Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess that I squished a shy admirer's request to hang out. He's a kid four years younger than me who has a crush on me since we took the train together from a couple of scholarship events. (I figured it was safer to travel with someone else, since I don't feel safe taking the train alone from SF after 9pm -- we chatted on the train, which combined with not having much of a social life, resulting in instant crush on his end.) I don't feel so bad, considering he said the damnedest things about women's rights and had the worst grasp of evolution I could imagine in a supposed medical researcher prodigy.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
it's okay Adi-tan, we all have known you were into girls for a while.
:huh

You're so random.

Moa, addiction and "under control" don't really go well together. As a friend, you could always try to reason with him, but in the end he would do whatever he wants. I hope he's okay though.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Yeah, they don't.. but I doo think that it's possible to manage some situations. A dunno about cocaine, never did it, don't know how manageable it is.
It's just.. he's a grown man, he have been there before, he knows better... but at what point he isn't on the control anymore? Cuz he's a friend.. it's just too complicated
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,927
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think science backs up the notion that addicts "know better". You do have a grown man that supposedly "knows better" but when it comes to addictions they are fighting actual biological urges which will basically fight to the death their common sense which supposedly knows better (in my mind I just pictured a joust between biological urges and rational thought except that the urges had a tank). Addiction is not something that ever stops, its something you manage.... If he was an actual addict and he had a relapse then he needs all the help he can get.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
it looks like it's already a problem.
It doesn't look so, it clearly is, addicition to hard drugs can never be controlled. And taking crack is just another way to evade reality. While I never took the hard stuff and luckily got out of the circle of drugs, I happened to be the driver a couple times... I know people taking PEP/Speed or heroin or other white feeling 'n stuff, its name I wouldn't even wanted to know. It gives them a kick, they speak how they missed that stuff etc. Your friend needs to get away from it, take a therapy, as taking it still will only lead to worsen of the situation.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
The knows better is about he knowing that he had problems with it before and he's walking a thin line.

I do believe that every individual is different and it's possible to control addiction without a complete abstinece, but it's hard and not possible for everyone.
On this last episode he "lost" his cell phone.. dunno if he was robbed or really lost it.
Anyway, I talked to some common close friends... we decide to just gauge how he's doing/feeling in life and all. I think that a full sit down or intervention would just push him away right now. So we just talk, listen and see... I mean, he's a grown man, we're no position to force him nothing.If thing get worse... than we'll talk with his GF and all (she's a long time GF, knows him before we do, so she probably have a better insight in all this than we)
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
You can force him to stay away from drugs and make sure he never gets his hands on it for a long time, but if he doesn't want to stop, then he won't stop. It's still up to him to stop.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I confess that... I laugh when I sleep. xD
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Well, I ended talking with a close friend who lives with him now (he just moved to a new apt)... and this friend told me that he just interned his father on a rehab of multiple drugs! And that he won't let it get on this level with our friend.
I also talked with him... and he said that he knows it's getting out of hand, that he shouldn't be doing it... that he needs to stop
That on that day he brought some coke and spent all his money with prostitutes on a brothel... he's on a 5 year relationship with his GF.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

I confess that... I laugh when I sleep. xD
I confess that when I drink I snore a LOT... I mean, really loud, like a beast! Or so says everyone else, I never heard it
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,927
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation


Its rare to find an occasion to use this meme so perfectly. On another note, snorting cocaine out of a hooker is probably an indication that that guy needs some serious help or even rehab.
 
Last edited:

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall


Its rare to find an occasion to use this meme so perfectly. On another note, snorting cocaine out of a hooker is probably an indication that that guy needs some serious help or even rehab.
Maybe he just wants to have fun man?

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

I confess that... I laugh when I sleep. xD
That's creepy.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,927
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Maybe he just wants to have fun man?
YOLO, swag and all that stuff I guess....




That's creepy.
I'd argue it depends on the laugh. It would go kinda either way if its like a giggle.... It would warrant reactions somewhere between "ahhh, she must be dreaming something cute" or "damn, I am about to get murdered my a doll". If its like a hysterical laughter it would be annoying more than anything. If its more like a traditional evil laugh (like MUAHAHAHAHAH or a low paces HE HE HE) it would be more along the lines of creepy. All of them warrant the question "what in the holy hell are you dreaming".

I confess I have said some weird stuff while sleeping. Once when I was a kid I told my parents in I knew where the elephants where (no context at all there). My mom woke me up when she laugh. Also as a kid I sleep talked my way out of going to school once (which is probably not something I would have been able to pull off awake).
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Yeah, it's a short, sort of quiet giggle like "hihi". xD

Sometimes I also moan... xD Not like that but it's sort of like "hmpf", once I even woke up cause of that.

Honestly, I have no idea how I can laugh when I sleep, when I feel so nervous when I'm awake.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
My sister has done that in her sleep. It was creepy as shit. I was awake half the night like O___________O


I confess that I don't have my dad's phone number. I got a smart phone though. I don't know how to use it.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I am still scarred from staying at a friends house and discovering that he not only talked in his sleep, but did it with his eyes open as well...

Friend having REM and talking -> utter lack of sleep and no desire to ever stay at their house ever again.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I also talk on my sleep! Kinda afraid of what things i might be saying while i am sleeping :lmao
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
I talk about killing the red dragon in my sleep :oh
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
My sister has done that in her sleep. It was creepy as shit. I was awake half the night like O___________O


I confess that I don't have my dad's phone number. I got a smart phone though. I don't know how to use it.
Use your smart phone to watch porn and send dick pictures to hot girls.
 
Top