Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,008
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I feel the same way at times, Kiko. We all are gonna die anyway, so why try so hard to make you life better? It's not gonna last long anyway. I wish I was never born. Sadly my opinion was not necessary for me to born.
The keyword is "anyway". Not so surprisingly, it starts a flowed chain logic. You discard all moral concepts when say "anyway". I deem it more dangerous than it might be called "free-spirited".
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
But like there are good things about life like you get to enjoy certain moments a lot but is it worth all the trouble you must go through during the life basically for nothing? Like I'm curious about what's after death ... I would just want to be able to think for 5 minutes after death to see cuz if there is nothing I won't really know :XD
If you are interested in being rewarded for living your life and think you need to get those rewards to be satisfied, you already lived an unfulfilled life to think this way.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
But like there are good things about life like you get to enjoy certain moments a lot but is it worth all the trouble you must go through during the life basically for nothing? Like I'm curious about what's after death ... I would just want to be able to think for 5 minutes after death to see cuz if there is nothing I won't really know :XD
I don't think there is anything after death. You lose your sense of time completely. In other words your consciousness cease to exist. So, you probably wouldn't be bothered by, what kind of soil you're buried in.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The keyword is "anyway". Not so surprisingly, it starts a flowed chain logic. You discard all moral concepts when say "anyway". I deem it more dangerous than it might be called "free-spirited".
Every living thing is destined to die. It's basically just a matter of time. Morality has nothing to do with it.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,008
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Every living thing is destined to die. It's basically just a matter of time. Morality has nothing to do with it.
Let me burn you slowly so that you feel the maximum amount of pain while dying, because why not? You are going to die, anyway. It's a matter of time.
Morality is a major factor in people coming up with a collective effort to make each other's life better, which, in turn, will make an individual's life better, as well.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Let me burn you slowly so that you feel the maximum amount of pain while dying, because why not? You are going to die, anyway. It's a matter of time.
We rarely get to chose the way we die. Burning slowly sounds like a painful death,(self immolation is a way Tibetans protest against Chinese occupation) but I'd chose that over getting slaughtered. It has more to do with perception than morals. For me, the worst death would be, a type of death which would cost a lot of money like dying slowly from an illness while your family gets broke paying for your treatment. Again I don't see how this has anything to do with morals. Death happens, not just to human life, but to every existing thing.
Morality is a major factor in people coming up with a collective effort to make each other's life better, which, in turn, will make an individual's life better, as well.
And what relation it shares with death? It's not like immoral people suffers more while dying. Moral has a lot to do with our lives. But with death? I don't see how your moral value determines, how you die.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I can't forget to eat, otherwise my body gets to a state where it'll start trembling rapidly and I'll eventually pass out..
Right now I'm trying to consume around 3000 calories to just put on weight..
This doesn't sound healthy at all.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,008
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
We rarely get to chose the way we die. Burning slowly sounds like a painful death,(self immolation is a way Tibetans protest against Chinese occupation) but I'd chose that over getting slaughtered. It has more to do with perception than morals. For me, the worst death would be, a type of death which would cost a lot of money like dying slowly from an illness while your family gets broke paying for your treatment. Again I don't see how this has anything to do with morals. Death happens, not just to human life, but to every existing thing.
And what relation it shares with death? It's not like immoral people suffers more while dying. Moral has a lot to do with our lives. But with death? I don't see how your moral value determines, how you die.
Well, you can get slaughtered, as well. It's just one example amongst the hundreds you can come up with.
Immoral people do not suffer more. Immoral people would make others suffer more, that was the whole point. Human conscience is collective. In a tribal community where raping people and beheading them is acceptable by their set standards, no one will see any wrong with it. Saying you don't need to try hard in your life, because you will die, anyway, directly translates into "You can do anything you want in life, and it wouldn't matter, either". You just kill the whole notion called "process", which is where you are supposed to find a value for your life, and just look at the endpoint instead.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kat

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Saying you don't need to try hard in your life, because you will die, anyway, directly translates into "You can do anything you want in life, and it wouldn't matter, either". You just kill the whole notion called "process", which is where you are supposed to find a value for your life, and just look at the endpoint instead.
What value we are supposed to find in the ''process''?
And yes, I do mean that ''Whatever you do, wouldn't make any difference anyway.'' Billions have lived before you. Billions have died.That's Only considering our species. And billions will live after you've died(considering our species don't become extinct soon). What difference can the existance of a single individual make? You live because you were born. That's just it. You will die, because you're living. It's a natural process. I doubt you can change the flow.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,008
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
What value we are supposed to find in the ''process''?
And yes, I do mean that ''Whatever you do, wouldn't make any difference anyway.'' Billions have lived before you. Billions have died.That's Only considering our species. And billions will live after you've died(considering our species don't become extinct soon). What difference can the existance of a single individual make? You live because you were born. That's just it. You will die, because you're living. It's a natural process. I doubt you can change the flow.
Maybe I worded that one poorly. Rather than finding, it's a matter of realization. The process itself as a whole is the value; value isn't a hidden part within the process.
You shape up your own life. Billions of people come and go, right. That doesn't change the fact that you live your life yourself. You are not out there to make any difference. You are not out there to change the flow. You are out there to live your life to its fullest, something you are going to measure, again, by yourself.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Many other people can agree, I'd say.
A fantasy of death revitalizes the image of living in one's eyes.

What we experience is a transient moment of changing states. Reduce it to binary and it's the exact moment a switch is flipped to hit 1 from 0, and vice versa. For us humans, death is the mirrored image life that 0 is to 1 in the binary space. Death complements life, just as much as life complements death. True human desire is to become complete. However, true human desire is also to achieve the perfect 1 that will complement the sure-to-be-perfect 0 that they will experience. Hence, death is a source of fear, for that it's a roadblock on your way to attaining perfection.
Wicked as it may sound, it's how the human nature works. You can tie this to sufism and such to attribute this to a divine being's wish, or just completely remain individualistic and consider it part of your will and psyche, which, in my opinion, truly does not matter. Humans only need to concern themselves with their own roots, not with the flow of the nature that lays beyond.
That's an interesting way of putting it, although that's oversimplifying things a bit. Maybe less like a traditional computer with 1 or 0, true or false. More like a quantum computer: 1, 0, or both at the same time.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
You are out there to live your life to its fullest, something you are going to measure, again, by yourself.
Doesn't that basically mean that "You can do whatever you want, it doesn't make any difference?" Just worded a bit positively.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,008
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
That's an interesting way of putting it, although that's oversimplifying things a bit. Maybe less like a traditional computer with 1 or 0, true or false. More like a quantum computer: 1, 0, or both at the same time.
I thought about that, but it's kind of hard to integrate the "both 1 and 0" condition onto the analogy as it stands. I do agree that it's simplification, however. You can sample your life at any given point and will not read a 0 or 1, and most likely interpret what you see as both 0 and 1, if that's how you'd like it.

Doesn't that basically mean that "You can do whatever you want, it doesn't make any difference?" Just worded a bit positively.
"I will make the best of what I have in life" and "Nothing will make a difference" are the same? Well, I guess I just can't see it that way.
 

Momoni

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2016
Messages
73
Reaction score
31
Country
United States
I can't forget to eat, otherwise my body gets to a state where it'll start trembling rapidly and I'll eventually pass out..
Right now I'm trying to consume around 3000 calories to just put on weight..
Exactly. I collapse quite frequently. It's not uncommon for me to lose a ton of weight in a busy month.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Exactly. I collapse quite frequently. It's not uncommon for me to lose a ton of weight in a busy month.
Doesn't this imply some sort of disorder?
 

Momoni

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2016
Messages
73
Reaction score
31
Country
United States
Doesn't this imply some sort of disorder?
The metabolism? No. The depression and anorexia are a good tag team against me eating. My girlfriend gets really mad about it.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,008
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
The metabolism? No. The depression and anorexia are a good tag team against me eating. My girlfriend gets really mad about it.
For starters, you can keep tab of how many times you eat during a day. Being "busy" isn't a relevant excuse.
Listen to people who will get mad worrying about you -even if it means it'll be forcing yourself to do so, to a degree-, that's the best advice to be offered.
 

Momoni

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2016
Messages
73
Reaction score
31
Country
United States
For starters, you can keep tab of how many times you eat during a day. Being "busy" isn't a relevant excuse.
Listen to people who will get mad worrying about you -even if it means it'll be forcing yourself to do so, to a degree-, that's the best advice to be offered.
I get this advice a lot, but you have to understand that not eating can happen. Sometimes I'm reading or writing and the whole day passes by. Sometimes it's work, etc. Basically any situation where I'm too busy to stop and think about things like food.

It's like remembering to do something you don't do frequently without trying. It's all coupled with the fact that I never feel hungry courtesy of depression, so it all requires a conscious effort, which isn't bad on say a day off, but on a day where I'm working 12 to 16 hours, I don't think of food. I just work and sleep.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,008
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I get this advice a lot, but you have to understand that not eating can happen. Sometimes I'm reading or writing and the whole day passes by. Sometimes it's work, etc. Basically any situation where I'm too busy to stop and think about things like food.

It's like remembering to do something you don't do frequently without trying. It's all coupled with the fact that I never feel hungry courtesy of depression, so it all requires a conscious effort, which isn't bad on say a day off, but on a day where I'm working 12 to 16 hours, I don't think of food. I just work and sleep.
To be frank, that is not a healthy working routine, so, stress building up and leading to depression, as well as bad nutritional intake would inevitably follow.

I think, for now, you should just try to get more proper at what you can. Every little step would count, if you ask me.
 

Momoni

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2016
Messages
73
Reaction score
31
Country
United States
To be frank, that is not a healthy working routine, so, stress building up and leading to depression, as well as bad nutritional intake would inevitably follow.

I think, for now, you should just try to get more proper at what you can. Every little step would count, if you ask me.
Mm, I go back and forth between proper and too busy. LIke I said, my girlfriend gets mad at me all the time for it. Thank you, though, it's really appreciated.
 

Momoni

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2016
Messages
73
Reaction score
31
Country
United States
That's really adorable.
 
Top