enjoyment. I finally carved out myself a niche that fits my personality to the supreme extent.
To reach an indistinguishable goal, I don't need anything to start with. Rather than burdening my own shoulders with those, I seek to lighten.
I'm not sure if you answered it as your prose is really vague and hard to decipher. But anyway I was curious as to why you chose to be condescending to people? It seems like a choice rather than a habit if you dont mind me saying.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I'm not sure if you answered it as your prose is really vague and hard to decipher. But anyway I was curious as to why you chose to be condescending to people? It seems like a choice rather than a habit if you dont mind me saying.
Um, I guess this depends on how we look at it. I don't think I'm being condescending when I generally avoid confrontation. Not giving value to their opinions is more of a return of the favor. It's natural for people to do that, I guess. Even when we say that we really care about what people think, are we being completely frank or do we just call it that way because it's how we would like to deceive ourselves? I have doubts about that.
The answer cannot be given that easily, no matter how I look at it. At least, for now..

Oh, and for the record, I don't look down on people. I confess I was just messing up with MJ again :toc
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Um, I guess this depends on how we look at it. I don't think I'm being condescending when I generally avoid confrontation. Not giving value to their opinions is more of a return of the favor. It's natural for people to do that, I guess. Even when we say that we really care about what people think, are we being completely frank or do we just call it that way because it's how we would like to deceive ourselves? I have doubts about that.
The answer cannot be given that easily, no matter how I look at it. At least, for now..

Oh, and for the record, I don't look down on people. I confess I was just messing up with MJ again :toc
Ah okay.

It seemed from what you wrote that you deliberately avoided being courteous. Courtesy goes hand in hand with how people view you, its hard work but the more courteous you are to people the more courteous people will be to you. If anything, that in itself is a worthy goal to strive for. Most people can tell when you are outright dismissing them and its helps you avoid being that obnoxious person that no one likes.

And I disagree its not "natural" to not value the opinions of others. It's completely natural. Agreeing or disagreeing with someone else is another matter, but valuing other peoples opinions is important. Self esteem is the value we place on ourselves and valuing others is an integral part of our own self-esteem. It is part and parcel of our need for respect from others and this need is important in having a healthy level of self esteem. It's part of the human need for recognition and acceptance. Abraham Maslow goes into it in a lot of detail.
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I'm not sure if you answered it as your prose is really vague and hard to decipher. But anyway I was curious as to why you chose to be condescending to people? It seems like a choice rather than a habit if you dont mind me saying.
Tons of people are shitheads, so it's hard not to be condescending to them. Like, unless I act serious, staffers tend to talk to me condescendingly because I act like a shithead most of the time.

Oh, and for the record, I don't look down on people. I confess I was just messing up with MJ again :toc
Dickhead. :-_-
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I confess I 'measure' my friends. I mean I measure our friendship. I value friendship a lot, my friends mean the world to me, especially my closest friend. I like my friends for who they are, I love them even with their flaws. But one of my friend is someone I seem to start disliking a bit once I got to be more around her. I care for her, but something tells me we won't be getting along if I continue to be this close around her. I'm starting to think I can only be friends with her from a distance.

And I know this may not make any sense, or it may sound the wrong way, but it is what it is. I feel kind of strange about it. I kind of feel like a jerk for feeling this way. So maybe I'm hoping to hear that other people have the same kind of friendships, I guess.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I confess I 'measure' my friends. I mean I measure our friendship. I value friendship a lot, my friends mean the world to me, especially my closest friend. I like my friends for who they are, I love them even with their flaws. But one of my friend is someone I seem to start disliking a bit once I got to be more around her. I care for her, but something tells me we won't be getting along if I continue to be this close around her. I'm starting to think I can only be friends with her from a distance.

And I know this may not make any sense, or it may sound the wrong way, but it is what it is. I feel kind of strange about it. I kind of feel like a jerk for feeling this way. So maybe I'm hoping to hear that other people have the same kind of friendships, I guess.
It just sounds like self-preservation.
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
I confess I 'measure' my friends. I mean I measure our friendship. I value friendship a lot, my friends mean the world to me, especially my closest friend. I like my friends for who they are, I love them even with their flaws. But one of my friend is someone I seem to start disliking a bit once I got to be more around her. I care for her, but something tells me we won't be getting along if I continue to be this close around her. I'm starting to think I can only be friends with her from a distance.

And I know this may not make any sense, or it may sound the wrong way, but it is what it is. I feel kind of strange about it. I kind of feel like a jerk for feeling this way. So maybe I'm hoping to hear that other people have the same kind of friendships, I guess.
There's no reason for you to feel bad, perhaps it's not the right type of person for you. That doesn't necessarily mean that person is bad, it's just that you may have different tastes. You don't have to befriend everybody around you, sometimes you can keep your distance when they make you feel uncomfortable. Rather than acting on false pretenses and eventually lashing out at the girl, it's more appropriate to cut your meetings gradually to a minimum.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess I 'measure' my friends. I mean I measure our friendship. I value friendship a lot, my friends mean the world to me, especially my closest friend. I like my friends for who they are, I love them even with their flaws. But one of my friend is someone I seem to start disliking a bit once I got to be more around her. I care for her, but something tells me we won't be getting along if I continue to be this close around her. I'm starting to think I can only be friends with her from a distance.

And I know this may not make any sense, or it may sound the wrong way, but it is what it is. I feel kind of strange about it. I kind of feel like a jerk for feeling this way. So maybe I'm hoping to hear that other people have the same kind of friendships, I guess.
First: it's not about you, it's her. If she wigs out like that, then she's probably got a problem. Miyagi is right - slowly go distant. It's impossible to drag out the reason for the behavior of such people.

Honestly, I find people who do that self-absorbed enough to take out personal frustration on others. It's best to get away from it before they decide to destroy the relationship and burn all bridges.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Thanks, guys. It's a bit too complicated to explain in details, but I'll keep in mind what you have told me.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
:zomg
Did you guys make out?
Yeah. It was so intense that we fell over right on top of some guy's Magic card battle and messed it up. They were so pissed, we were thrown out.

No, we didn't make out! :arf Is that all you think about, Googz?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
OH MER GAWD


WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT'D YOU DO? WHAT KIND OF DEBAUCHERY HAPPENED? TELL US EVERYTHING.


I BEG, PLS
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,054
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Did Kevin show you his Pokemon cards?
Such as the rare or limited Charizzard or legendary Pokemon?
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,054
Gender
Male
Country
United States
....He did show me his Pokemon cards....
I knew it - that bish had some rare cards.

Can you say how things went or are we going to have to wait until Kevin gets here?

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Damn - the only thing I remember about Kevin was that he had pokemon cards....
What-esle was there.... god..
I'll go and re watch his video post.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Haha! Well, we could wait so that he could tell you too. I'm going to upload a short video post.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top