- Joined
- Sep 6, 2008
- Messages
- 6,426
- Reaction score
- 3,487
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Compared to Paris, Tokyo is huge. I don't remember the name of all Tokyo's districts but make sure to compare the right districts. I don't know if the Tokyo's district you're showing to me is the equivalent of Paris 1st district. Make sure to compare the right district. Just imagine if the district you're showing to me is the equivalent of a random surbub in Paris.Damnit. Those are prices I am not accustomed to.
Anyway, I took a quick peek at the rents and you are right. Crazy people... But ! These kind of prices ranges can be met in Paris too. An example to illustrate my words :
_ Flat in Paris I ;
_ Flat in Tokyo.
You can see that the rent is lower for the french flat. Of course there are many criterions involved, but I'm not sure we can say that all of Tokyo is more expensive than all of Paris when it comes to the rent tag.
And I stand by what I wrote earlier. It does not really matter what kind of food I eat (actually, things from grocers/convinis mostly), since I behave the same way everywhere, so I could compare.
You should check a flat in one of the most pretigious district of Tokyo if you want to compare with Paris 1rst district. I remember when I lived in my brother's flat at Omotesando, the company (Axa) had to pay the rent, his senior salary was clearly not enough, even if he earned the extra euros since he was an expatriate. I don't remember anymore the amount of the rent, but I remember it was really extremely high.
Damnit. Those are prices I am not accustomed to. 

I hope you get better soon.







