Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
huauhahua... but my older simblings told me that it was worse with them. Their mother would spank all 3 since she didn't know who did the wrong hahaha
 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
You're problem is that you're the youngest, Moa.
Whenever I'd put myself in trouble, I'd blame it on Thais and scape the belt ^.^
You evil old hag. ._.
 

Ninja2

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
17
Reaction score
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I really wanted to punch out the usher at the movie theater that will be 20 bucks Are you serious? Oh my bad man thought was for two haha *Commense stare down with a slight grin*

I will be back with three girls on my arm like a boss!
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Honestly, i do think that at some points, spanking is something parents shouldn't be ashamed to do. It's not like everyone learns about his errors, speaking about them. Sometimes there needs to be someone who shows why you really shouldn't do something, and for that to not happen again, parents shouldn't be blamed for spanking the kid. Of course we are not talking about hitting the shit out of someone and i ain't saying this should be done in any case. I think it should only be used as a last resource anyway, but still i don't judge people who do this sometimes, when the situation may require it.

Me and my brother were never easy kids. Not that we were evil kids or anything like that, but we were always pretty energetic kids, so creating problems was/is one of our longest friends. And honestly, i did deserve the physical punishment that i had sometimes. And honestly, sometimes i just wanted to be slapped or something like that, and having my parents stop bothering me, than being like 1 hour talking about what i did, and why it was wrong.

For example, on my sister case, i don't remember ever seeing my parents need to do anything like that. She was always a nice kid, doesn't create any problems, she is also one of the best students, so after the hell created by me and my twin brother, my parents finally had some rest :XD

Ok since this is a confession's thread, i am going to reveal something not a lot of people known about me. I have never met my biologic's father, and honestly if it depends on me i never will. My mom never had an easy life, sadly her childhood, for reasons i am obviously not going to state wasn't an easy one. And obviously it didn't get any easier. My biologic father, wanted my mother to abort, but even though we were twins and my mom was on the early twenties, and she had no one to support her,she fought and managed to raise us. Me and my brother, were born with a lot of health's problems, so on top of all that, we required a lot medical's expenses. A single mom, raising twins with a lot of problems, and on top of that obviously the concerns that comes from work and the preoccupations she had about how she would have money to pay everything ... honestly, i am just a little younger than she was at the time, and i don't think many people would be able to endure something like that.

I did had a chance to meet my father around the tie i turned 18. Imagine that lol ... when i turned 18, which is basically when i can be consider an adult and there wasn't any obligation to pay anything for me, he suddenly wanted to meet me and my brother. I never asked for any information about him, neither i know how he looks like. And honestly i couldn't care less. My mom also made obvious she didn't wanted me to meet him, but honestly there's no way in hell, i would ever like to meet him.
For me whoever he is, he is just a random person, who doesn't mean more/less than any other people i don't know. I don't wish nothing bad to happen to him, i just don't want to have anything to do with him at all. I mean, he could had finally realize how wrong he was, something i kinda doubt, but still there's nothing to make "right" now.

My mom can be pretty annoying, and sometime she overreacts and we get mad for something not important at all, but no one can love me more than she does. And even though i would prefer her to accept some situations differently, she is still the best MOM in the world.
All this to say that i really love my mom!

And i also confess that i question my true nature, when i know i do something it's gonna get her mad and sad. Can't i really put her interest above mine? Am i a bad person because i can't do this? What is needed to happen for me to change? Why can some people learn with mistakes and i keep doing them over and over? Is it possible that specific situations don't obviously have to reach a certain path, even if we are talking about kind people?
And i always saw myself actually as a good person. Someone who obviously has a lot of flaws, but still ... is it impossible for me to change, unless some dramatic occurrence triggers it? I know we are not robots, but still, if i want to somehow justify the way i act, i can't stop wondering is if it's that hard for some people to change at all.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Work harder and change yourself. Change isn't easy, you have to work for it. If you really care, then you will put effort and not give up, Besides, think of how much easier you're making your mom's life be.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Jorped, I think I can tell you some obvious things that maybe you are forgetting. You are a young person, just got out of teenagehood. Teenagers usually have tempers, it's normal. I've took it out on my mom sometimes, the person I've always felt best understands me in this family and I do really love her. It's only normal and human to make mistakes. I have made the same mistakes more than once also, but that doesn't mean I haven't learned anything. I'm sure your mother understands you too and loves you unconditionally. Don't be afraid to argue with her whenever you feel like it, we can't always see eye to eye you know. Just try not to have unnecessary arguments. I've always been the quiet arguing type with my parents, whenever my father starts shouting at me for something and carries on and on and on, I'm like "yes, dad", "of course, dad". He's not the type to argue with. xD Just remember to say sorry when you realize you've been wrong and remember to say countless times to your mother that you love her. ^^
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
And i also confess that i question my true nature, when i know i do something it's gonna get her mad and sad. Can't i really put her interest above mine? Am i a bad person because i can't do this? What is needed to happen for me to change? Why can some people learn with mistakes and i keep doing them over and over? Is it possible that specific situations don't obviously have to reach a certain path, even if we are talking about kind people?
And i always saw myself actually as a good person. Someone who obviously has a lot of flaws, but still ... is it impossible for me to change, unless some dramatic occurrence triggers it? I know we are not robots, but still, if i want to somehow justify the way i act, i can't stop wondering is if it's that hard for some people to change at all.
Do you want to put her interest above yours? Sometimes the situation might call for her interest to be chosen, and sometimes maybe it's yours...maybe you can even balance both or choose both sometimes...in any relationship between 2 mature people compromises can be made to accept what each other does...I think the only thin that you actually need is, not change, but a clear justification for why you are choosing your own interest and not hers in any given situation...if your justification is weak, then there's a great probability that you are wrong...
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I really wanted to punch out the usher at the movie theater that will be 20 bucks Are you serious? Oh my bad man thought was for two haha *Commense stare down with a slight grin*

I will be back with three girls on my arm like a boss!
I'll go with you. :foreveralone
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,648
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I really wanted to punch out the usher at the movie theater that will be 20 bucks Are you serious? Oh my bad man thought was for two haha *Commense stare down with a slight grin*

I will be back with three girls on my arm like a boss!
You could go to the cinema and just offer to pay for some girls ticket, woks like a charm! :viagra
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I confess the FF is being really weird right now, and needs some mod attention. :viagra
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I confess that I'm seriously considering choosing another course. Right now I study Architecture, and while I do love it and the subject with the same name, I feel that that I'm really not that into the other subjects that revolve around it, particularly the more scientific ones. This is really stressing seeing as I really would like to be an architect, plus I love the people in my course. Seriously, pretty much all of them great, never before have I befriended so many people so quickly. I feel that if I continue doing this course I'll just end up failing later on. It's really annoying :I

Also, I confess that I act pretty self-centered in this thread. Most times I just come here to vent off my feelings, and for that I apologize. I really do need to change...
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Also, I confess that I act pretty self-centered in this thread. Most times I just come here to vent off my feelings, and for that I apologize. I really do need to change...
No need to apologize. That's what the thread is for.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that I'm seriously considering choosing another course. Right now I study Architecture, and while I do love it and the subject with the same name, I feel that that I'm really not that into the other subjects that revolve around it, particularly the more scientific ones. This is really stressing seeing as I really would like to be an architect, plus I love the people in my course. Seriously, pretty much all of them great, never before have I befriended so many people so quickly. I feel that if I continue doing this course I'll just end up failing later on. It's really annoying :I

Also, I confess that I act pretty self-centered in this thread. Most times I just come here to vent off my feelings, and for that I apologize. I really do need to change...
Hey Crude do you study at UTL?
I have a friend on the second year of architecture that studies there too. Do you happen to know him? His name is Wellington Vinicius.
If I had choosen to stay at Portugal I'd probably be studying there too.

I'm also starting architecture this year. And I find the mosre scientific part of it interesting and necessary you need to know the basics of engineering at least.

Don't give up on your dream just because of that. Once you graduate you won't use it thatttttttt much.

Architecture is lovely so it's worth anything :luv
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I confess that I'm seriously considering choosing another course. Right now I study Architecture, and while I do love it and the subject with the same name, I feel that that I'm really not that into the other subjects that revolve around it, particularly the more scientific ones. This is really stressing seeing as I really would like to be an architect, plus I love the people in my course. Seriously, pretty much all of them great, never before have I befriended so many people so quickly. I feel that if I continue doing this course I'll just end up failing later on. It's really annoying :I

Also, I confess that I act pretty self-centered in this thread. Most times I just come here to vent off my feelings, and for that I apologize. I really do need to change...
My advice is that if you love architecture, stick with it. No matter the major, there always will be tedious coursework in peripheral subjects. It's a bit like going to the doctor and having to get an injection. All you can do is close your eyes, grit your teeth, and do your best to ignore the pain. This is my second time attending university, and that is a hard won revelation. The stress is normal, vent all you need, and be sure to try your hardest. Don't sacrifice something you love for the sake of something you hate.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that I'm seriously considering choosing another course. Right now I study Architecture, and while I do love it and the subject with the same name, I feel that that I'm really not that into the other subjects that revolve around it, particularly the more scientific ones. This is really stressing seeing as I really would like to be an architect, plus I love the people in my course. Seriously, pretty much all of them great, never before have I befriended so many people so quickly. I feel that if I continue doing this course I'll just end up failing later on. It's really annoying :I

Also, I confess that I act pretty self-centered in this thread. Most times I just come here to vent off my feelings, and for that I apologize. I really do need to change...
I've heard that architecture is a difficult degree and it can take a long time to get it. And yet, there aren't that many good jobs in the market. If you're considering changing, then I think you'd be right to seek out other majors. I know that you love it, but I don't want you to end up unhappy because there isn't demand in that field and you have to end up doing something else anyway.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I've heard horror stories about how demanding and soul-crushing a architectural student's final project can be, so it doesn't surprise me that the courses for it are just as demanding. If it's your passion, do your best to stick with it. Passions are hard to come by.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess that I'm seriously considering choosing another course. Right now I study Architecture, and while I do love it and the subject with the same name, I feel that that I'm really not that into the other subjects that revolve around it, particularly the more scientific ones. This is really stressing seeing as I really would like to be an architect, plus I love the people in my course. Seriously, pretty much all of them great, never before have I befriended so many people so quickly. I feel that if I continue doing this course I'll just end up failing later on. It's really annoying :I

Also, I confess that I act pretty self-centered in this thread. Most times I just come here to vent off my feelings, and for that I apologize. I really do need to change...
Basically, do what your heart tells you to do. DOn't be like me, as much as I love doing marketing, I'd enjoy going into medical but I'm not because I barely put effort in school and don't want to waste money. You need to focus on what makes you happy, and remember that short-term despair can a good price to pay for long-term happiness. Tough it out if you think you'll be happy with architecture as your career.

Basically, choose the path that'll give you least amount of regrets, no matter how hard it is. You'll feel even better for having have worked hard and succeeding.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
That's the best advice I can think of; follow your heart, and accept your not going to love everything about the path you choose. Take any stress, frustration, even any failure (no matter how minor), and let it make you stronger. The hard part only makes success more rewarding. Accomplishment without struggle feels empty.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I confess I don't really feel like I love my father. I think I never really have.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

And I don't think he's ever actually loved me.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
What makes you think that, though? He probably loves you but has a shitty way of showing his love. Us men aren't allowed to be weak and show something like love, we must be tough and badass!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top