Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nast.J

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
401
Reaction score
183
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
Even Hipsters are mainstream nowadays... :teehee
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess I have an unhealthy adoration of Vic Mignogna for the SECOND time.

Not because of his voice acting roles as Tamaki or Edward Elric.

But because he has assembled the best continuation to TOS I have EVER seen.

On a miniscule fraction of the budget of the JJ Abrams "Into Darkness", Vic Mignogna directed an original plot that respected the original Star Trek while tying in various elements of the franchise. He paid attention to how the series was written in the 60's. The music and sounds are identical. The mannerisms of Kirk, Scotty and Spock are tremendously accurate. The tiny details, like how Uhura sung in the original series, were used to effect. The structure - irrelevant prologue, introduction of crisis, philosophical questions, second crisis, and ultimate resolution with a deep humanistic value - was identical to many episodes of original Trek. Most importantly, it felt like Trek.

There are plot holes in his episode. There are production flaws. The script and final cut sure as heck needed more editing. McCoy's actor does not act as the curmudgeon from TOS that he's supposed to be. But Jesus fucking Christ, it is far more Star Trek than the bullshit JJ Abrams blow-shit-up movies.

And hence, I am back to worshiping at the altar of Vic Mignogna.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Yesterday in biology, this guy came up to me and sat next to me. After the lecture, this is how our conversation went:

Me: Man, I cannot stay awake in these lectures.
Guy: How come?
Me: It's so boring.
Guy: A bit, yeah...
Me: The only interesting part of biology,
Guy & Me (simultaneously): "...Is the chemistry part of biology."
Guy: Can I get your number?
Me: Yeah.


:arf He finished my sentence! WTF.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I confess that it really hurts when I do my best to be nice and all I get is hate instead, and I don't even understand why. And by the people I like the most. I'm sorry but it really does hurt and I cry every time.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,761
Reaction score
26,095
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I confess that it really hurts when I do my best to be nice and all I get is hate instead, and I don't even understand why. And by the people I like the most. I'm sorry but it really does hurt and I cry every time.
Awww - adi <3 forkem guys.
No woman no cry. :hug

@ Naomi - get you some <3

@ EF, Vic is pretty awesome. I really loved his version of that One Piece songs he did. Though not so hung up on him like you are :hurr
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Charlie - he has a girlfriend already, although I wouldn't be able to tell by the way he talks to me sometimes. -_-;
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,247
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I confess that I have so many white hairs already.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Niichan, this is not very brotherly! :gwah
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,761
Reaction score
26,095
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I confess that I have so many white hairs already.
Speak no more of this...

and a small confession of sorts. I believe lost ma Bluetooth head set. Strange to be attached to equipment but - its a bummer.
Had it for a year and it costed 45 or 50 bucks. ...
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
... I don't think I ever saw you without your bluetooth.


I confess I'm so elated by the fact that I passed every class and will graduate for sure, that I wanna fap my happiness out and release all my good tension into goodness.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,761
Reaction score
26,095
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Weels - thats guud news and grats!!

:confetti

Now you can produly and boldly go that porn theater - you've been eying :3
 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
already did that three years ago. Seven dollars at the time. :faint
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that I got my mom addicted to A Game of Thrones (TV Series), and this is how I know.

I'm ordering the discs from Netflix, meaning I can only have one disc ie 2 episodes at one time. So I put disc three (out of five) back into the mailbox to be sent back and then they will mail me disc 4 blah blah. Well, this is how our conversation went.

My mom: "Hey, the mail lady messed up. She didn't take the Netflix out of the mail box. She just sort of pushed it to the back."
Me: "Oh, well she probably just didn't see it. She'll grab it next time."
My mom: "I know, but she messed up."
Me: :huh "It's ok. It'll just take a day longer to get the next two episodes..."
My mom: "I KNOW. A whole day. I mean, would it have been that hard to just get the Netflix? We have to wait longer now. Ugh."

:rofl
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
No Netflix Instant?
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
If only! I have Instant Watch as well, but it certainly doesn't have Game of Thrones.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Oh, I thought it did. What about Hulu Plus or any other streaming sites?
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I'm not going to pay for Netflix, Netflix Instant, and Hulu Plus. :huh Way too much. I'll stick to ordering it disc by disc. I don't mind waiting between. I think my mom is so obsessed with seeing what happens next because she didn't read the book. XD
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
You're so hipster, Naomichi.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top