Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess that being called ugly all my life, I learned that no matter who you are, people will always bring you down for some reason. That's the reality. But I just don't like that reality.

A couple of days ago, I went into a tramb and I could hear two guys talking about me for at least 5 minutes until they came off. They were sitting really close to me, so it was obvious I could hear them. I was treated like an object.

Truth is, no matter what I do, something like this would always bring me down. Even if I have the confidence, I hate the fact that people would be this way.

What do I care about others, right? But I want to care. So that's my problem, I guess.
Firstly, it sucks that people are so incredibly mean, and I'm sorry for you having to go through that. Secondly, the way I look at it, even the most "beautiful" or "successful" people in the world are not universally adored or liked. Think of any celebrity; there are people who think they look good, people who don't, and people who don't feel one way or another. The best thing anyone can do is use the criticism to either make a change (only if they want to!) or to ignore it and go about your life. It's always going to exist, unfortunately, but it's universal.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Thanks for your words. Of course, I know all that, I've heard countless advice from different medias and I have been applying them and have learned from my own experience. I just don't like that society is the way it is, that people are treated like hell. And I can't change it, and I try to accept it but somehow I can't.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess that being called ugly all my life, I learned that no matter who you are, people will always bring you down for some reason. That's the reality. But I just don't like that reality.

A couple of days ago, I went into a tramb and I could hear two guys talking about me for at least 5 minutes until they came off. They were sitting really close to me, so it was obvious I could hear them. I was treated like an object.

Truth is, no matter what I do, something like this would always bring me down. Even if I have the confidence, I hate the fact that people would be this way.

What do I care about others, right? But I want to care. So that's my problem, I guess.
don't be a butthead, Adi-tan, you're not ugly.

You're who I think you are on FB, right? That we're friends?
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Am I who you think I am?? xD Wut? xD Yeah, I do have you on FB, so I guess I am who you think I am?

And honestly, I didn't write that to fish for compliments. I just wanted to put it there. Most of the time I have confidence and sometimes I feel down, like every human being I guess? But what makes me really angry/sad is what I wrote, that it's normal, that it's the reality, and I think it shouldn't be. I guess it's utopian thinking.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I forgot who you are on FB and I'm guessing. v.v

I know, I'm just saying,you're not ugly and you're a butthead for thinking so. It's supposed to be pep talk.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I confess I am getting increasingly antisocial.... Or at least it kinda seems that way. For instance, some time ago I was coming home and some friends were with me. As I was entering someone I would have had every reason to believe is a neighbor comes towards us and says hello. At that point the situation was already awkward for me because I had never seen this guy before and he came seemingly for no reason. After replying with an awkward hello the guy says "you are "dddd's" brother right (not gonna say the actual name)?" At that point I was just thinking "what in the holy fuck?". First because the situation was already reasonably awkward for me and also because "dddd" stood for some weird nickname for my sister. At that point a friend of mine asks "they call your sister dddd?" to which I replied "no, no one calls her that (which was a fact, the nickname he used is for people with a pretty different name)". At that point the situation was not just awkward for me but also to everyone there. Being fair the guy was pretty weird however from his perspective the only plausible way I could come of was probably somewhere along the lines of "unfriendly jackass". In this particular case I didn't mind since the guy was somewhat creepy however there are plenty other situations where which do not involve people in any form or context creepy or weird and I still come of just about as unfriendly towards others.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I forgot who you are on FB and I'm guessing. v.v

I know, I'm just saying,you're not ugly and you're a butthead for thinking so. It's supposed to be pep talk.
I'm the one with the name in "Russian alphabet". xD

Also, I don't really think I'm ugly anymore. In general, I've accepted my flaws. You missed out my point though.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
A couple of days ago, I went into a tramb and I could hear two guys talking about me for at least 5 minutes until they came off. They were sitting really close to me, so it was obvious I could hear them. I was treated like an object.
Just slap them on their face, it will embarrass them to no end and they won't dare to hit a woman in public transportation. :P Some people need a wake up call to remind them that they won't get away with bullying.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Actually that's what I always feel doing, but I can make an angry glare at most. xD Also, I try to be polite and all.

Usually I try not to care but I don't like the fact that people treat others disrespectfully and if I want to do something about it, it would be standing up for myself or something. Which clashes with my views of non violence, politeness, etc.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well I consider myself the "nicest" person, but most assholes won't learn from words or tolerance about their behaviour.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Actually that's what I always feel doing, but I can make an angry glare at most. xD Also, I try to be polite and all.

Usually I try not to care but I don't like the fact that people treat others disrespectfully and if I want to do something about it, it would be standing up for myself or something. Which clashes with my views of non violence, politeness, etc.
It's one thing to be polite to all others, but it's another thing to not address their rudeness. I like the kill them with kindness approach. Smile an act swee the whole time you talk to them, but be vicious enough with what you say that they leave with their tail between their legs.
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Unfortunately, that won't always work
There are people way too oblivious to sarcasm. Believe me, I have a female version of Sheldon at work.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Unfortunately, that won't always work
There are people way too oblivious to sarcasm. Believe me, I have a female version of Sheldon at work.
Oh, see I don't mean sarcasm. I mean saying what I really mean but not looking angry. It pisses people off to no end and for me works more often than not. If I let myself actually get angry then it means they win and are getting what they want.

Also, I confess that I can't handle living with my parents much more. I love them, absolutely, but living with them again is taking a toll! I'm getting to the point where a lot of the things they say or do irritate me and I'm having trouble putting up with it. They know how I feel, but nothing changes. They both have a habit of not listening to a word I'm saying, then 1 or 2 minutes later will say the same thing I JUST said or ask a question I just answered. I'm going crazy~!!!
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I'm the one with the name in "Russian alphabet". xD

Also, I don't really think I'm ugly anymore. In general, I've accepted my flaws. You missed out my point though.
I dunno how Russian alphabet looks like. D:

Oh, good. What was your point, then? I don't think I missed it, more like I tried to brush it aside and say something uplifting to make you feel better.
Well I consider myself the "nicest" person, but most assholes won't learn from words or tolerance about their behaviour.
Online as well or just in real life?
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I tried to brush it aside and say something uplifting to make you feel better.
Thanks but I feel okay. :oh

xD

Assholes never learn. Or if they do, it's an asshole in a million. xD
 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I have a dilemma. My cousins wedding may clash with my football team playing in a cup final.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Tbh, even if it's a while since they win anything, that cup is shit.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
How? The carling cup is shit, how is the FA cup shit? It's the oldest football competition in the world and the most important cup in England. Compared to other cups I dont see how it stacks less? The only thing cups that are more prestigious are the European cups. But we should talk about this in the football thread.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Wow, Imp, you have issues. And I don't mean your gender insecurities.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Wow, Imp, you have issues. And I don't mean your gender insecurities.
Yea you're right. I should go for the football. I dont know what I was thinking...
 
Top